Favors
Options

No Favors

This is just info, not a question.

Saturday we went to a beautiful, almost over the top wedding at a midtown museum. There were no favors. I didn't even realize it until this morning. Nobody at the wedding commented on it so I guess they didn't notice it either. They are that unimportant. 

Re: No Favors

• Options
    This is just info, not a question.

Saturday we went to a beautiful, almost over the top wedding at a midtown museum. There were no favors. I didn't even realize it until this morning. Nobody at the wedding commented on it so I guess they didn't notice it either. They are that unimportant. 
    I went to a wedding that didn't have favors and it took me almost two years to figure it out. I realized it when I was planning my own wedding and was thinking about the favors I've received at various weddings and realized I didn't get one there.  I obviously didn't miss it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just read another post about donating to a charity for favors (which I was considering) but after all the comments I'm not so sure and may skip favors all together. I will be giving away parts of our centerpieces most likely. Thin bud vases with a single rose in each of them.

• Options
    @mocarski002‌ , Donations are not a good idea so glad you gave that up. If you think you really need favor, candy is universally loved.
  • Options
    To the great favor debate, I'll say this:
    I will never notice when there aren't favors, but I will always notice if there are terrible favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    Thanks for this. I've been stressing about getting favors because my mom just told me I NEEEEED to have them and she thinks it is inappropriate to not have them.
  • Options
    Thanks for this. I've been stressing about getting favors because my mom just told me I NEEEEED to have them and she thinks it is inappropriate to not have them.
    Meh - ignore your mom (unless she's paying for the wedding). If she is paying for the wedding, she gets a say. In which case you should definitely push for edible favors - cookies, chocolate, etc. "Stuff" favors are as useless as they sound.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    To the great favor debate, I'll say this:
    I will never notice when there aren't favors, but I will always notice if there are terrible favors.
    Exactly. Then I'll forget, then I'll remember 3 years later when I find said useless favor in a box of stuff. And I'll feel a little guilty about throwing it away...but I'll do it anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards