Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Song choices.. HELP!

First off, we are not hiring a band or DJ for any part of our wedding or reception. I am doing all the music myself and have asked a trusted family member who will be in attendance to make sure that things get played when they should be. I think I've pretty much got everything figure out, or at least some options for me to listen to and think about. However, the major choice I'm having an issue with is the recessional song. So far the song that keeps sticking out to my FI and I is "Ho, Hey" by The Lumineers. (Would edit to get it to the chorus) However, whenever I played this song for my parents to help get their opinion, and they both say that it's "too slow". My question is has anyone else used it as their recessional? And if so, how did it work out? Does anyone agree that it's too slow?

Thanks!

Re: Song choices.. HELP!

• Options
    If you plan on using the "I belong to you, you belong to me" portion I think it would be fine. It would be on the slower side than most songs people play, but it has a catchy beat and picks up...and it is different, so I can actually picture it.  If you and your FI like it, then go for it.  I would not have thought about that song for a recessional at first, but I get where you are going with it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:
    If you plan on using the "I belong to you, you belong to me" portion I think it would be fine. It would be on the slower side than most songs people play, but it has a catchy beat and picks up...and it is different, so I can actually picture it.  If you and your FI like it, then go for it.  I would not have thought about that song for a recessional at first, but I get where you are going with it.

That's exactly the part I was going to use! :) Yeah, when I played it for my parents, they brought up the fact that it was kind of slow, that's why I was wondering what other people thought. I'm having trouble finding something more up-beat, but just as modern. 

Thank you so much for your answer though! I'll still keep it in mind, but also keep looking to see if anything else fits better! :)
  • Options
    Thats super cute!
    I'm thinking about "You're my best friend" by Queen but I love that song. And if you guys are kinda laid back and dancy-y and sway-y along with it, I think it could be great. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards