September 2014 Weddings

Survived the Bachloparty

Any other ladies out there have theirs yet? 
Let's just say my girls gave me way too much to drink and I fell into the club's pool fully dressed with an inflatable shark lol? 
I wouldn't have changed the experience for anything!! So much fun! :) 

Re: Survived the Bachloparty

• Haha! That's awesome. No. Mine is actually the 30th. We are going to a fancy Italian dinner at Martini's, and then headed over to The Big Bang piano bar (which is a BLAST!). They get you on stage and embarrass the heck out of you! 
    I plan to wear a slinky red dress and heels and really let my hair down. Cannot wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wedding is in 2 weeks and haven't heard if anything is happening yet, so I guess not? I hope it's not a surprise... Lol.
  • Well that sounds pretty fun and ridiculous hahah

Mine was last Saturday. Four of us went to the ocean in Newport RI. Relaxed in the sun, chatting, eating chips, taking pics. It was a little too chilly for swimming but still fun to be at the beach. Then we went to dinner on the harbor. Then home since I do not drink alcohol. I was a tad disappointed because I had bought a sexy cocktail dress for dinner (I never get to dress up) but the other girls were wearing jeans and flip flops so I changed to not be out of place.

Oh well, I told hubby I'll wear it to dinner on the honeymoon!

• @lgsdesigner Where do you live? I love the piano bar in Phoenix.

• Wedding is in 2 weeks and haven't heard if anything is happening yet, so I guess not? I hope it's not a surprise... Lol.
    Aww I think surprises are the worst lol.. only because I would show up in sweatpants. You definitely need to have one! I had so much fun and to let myself have a break from the wedding details. 
  • jenna8984 said:

Well that sounds pretty fun and ridiculous hahah

Mine was last Saturday. Four of us went to the ocean in Newport RI. Relaxed in the sun, chatting, eating chips, taking pics. It was a little too chilly for swimming but still fun to be at the beach. Then we went to dinner on the harbor. Then home since I do not drink alcohol. I was a tad disappointed because I had bought a sexy cocktail dress for dinner (I never get to dress up) but the other girls were wearing jeans and flip flops so I changed to not be out of place.

Oh well, I told hubby I'll wear it to dinner on the honeymoon!

Stuck in the Box! :(

I loved Newport. Such great restaurants. We are thinking about stopping in on our honeymoon. We're thinking drive there and to Martha's Vineyard and maybe Nantucket. We are in bit of a time crunch and can't do anything too big. :/ Enjoy that dress though!! I was so excited to get out and wear something a little fun for a change. :D

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I did a beach overnight with 2 of my single girlfriends at the end of July.  Nothing too crazy, just relaxing on the beach.. chatting, laughing, reading, snacking.  Then casual dinner on the boardwalk and then staying out to have a few drinks & to see The Nerds perform.  They are a really great cover band and play Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant most Thursdays over the summer.

I was told by one of my BMs, (who at this point is really on my list....ugh) that I wouldn't be getting a weekend away, since they all have kids and can't get away.  When I asked what would be happening instead she didn't have an answer.  So I took it upon myself to plan a nice dinner out for myself, my bridesmaids and a few other really close girlfriends.  We are heading to The Melting Pot in 2 weeks.  Can't wait for all the yummy food!  I planned it the Saturday night of the weekend FI will be away for his bachelor weekend.  That way, FSIL (also one of my BM) won't be lonely... since her hubby is a GM.  I'm hoping it will be a fun day... starting out with FSIL BM dress fitting in the morning (perhaps joined by another BM too), then to a local fair with FSIL and nephew, finishing up with dinner.

• HH2Be said:
    I did a beach overnight with 2 of my single girlfriends at the end of July.  Nothing too crazy, just relaxing on the beach.. chatting, laughing, reading, snacking.  Then casual dinner on the boardwalk and then staying out to have a few drinks & to see The Nerds perform.  They are a really great cover band and play Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant most Thursdays over the summer.

I was told by one of my BMs, (who at this point is really on my list....ugh) that I wouldn't be getting a weekend away, since they all have kids and can't get away.  When I asked what would be happening instead she didn't have an answer.  So I took it upon myself to plan a nice dinner out for myself, my bridesmaids and a few other really close girlfriends.  We are heading to The Melting Pot in 2 weeks.  Can't wait for all the yummy food!  I planned it the Saturday night of the weekend FI will be away for his bachelor weekend.  That way, FSIL (also one of my BM) won't be lonely... since her hubby is a GM.  I'm hoping it will be a fun day... starting out with FSIL BM dress fitting in the morning (perhaps joined by another BM too), then to a local fair with FSIL and nephew, finishing up with dinner.

@HH2BE I take it your from Jersey possibly? Looove The Melting Pot. FI & I go every year for my birthday in Whippany. Also if you are into cover bands check out, Nine Deeez Nite. They are so much fun and play all over Jersey, NY, CT. We were going to have them play at our wedding, but our original venue was too small. And as for my party, I fell in the pool at Harrah's Pool Party in AC. First time there and I loved it! I met a million NY/NJ bachelor/ettes there. 
  • @drina0218, actually from the HV of NY.  Grew up in Rockland, live in Westchester now.  Good to know about the other cover band, thanks!  I know so many people who do AC for their bach, but oddly, that isn't my scene, been once, wasn't impressed.  We're heading to The Melting Pot in White Plains, can't wait!!
  • I had mine last weekend, and the girls told me the date but nothing else! We ended up getting pedicures during the day, then went for a nice dinner. Then we went back to my MOH's place for LAP DANCE LESSONS and it was hilarious, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. We ended the night dancing at a club and a huge sleepover after. There was a lot of booze, food, and hilarity. It was awesome.
  • jazamie said:
    I had mine last weekend, and the girls told me the date but nothing else! We ended up getting pedicures during the day, then went for a nice dinner. Then we went back to my MOH's place for LAP DANCE LESSONS and it was hilarious, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. We ended the night dancing at a club and a huge sleepover after. There was a lot of booze, food, and hilarity. It was awesome.
    I love this!!!!!
  • MOH told me today that time has gotten away from her and she feels like a butt about not having planned anything.  It's really no biggie, and the only time we could possibly do anything would be next Sunday night into Monday (labor day).  I think FI and I have Labor Day plans, so who knows.  She threw us a beautiful couples shower a few months ago when we were much less busy, and I keep reassuring her it's fine.  

Y'all sound like yours have been a blast!
  • Mine was last weekend and I also had way too much to drink.

Sick in my hotel room by midnight after getting denied access into a club because I fell into the bouncer.

Embarrassing! lol but we all had fun anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards