Destination Weddings Discussions

Sandals Brides

Does anyone know the fee they charge to bring in an outside photographer? 

Re: Sandals Brides

• Have you booked yet? I have heard that if you bring an outside photographer they will let you sign a waiver saying that you are not using their services and that the person must stay at the resort. I have also heard that they do not allow outside photographers at all. I would just e-mail your coordinator or call sandals and ask to talk to a wedding coordinator and ask them how that works. Fiance' and I planning on using their services, even though it will probably be the priciest part of the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I spoke to a representative about outside photographers, she said they are not allowed, no exceptions. We are getting married at Sandals Antigua and trying to find a way around the expensive photography packages. We were thinking about setting one up and just taking our own photos with the self timer but she also told me use of a tripod is not allowed. Photography is definitely where they get you. 
  • I spoke to the wedding department and have been told we can bring a photographer as long as they are staying at least 3 days. We cannot bring a photographer from the island though. We are weighing the pros and cons now but we can bring someone and pay for their airfare and three nights for cheaper than their photography packages. Plus then we will have someone there for a few days taking shots rather than just a couple of hours. 
  • St Lucia they told me you cant bring a photographer BUT they do have a couple of third parties you can hire and they have websites and the pics look great. I was going to hire one but we want to have it recorded and to do it there it is $500! Smh. So we are going to take the base package and do the video that way it will still be around budget and we can buy extra pics and stuff while we are there. I might hire a third party to do my bridal pics....*sigh decisions and money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2014
  • ckoche said:
    I spoke to a representative about outside photographers, she said they are not allowed, no exceptions. We are getting married at Sandals Antigua and trying to find a way around the expensive photography packages. We were thinking about setting one up and just taking our own photos with the self timer but she also told me use of a tripod is not allowed. Photography is definitely where they get you. 
    I know right! We are doing St Lucia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue which resort are you getting married at? I'm a little disheartened that the information I'm getting from Sandals isn't consistent. :-( The wedding rep I talked told me as long as they were staying 3 days they could take pictures but I also read reviews where sandals charged guests for taking pictures so I'm really nervous! 
  • Ausome13 said:
    @princesstissue which resort are you getting married at? I'm a little disheartened that the information I'm getting from Sandals isn't consistent. :-( The wedding rep I talked told me as long as they were staying 3 days they could take pictures but I also read reviews where sandals charged guests for taking pictures so I'm really nervous! 
    Heyyy. St. Lucian Grande. On my paperwork its says no outside party and thats what she told me. Call the Sandals wedding line and ask. Maybe you can get a clear answer. Maybe if it's a "family member" taking pics it will be ok?.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue I called the line and they told me that anyone staying for at least 3 days could take as many pictures as they wanted as long as they didn't use a tripod. 

• I almost wish that we had someone to take extra photos of us. I just do not want to hire someone to go all the way down there with us, especially when we are going just the two of us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I totally understand! And Sandals has the photo shop where you can have people take pics whenever you want. Or get a butler and hope he's good :) 
  • We are staying in butler room, haha. I am thinking we may actually end up going with the $1800 package because it includes the videography. We want something that we can share with close family when we get back. So expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ausome13 said:
    @princesstissue I called the line and they told me that anyone staying for at least 3 days could take as many pictures as they wanted as long as they didn't use a tripod. 

Ahhhhh. Well we just paid for their photographer. I dont have anyone who would take descent pics anyway and I am not paying someone's way and for my pics. That works out for you though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are staying in butler room, haha. I am thinking we may actually end up going with the $1800 package because it includes the videography. We want something that we can share with close family when we get back. So expensive!
    Thats what we did. They said we could pay for extra pics that we like and stuff. This package kept us in budget with the video anyway. Ah the butler room. That is going to be AWESOME!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue The video that is included in the package is their $900 video so it is definitely worth it! We are going by ourselves so we want to make sure we have lots of photos and the video to share with close friends and family. Have you already gotten married at Sandals? I am curious about how everyone's photos and video turn out. I have watched a few on YouTube, and I love them. I think I am going to choose the contemporary video format.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue The video that is included in the package is their $900 video so it is definitely worth it! We are going by ourselves so we want to make sure we have lots of photos and the video to share with close friends and family. Have you already gotten married at Sandals? I am curious about how everyone's photos and video turn out. I have watched a few on YouTube, and I love them. I think I am going to choose the contemporary video format.
    We get married July 31. I did the base wedding and upgraded some stuff. So we didnt get the package theme deal with video and pics which would have been nice. I did the base picture package and added video for $500. Is that not crazy! We have a few friends coming and several of his family. I def wanted the video for family and friends that couldnt make it and for us to have. I keep telling him you only get married once. I def did not stay in budget and got everything I wanted. LOL. I will be sure to either start a board or comment on something we have commented on so you can see a few of our pics and stuff to see how they were and how the experience was. I feel like they should pretty good though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's so exciting! Your wedding is coming up quickly. I would love to hear about your experience when you return.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hi all. @princesstissue‌ congratulations! I'm am hoping you have a dream come true wedding and you come back here to tell us all the details of working with then grande :) we're getting married Aug 15 at the grande st lucian. we vacationed there 3 years ago and had the best time ever. since then we've been on 5 other vacations and when it came time to pick our destination wedding (actually we're eloping) we couldn't think of anywhere else under a 10 hr flight time that we'd even consider! id lve to hear what the planning process has been like for you? the resort is amazing and the staff is too but im feeling like they're falling short on reasonable options to make the day what I want it to be. I feel like EVERYTHING is either not allowed or costs extra. am sooooo nervous about using them for my hair. and regarding photography, I really want to take pics in the ruins at pigeon island (the park next door) as its one of my favorite things about the Rodney Bay Area but I'm worried they wont do that for us....I haven't been able,to get an answer. anyway think of us when you return and give us the full run down! congrats again!
  • hi all. @princesstissue‌ congratulations! I'm am hoping you have a dream come true wedding and you come back here to tell us all the details of working with then grande :) we're getting married Aug 15 at the grande st lucian. we vacationed there 3 years ago and had the best time ever. since then we've been on 5 other vacations and when it came time to pick our destination wedding (actually we're eloping) we couldn't think of anywhere else under a 10 hr flight time that we'd even consider! id lve to hear what the planning process has been like for you? the resort is amazing and the staff is too but im feeling like they're falling short on reasonable options to make the day what I want it to be. I feel like EVERYTHING is either not allowed or costs extra. am sooooo nervous about using them for my hair. and regarding photography, I really want to take pics in the ruins at pigeon island (the park next door) as its one of my favorite things about the Rodney Bay Area but I'm worried they wont do that for us....I haven't been able,to get an answer. anyway think of us when you return and give us the full run down! congrats again!
    Thank you!! I am not too worried about hair and make up. I get a trial session before the actual one. I am getting my nails and everything done there. Pictures I really hope turn out well!!  You are so right the upgrades cost so much! $400 for a bouquet? Ridic. The planning has been easy. Although honestly I am not pleased with my offsite planner. Any questions I have if she doesn't respond quickly enough I call the Sandals number. Maybe you can find a local photographer to do some pics over in the pigeon area? With what you get with the wedding dinner and all that it will be worth it. The main thing we can enjoy our honeymoon and weddings without stressing about all the things we would be if we had gotten married at home! Decorations, clean up, and all that stuff.  I will def come back and tell yall about experience as you don't really find too much on here or the internet about it. Congrats to you, it's all coming so quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue 2 weeks and 6 days until your wedding! How exciting! I have started a bin for my wedding with wedding related items I have purchased to take with. I feel like I am going to end up with a ridiculous amount of luggage! I hope you have an amazing time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @futuremrsk515 I knowwww. Its like 11 days now. It crazy because we HAVE to pack this week. Our flight leaves Sat morning. I am so excited with a touch of nervousness. I have been setting items aside that we cant forget. I will probably start laying stuff out in the other bedroom. I am doing a carry on and he is checking a bag so "we" are checking a bag lmao. I will be sure to comeback with all the details!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue . . . You will be a married lady by this time tomorrow! I hope you enjoy your special day, and I can't wait to hear all of the details when you return!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @princesstissue You are married!!! How was it? I am trying so hard to let you enjoy your newly married life without questions but I cant contain myself. I was wondering if they go over the ceremony script anytime before the ceremony. I am considering asking if they could send it to me. I likely would not change it but I kind of would like to read it. Also, did you guys write your own vows or use theirs?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @futuremrsk515 I am getting ready to write it up. They went over the ceremony with him. They started with him so I knew what to say when it was my turn. We didnt write our vows we used theirs. They said and we either repeated or said I do. I think you can though! It's a lil diff from what it is here and we held a bible when we did it. It was the most amazing and stress free time everrrrr!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone!!

@princesstissue‌ I saw your thread! Congrats and great pics!

It makes me more excited for my wedding in June. I'm getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera.
  • edited August 2014
    @kirah82‌ You will enjoy it! The staff were all very nice and friendly! I am telling you nothing but stress free and good times!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kirah82 What day in June are you getting married? I am getting married May 15th at Sandals Grand Riviera.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married on June 6. I've been to the resort a few times and absolutely love it! It will just be a completely different experience since I'm going for my wedding.
  • We are considering getting married at a Sandals so these are great to read. I want at least immediate family to be there but want a videographer and photographer too. I'm anxious as to which was this is going to go (DW or small ceremony at home) so we will see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards