Maine

Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts Venue Ideas for Clambake Wedding on a $10,000-$15,000 Budget

Hey girlfriends! I am in the midst of planning a summer 2015, beachy, clambake wedding and I am about to explode! I want a laid-back, unpretentious reception where we and our loved ones can eat, drink, dance and relax!! I find myself constantly crossing options off our list as many places have $20,000-$30,000 minimums for weddings. Yes, this is the most important day...but no, breaking the bank is not an option! We plan on 100-125 people, we will have open bar for beer and wine (maybe a signature cocktail or two, but not necessary). We are not against a Friday wedding to help cut costs either. We will be visiting Fosters (York, ME), Essex Conference Center (Essex, MA), Kittery Community Center (beach ceremony to precede reception), and Elks at Bass Rocks (Gloucester, MA). We spoke to the owner of Costal Critters in Camden, Maine, and would love to use him if we use a place that allows independent catering. His prices are great, he's experienced and his reviews are superb! Can anyone suggest any other sites, caterers, etc? Also, anyone know of any wedding planners in the area that may help get this done? I reallllly appreciate any and all help! Nobody told me how damn stressful this business is!   

Re: Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts Venue Ideas for Clambake Wedding on a $10,000-$15,000 Budget

• This is an international board, so you might have better luck posting this to the local boards of places you're looking at. 

@jenna8984 - are you from MA? @MuppetOverlord - MA?
    *********************************************************************************

• I am in central MA so unfortunately I haven't been to any venues on the actual ocean. Is that a must for you? There are some affordable places in my area that are on lake properties so that might work unless you really want ocean.

Calling other New Englanders @phira @beethery @goldenpenguin

• If you're looking for rural-ish NH that is about 45 minutes from the MA state line, I recommend the 4H grounds in New Boston, NH. Big, nice barn. Clean bathrooms on the grounds, about 20 yards away from the barn. FSIL rented it last spring for $800. PM me if you want their contact info.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I got nothing. Sorry! My venue (Saphire Estate) worked with us to keep us under $15k for about the same number of people, but 1) it's a November Sunday wedding (not a summer wedding) and 2) it's definitely not a beachy clam-bake kind of place. Although it is on a lake.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I don't know about costs, but Foster's is the one that advertises at the local bridal shows. I have no specific experience with them. Here's one in NH: http://littleneckclambake.com/about-us/ Just off hand, your budget seems very low for a clambake for 125 people with open bar. ...unless that's for the food only?
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • This is an international board, so you might have better luck posting this to the local boards of places you're looking at. 

@jenna8984 - are you from MA? @MuppetOverlord - MA?
    Close - NH!
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • If you are open to Fridays, The Samoset waives the room rental fee for weekday weddings, which knocks 6000 off the top.  If you are frugal in other areas, they might fit into your $15,000 budget.  We are getting married there (with a $10,000 budget) but we're having fewer guests.
  • The Mooring B & B Georgetown ME- Looked at them when I was looking- offer a reasonably priced Lobster Bake at a beautiful spot on the ocean. http://themooringb-b.com/midcoast-maine-wedding-location/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards