Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Ideas for Desitnation CA?

So my fiancé and I are getting married in Newport Beach, CA in March 2015. We live in St. Louis. We are flying out for the wedding on a Thursday, married on Saturday and we would like to leave for our honeymoon on that Sunday. We honestly would like to keep it cheap but we love tropical. Any ideas? Someone suggested we could honeymoon in Cali somewhere. Anyone?

Re: Honeymoon Ideas for Desitnation CA?

• We are getting married in Mexico and our plan is to honeymoon in Cali. We want to rent a car and drive up the coast. I everywhere in Cali so you can't really go wrong. San Diego is amazing, so much to do and so fun. Plus you can drive over the bridge to Coronado and go to the beach if you like the water. You could stay on Coronado island too but it is pricey. Northern Cali is great too, you could honeymoon in San Fran or Napa. So many options!!

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Congrats! March is not a beach month for California. There's a lot of other fantastic things to do if you are into cities or natural places (i.e. Yosemite) but it won't be very warm or tropical.

Orange County is only a 5 hour flight to Hawaii and flights tend to be cheap, so I would look there. Mexico is also a good option- but don't do anything in Baja, that's not tropical, it's Mediterranean climate just like So Cal. 

If you want to stay in CA and want the warm weather and palm trees I would highly recommend the Palm Springs area. La Quinta Resort is phenominal as is the Riviera in Palm Springs. There's not ocean, but it will be warm and you can hang out by the pool. 
  • CA is not very tropical, and March weather will definitely vary.  So Cal has more of the beach scene but they are typically crowded so I do not see you wanting to spend all day every day at the beach. If you are a Disney fan, there is of course Disneyland and then Universal Studio's is another option.  Coronado in San Diego like PP mentioned is a nice day trip.  But if you venture out, driving up the coast can be a lot of fun. Santa Barbara is nice, there are many opportunities for Wine Tasting (Paso Robles is smaller than Napa, but still has many options), Pismo Beach is a small but fun town.  As PP mentioned there is San Francisco and Napa in Nor Cal as well if you want to keep driving. 

If you are looking for a more relaxation and tropical option though, I would look into Mexico or Hawaii.  You can get some awesome Mexico deals for exclusive resorts that will be less expensive and more romantic... but it really depends on what sort of things you like to do on vacation.  Hawaii is great, but expensive.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards