September 2014 Weddings

What is your Pre-Wedding Workout?

What workouts are you doing to prep for the wedding?
I am a weightlifter, so my workout is a little more extreme but a LOT of fun! It has given me abs, great legs and toned arms, and I DON'T look like a dude! Haha!

I am doing the Lindsey Renee Shredded Program. Here is what I do:

Monday: Chest/Biceps/Shoulders/Abs

Chest Press 3×12
Dumbbell Fly’s 3×10
Cable Cross Overs 3×10
Barbell Curls 3×12
Dumbbell Hammer Curls 3×10
Alternating Dumbbell Curls 3×12
Side Lateral Raises 3×10
Front Shoulder Raises 3×10
Arnold Press 3×12
Leg Raises (on the bench) 3×15
Stability Ball Crunches 3×15
Oblique Stability Ball Crunches 3×15
Kneeling Cable Crunches 3×20
Cardio: 30 minutes of Cybex Arc

Tuesday: Legs/cardio

Smith Machine Squats 3×8
Smith Machine Sumo Squats 3×8
2 minutes of Lunges on the Treadmill
Leg Press 3×15
Seated Leg Curl 3×20
Deadlifts 3×15
Dumbbell Lunges 3×20
Leg Extensions 3×15
Hack Squats 3×15
Leg Press (close feet) 3×15
Cardio: 30 minutes Stair Masters

Thursday: Back/Triceps

Overhead Lat Pushdown 3×10
Lat Pull Downs 3×10
Seated Machine Rows 3×12
Seated Cable Rows 3×12
Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows 3×10
French Press 3×12
Skull Crushers 3×10
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns 3×12
Tricep Cable Extensions with Rope 3×12
Cardio: 30 minutes Cybex Arc

Friday: Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Leg Press 4×12
Smith Machine Squats 4×10
Leg Curls 4×15
Leg Extensions 4×15
Side Lateral Raises 3×12
Front Shoulder Raises 3×10
Dumbbell Posterior Deltoid Raises 3×15
Dumbbell Shrugs 3×15
Seated Dumbbell Press 3×12
Cable Crunches 4×20
V – Ups 3×15
Bicycle Crunches 4×12 (each side)
Leg Raises on Bench 3×15
Cardio: 30 minutes Stair Masters
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is your Pre-Wedding Workout?

• Couggal12Couggal12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I did T25 for awhile and I liked it mostly because I knew I could always fit in 25 minutes into my day of working out.  I had to do the modified version a lot because I wasn't in great shape when I started. Shaun T is no joke! I lost about 10 pounds doing that and kept it off since then. 

Now I just do cardio and a lot of arm weights since I'm very self conscious about them. I do a lot of tricep and bicep weight lifting exercises I looked up on bodybuilding.com. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Couggal12- Awesome! Yeah-- I have heard about Shawn T. He is extreme! There are some great programs on SimplyShredded.com, too. That is where I got this one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Does opening wine bottles, pouring wine, and lifting/setting down a wine glass count?

I'm only somewhat kidding. I run a few days a week, 3-5 miles, and go to the gym a few days a week and focus on my arms and shoulders. That's pretty normal anyway, wedding or no wedding.

• @thisismynickname I am using wine bottles as my centerpieces so opening/pouring wine definitely counts because I also used that in my work regimen as well ;) 

@lgsdesigner I will check out SimplyShredded.com, thanks I'm always looking to switch up my workouts so I don't get bored. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I started Weight Watchers in March, not really for the wedding, more so just for me, to get at a good place health wise, and ready to start TTC. I've lost almost 30 pounds, I'm on maintenance now. I also started exercising, AE Active for the Wii (created by Bob Green, who was Oprah's trainer guru). I got kinda bored with that, so just before I went away, I started doing Walk Away the Pounds, which you can find the full videos on You Tube. I made sure I walked a lot while I was away, but I also ate ice cream every single day, sometimes twice a day. What else can you do when on the boardwalk and at the beach? I plan to get right back to my exercise this week, and plan to focus a little more on my arms and shoulders. I might check out SimplyShredded.com.
  • kirby400kirby400 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I'm running about 3-4 miles every other day but last week I added in Jillian MIchaels' Ripped in 30 dvd. I've had a lot of success with her in the past and now that I've been running, the DVD isn't 'quite' as painful.

Since you can't spot train and I don't want to lose a lot of weight, I'm worried my arms aren't going to be that great. (Strapless dress!) My arms and my hips are where I capture any weight so even though I'm at a healthy weight, they are still 'bigger'. Hopefully Jillian can whip 'em into a more toned shape!
  • @kirby400 - That is how I lost my 30lbs...with Jillian Michael's. I did:
    30 Day Shred every day for 30 days
    No More Trouble Zones for 40 days 4 days a week
    6 Pack in 6 weeks for 6 weeks, 3 days a week, and weight lifting twice a week

For arm toning, do:
    1) Overhead military presses
    2) Tricep cable pulldowns
    3) Push ups
    4) Dips
    5) Dumbbell or Barbell curls

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards