Chit Chat

I am a terrible person

Tomorrow is my shower, and I am registry stalking like nobody's business.

And let me tell you, people are hitting up Target HARD tonight. So hard, in fact, that somehow I have 3 of the same toaster ovens coming my way.

Re: I am a terrible person

• Step away from the registry.

3 toaster ovens.   That's odd.  did they buy them at the same time at different stores?   What kind did you get.  I love my toaster oven.   I rarely turn on the big oven.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Step away from the registry.

3 toaster ovens.   That's odd.  did they buy them at the same time at different stores?   What kind did you get.  I love my toaster oven.   I rarely turn on the big oven.
    I think this must be the case, otherwise i'm not really sure how it happened. 

It is a KitchenAid 6-Slice. I will likely almost never turn on my oven again. I'm so excited!
  • I'm picturing 3 people who don't know each other in the same Target line with the same toaster oven, going "oh hey, same toaster oven!" "Oh yeah! It's for a shower tomorrow." "Hey, MINE TOO!" but not figuring it out.

Also... I can't tell you to stop because I did the same thing. I'm not ashamed.
    Hahahaha, oh god. That is hilarious.

I know that I totally should stop, but um, NO. 
  • I did the same thing right before my shower too. I think we are all guilty of doing that.

However, I did find out that some of my guests will be bringing gifts to the wedding.. For instance my FMIL is bringing an All-Clad cookware set to the wedding... Not that I am not grateful (actually am overjoyed) but I was shocked she would lug that thing 2 hours away from home. 
  • I didn't stalk my registry.   Then again my shower was OOT.  I had to fly to my sister's (mom flew in also).  The next day I went and had my fitting, lunch with my mom, sister and BM.  That night BM and mom stayed at my sisters and we all did invitations.  Well, they did the invitations ( I'm a damn lefty who smears ink across the page writer).   I did the stuffing and stamping though.     Then the shower was the next day.    

I didn't have time to stalk.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT. Sparkly moscato vodka??? Please tell me how that turns out. It looks like it has glitter in it.

/shares regular sparkling moscato with you
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • My FI has been begging me to go and buy him a sparkly moscato vodka. He won't go get it for himself because he feels its not manly enough for him to be seen buying. Lol
  • beethery said:
    Girl I thought that was shampoo.

LOL. Same. That is the purplest bottle of wine I've ever seen.

hahahahahaaaaa y'all are going to drink some nail polish-looking booze
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Hey, taste being equal, I would totally go for the sparkly colorful drink. With a motherfucking cocktail umbrella in it.

Anniversary
  • Wait is the booze purple or just the bottle?

• beethery said:
    When I was scrolling down, I only saw the top of it. For serious, I thought it was a dildo.
    Hahahaha, OMFG. I AM DYING.
    It's the booze. Shimmery purple booze.
    Shiiiit when I think of shimmery, glittery booze, I think of Goldschlager.

Anniversary

Shiiiit when I think of shimmery, glittery booze, I think of Goldschlager.

Okay, yeah, I won't drink that unless it magically starts tasting good.

Anniversary
  • beethery said:
    beethery said:
    When I was scrolling down, I only saw the top of it. For serious, I thought it was a dildo.
    SAME! I was like... well damn girl fly the freak flag. And then my brain went to shampoo and I thought, yeah we'll say shampoo. Yes.
    ......Dammit, I'm drunk and this is bringing back memories of my now dead cock of science. That thing was the best......

.....Wait...what were we talking about again?

Anniversary
  • The who in the what now?!?!?!??! DO TELL!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    The who in the what now?!?!?!??! DO TELL!
    Seconded.
  • beethery said:
    The who in the what now?!?!?!??! DO TELL!
    Ha ha. I had a favorite vibrator that I bought during a combo dry spell/Oh-well-theres-no-point-in-me-dating-since-I-plan-to-move-back-to-Philly phase. (Yeah, that didn't work) I sent a link to my bestie and her response was "HOLY SHIT THAT IS THE COCK OF SCIENCE"

The name stuck. The phrase came from the excellent webcomic Templar, AZ 

YOU SHOULD READ IT. YOU'D LIKE IT. 

Anyways, about a year ago, it died. I thought I'd try a different one, and H bought me one, and it doesn't do the job, but I feel the need to wait a little longer before I say fuck it and go back to the sweet, sweet, cock o science.

For the curious

Anniversary
  • I had a pink version of that! I killed it during my similarly titled year in GA. NSFL story time:

There was a dry spell for about 3 months, and then I ran that freak flag to the top and serial hooked up with many friends-of-friends. 

That bunny got so much use with one girl I was seeing that I had to replace the batteries three times in 2 months. Maybe it was defective. Only in battery usage at least, but good lord. It was a thing of scientific magic.

I ought to get another one.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I had a pink version of that! I killed it during my similarly titled year in GA. NSFL story time:

There was a dry spell for about 3 months, and then I ran that freak flag to the top and serial hooked up with many friends-of-friends. 

That bunny got so much use with one girl I was seeing that I had to replace the batteries three times in 2 months. Maybe it was defective. Only in battery usage at least, but good lord. It was a thing of scientific magic.

I ought to get another one.
    I took it with me for a week trip staying with an ex turned fuck buddy and left the battery cover behind. I may have sent slightly frantic messages to him letting him know THAT I NEEDED IT BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANK YOU.

Anniversary
  • PRIORITIES!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards