Ohio-Cleveland

Cost of Venue

Hi Everyone,
Congratulations to those who just  got engaged, planning, and those who already overcame the big day!

I had a quick question... Just wanted to get some ideas.
How much are you (did you) pay for your venue in northeast Ohio (Cleveland area)? I wanted to know what's reasonable and what's an appropriate amount to pay. 

Thank you! 

M.

Re: Cost of Venue

• In my experience, it very much depends on your location, season and quality of food/beverage. We inquired at some downtown hotels (Hyatt, Renaissance, Wyndham) that were over $80/guest. Some more suburban venues further from the city were in the high 20s. We looked at one location at that price point and to be honest, we were not impressed with the food and drink options...and we didn't want our guests to drive all over the state to celebrate with us! In the end we went with Springvale Ballroom in North Olmsted. We were the last wedding before the holiday season and got Friday night pricing for a Saturday reception. If you are flexible with your plans, you can definitely manage to stay on budget. 
  • My reception will end up around $60pp for food and alcohol, including plated dinner, hor d'oeuvre displays, standard linens and chairs, waitstaff, etc. with no extra fee for the venue itself. My second choice venue was $75-80pp. There are places in the area as low as $30pp (without alcohol mostly) and some well over $100pp - how much you end up paying at a venue can fluctuate $10 or more pp based on the food and alcohol packages you select. My best advice is to set a budget and allocate at least 50% to your venue/catering, then you'll have a better idea of what kind of venue will be reasonable and appropriate for you! Congratulations and happy planning!
  • That's going to vary a LOT. You can get a super cheap location and cater it yourself or you can go all out and pay over $100/person. For us we were $45/person, I think and we were able to bring our own booze so I'm guessing once that was purchased it ended up somewhere at $55-60/person?
  • I've seen venues anywhere from $30 per person to well over $100 per person and it even varies at the same location depending what package you pick. We ended up paying $125 per person at our venue for food and alcohol. The venue included tables, chairs, dishes and linens. I ended up renting my own linens anyways somewhere else. 
  • For my ceremony venue we are paying $1000 for a four hour rental and for our reception about $5000 or $6000. That's a minimum of 150 ppl and family style dining and a six hour rental which includes an open bar
  • I paid $45/pp but I know other venues I looked at when up to $80 per person depending on what package you went with. I could have gotten it a little cheaper but the price I paid included, apps, dessert table, cake, dinner, bar, card box, linens, chair covers and candle centerpieces. I know that for a similar set up I would have paid $100+ per person downtown. Granted the venue probably would have been fancier. When shopping around when you look at the per person price, make sure to compare what you get from venue to venue. I know other venues that I looked at that had the same price I paid didn't include half the stuff that my venue included.

• We got The Ultimate Package from the Cleveland Airport Marriott. I believe it is $53/person, dinner, cocktail hour, centerpieces, linens, etc. We wanted as little DIY as possible, and as much in one place. This was by far the best fit for our needs .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards