Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the date proof has arrived! Am I missing anything?

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your help last week. I tried to take all of the advice here into consideration when we designed our save the dates. We've come up with two proofs. They're almost identical. Any clear winners?

Also, am I missing anything that should be on a save-the-date?

Thanks!

Re: Save the date proof has arrived! Am I missing anything?

• Very elegant!  Only advice is this - be careful about using TK's website.  Just look over at the Tech Help board to see all the issues.  If you have time, I'd use another platform / provider.
  • Very elegant!  Only advice is this - be careful about using TK's website.  Just look over at the Tech Help board to see all the issues.  If you have time, I'd use another platform / provider.
    Thank you! I have seen some of the unfortunate issues with TK's website but mostly related to the RSVPs. We are doing RSVP by snail mail, though, so we shouldn't have any troubles there. :) We are mostly just using it to post information about accommodations and the shuttle service that we are running throughout the evening.

I will definitely go back and re-read some of the issues, though, in case they are issues that will affect us! 
  • I love these!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally, I would omit the zero from the date.  I just like the way it looks better.  I like the simplicity of your design.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I love these!
    Thank you! We are excited to see how they will really look in person.

CMGragain said:
    Personally, I would omit the zero from the date.  I just like the way it looks better.  I like the simplicity of your design.

Thank you! Your advice on here has been invaluable. I'm torn on whether to omit the zero or not. I am so spatially sensitive about the numbers being in symmetrical sets. 

Alternatively, we considered writing out, "June 27, 2015" but I was still a bit concerned about it looking too cluttered and making the save the date look more formal than it ought to be. I know one of the inspiration photos I posted earlier received feedback about looking too much like a wedding invitation. We definitely want to avoid that.
  • Very nice! I like the second flourish better. The zero seems to me to fit visually, but I'm wary to go against anything cmgragain says.
  • Apparently the names have a tendency to disappear ....http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1036246/names-on-website#latest
    I did see that just a few minutes ago! :-/

I spent an embarrassing amount of time on our wedding website through TK. I'm weighing the pros and cons of starting over.

Very nice! I like the second flourish better. The zero seems to me to fit visually, but I'm wary to go against anything cmgragain says.
    Thanks! And after hearing it from cmgragain, I certainly have been second guessing it, as well. Fortunately, it seems that this might just be in the area of aesthetics and everything else that should be on the save the date is there (and that's the most important part!)
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Save the dates are a new idea.  The only rules are that they contain the information who, when, and formal invitation to follow, and that everyone who gets one MUST also get an invitation.  My daughter chose postcards with Japanese anime characters!  You can do whatever pleases you.  (She paid for them!)

LOL!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I like the zero..balances it. Very nice!

• I like the zero. And I haven't had any issues with my TK wedding website. Worst it's done was give me some glitchy font formatting similar to the forums, but I fought my way through that. Hasn't changed/deleted anything on me since I set it up.

• I prefer the first one.
  • CMGragain said:
    Save the dates are a new idea.  The only rules are that they contain the information who, when, and formal invitation to follow, and that everyone who gets one MUST also get an invitation.  My daughter chose postcards with Japanese anime characters!  You can do whatever pleases you.  (She paid for them!)

LOL!

Those are cute! 

jenni1221 said:

I like the zero..balances it. Very nice!

Thanks!

I like the zero. And I haven't had any issues with my TK wedding website. Worst it's done was give me some glitchy font formatting similar to the forums, but I fought my way through that. Hasn't changed/deleted anything on me since I set it up.
    I definitely had some formatting issues, too. I also managed to find ways around these issues, though! I spent an embarrassing amount of time setting up the website. To be fair, though, I always appreciate when I see others who have spent time on their websites. It circumvents questions and confusion, especially for OOT guests.

doeydo said:
    I prefer the first one.

Thank you for your input! We chose the first one today. I'm just waiting to hear back from the company now, though I have a feeling they close early on Fridays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards