Chit Chat

Just Stalked the Wedding Wire Forums ... Wow

WOW. I just read up on the Wedding Wire forums ... the advice is so different from here! There seems to be little desire to follow etiquette there. I couldn't believe how night and day it was!

Granted, after all TK trouble with websites and online rsvps I'll likely still do my website over there. But still!

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 

Re: Just Stalked the Wedding Wire Forums ... Wow

• Wedding Bee is even worse. It's like a free-for-all over there.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Wedding Bee is even worse. It's like a free-for-all over there.
    Oh realllllyyyyyyyyy.......

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I read both WW and the Bee solely for entertainment purposes. It's like a whole new universe on both those sites.
  • I started there when I was initially planning. I felt like I left with everyone's nose in my ass. Not to mention that, but the stuff they were telling people to do was stuff I ALWAYS hate as a wedding guest - dollar dances (ZOMG you can make so much money!!!), gaps (but how else will you get PICTURES!?!?!??!?!?!).... Just..... yea. Not for me.
    *********************************************************************************

• Dollar dances?? Gaps?!! Telling everyone what to wear? *gasp, gasp* Well don't you know that's life as usual at WB lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Part of me wants to make up a user name is troll people with the worst possible scenario.

"Yeah, I was thinking of having my ceremony at the cemetary so my granny could be there.  Do you think alcohol can be served before noon or is that too much?"
    Bahaha, I love it!  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see a few voices of reason, but oh my goodness there are some bad ones. 

My favorites are the one about bridesmaids having matching hair and people saying, "You need to just go with whatever the bride says about everything.  It's her day."  Another one was a bride asking if her bridesmaid binder was detailed enough.  The snarky side of me would love for her to post that here!

ETA: Oh my gosh, there is a thread from a guest whose plus one was uninvited because some family members RSVPed late!!  What the?!?!?!!!

• Part of me wants to make up a user name is troll people with the worst possible scenario.

"Yeah, I was thinking of having my ceremony at the cemetary so my granny could be there.  Do you think alcohol can be served before noon or is that too much?"
    Bahaha, I love it!  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see a few voices of reason, but oh my goodness there are some bad ones. 

My favorites are the one about bridesmaids having matching hair and people saying, "You need to just go with whatever the bride says about everything.  It's her day."  Another one was a bride asking if her bridesmaid binder was detailed enough.  The snarky side of me would love for her to post that here!

ETA: Oh my gosh, there is a thread from a guest whose plus one was uninvited because some family members RSVPed late!!  What the?!?!?!!!

I saw the binder one.I couldn't believe the number of women who supported that idea. Every time I go over to WW, I feel like I've gone into crazy land.
  • What is in a bridesmaid binder?  Linky?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Clicky.  Because of course this will be passed out at a bridal party meeting.

Clicky.  Because of course this will be passed out at a bridal party meeting.
    The idea of bridal party meetings is beyond me.  

Unless by "meeting" you mean boozing.  And apparently you live in the prohibition era where you can't just go our for drinks with friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My favorite was the girl who wanted to know what was the proper way to let everyone know that she was spending a lot of money on her wedding so that they would gift appropriately!!!
  • @goldchocobo‌ if you end up trolling please please please post the scenario about the bridesmaid being knocked up by the FI! I would love to see their reaction....
  • I love the part where one poster is like "I'd hold off on the shirts..."  Yeah, because that's the biggest problem this bridezilla has.  OMFG hold the presses because we need to stop with the SHIRTS!

When I read these I think, "These are real people.  In society.  I mean, I could be standing in line beside one at a Walmart RIGHT NOW."  I'm like Haley Joel Osmand in the 6th Sense only it's "I see irrational people...."

Do wedding bee people come around here, read our snark and warn other WB's?
    I've seen new posters here say SUPER dumb shit, and then during their GBCK address mention that the WW/WB crews were right about what uptight pearl-clutching biddies we all are.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Binder bride made me laugh. And not in a good way.
  • I made an account, but I have to post a few times so I don't look MUD

FYI, a lot of them lurk here so they know you're coming.

I request a PM when you post over there.
    *********************************************************************************

FYI, a lot of them lurk here so they know you're coming.
    Yeah, looking at the boards, I see that.  It's all fair game, eh?  I'm guessing a few of them post on our Etiquette Boards about PPDs...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ugh. The binder and Bride/BM meeting nonsense reminds me of the Babysitters Club. Come on, people. It's called email.
  • I've never really been on WB, but I have lurked around WW. I got the impression that a lot of the brides had really tacky taste in decor and it wasn't very helpful to me.

This girl also seemed to think I was low class and not special snowflake princess because I thought about getting my makeup done at MAC. Sorry, but my venue is near a large shopping mall that's tax free and has some seriously talented makeup artists there. Most artists that come to the hotels here arent amazing. Why would I pay more for people who aren't as talented because it's our "day" and shouldn't leave our venue?

She acted like I was committing the ultimate wedding sin.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Are we still feuding with the ladies from the Bee?
  • Five minutes on Wedding Bee and I already have a headache.
  • Sarah your sig is ADORABLE.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards