September 2014 Weddings
Options

What is your Pre-Wedding Workout?

What workouts are you doing to prep for the wedding?
I am a weightlifter, so my workout is a little more extreme but a LOT of fun! It has given me abs, great legs and toned arms, and I DON'T look like a dude! Haha!

I am doing the Lindsey Renee Shredded Program. Here is what I do:

Monday: Chest/Biceps/Shoulders/Abs

Chest Press 3×12
Dumbbell Fly’s 3×10
Cable Cross Overs 3×10
Barbell Curls 3×12
Dumbbell Hammer Curls 3×10
Alternating Dumbbell Curls 3×12
Side Lateral Raises 3×10
Front Shoulder Raises 3×10
Arnold Press 3×12
Leg Raises (on the bench) 3×15
Stability Ball Crunches 3×15
Oblique Stability Ball Crunches 3×15
Kneeling Cable Crunches 3×20
Cardio: 30 minutes of Cybex Arc

Tuesday: Legs/cardio

Smith Machine Squats 3×8
Smith Machine Sumo Squats 3×8
2 minutes of Lunges on the Treadmill
Leg Press 3×15
Seated Leg Curl 3×20
Deadlifts 3×15
Dumbbell Lunges 3×20
Leg Extensions 3×15
Hack Squats 3×15
Leg Press (close feet) 3×15
Cardio: 30 minutes Stair Masters

Thursday: Back/Triceps

Overhead Lat Pushdown 3×10
Lat Pull Downs 3×10
Seated Machine Rows 3×12
Seated Cable Rows 3×12
Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows 3×10
French Press 3×12
Skull Crushers 3×10
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns 3×12
Tricep Cable Extensions with Rope 3×12
Cardio: 30 minutes Cybex Arc

Friday: Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Leg Press 4×12
Smith Machine Squats 4×10
Leg Curls 4×15
Leg Extensions 4×15
Side Lateral Raises 3×12
Front Shoulder Raises 3×10
Dumbbell Posterior Deltoid Raises 3×15
Dumbbell Shrugs 3×15
Seated Dumbbell Press 3×12
Cable Crunches 4×20
V – Ups 3×15
Bicycle Crunches 4×12 (each side)
Leg Raises on Bench 3×15
Cardio: 30 minutes Stair Masters
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is your Pre-Wedding Workout?

• Options
    Couggal12Couggal12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I did T25 for awhile and I liked it mostly because I knew I could always fit in 25 minutes into my day of working out.  I had to do the modified version a lot because I wasn't in great shape when I started. Shaun T is no joke! I lost about 10 pounds doing that and kept it off since then. 

Now I just do cardio and a lot of arm weights since I'm very self conscious about them. I do a lot of tricep and bicep weight lifting exercises I looked up on bodybuilding.com. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Couggal12- Awesome! Yeah-- I have heard about Shawn T. He is extreme! There are some great programs on SimplyShredded.com, too. That is where I got this one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Does opening wine bottles, pouring wine, and lifting/setting down a wine glass count?

I'm only somewhat kidding. I run a few days a week, 3-5 miles, and go to the gym a few days a week and focus on my arms and shoulders. That's pretty normal anyway, wedding or no wedding.

• Options
    @thisismynickname I am using wine bottles as my centerpieces so opening/pouring wine definitely counts because I also used that in my work regimen as well ;) 

@lgsdesigner I will check out SimplyShredded.com, thanks I'm always looking to switch up my workouts so I don't get bored. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I started Weight Watchers in March, not really for the wedding, more so just for me, to get at a good place health wise, and ready to start TTC. I've lost almost 30 pounds, I'm on maintenance now. I also started exercising, AE Active for the Wii (created by Bob Green, who was Oprah's trainer guru). I got kinda bored with that, so just before I went away, I started doing Walk Away the Pounds, which you can find the full videos on You Tube. I made sure I walked a lot while I was away, but I also ate ice cream every single day, sometimes twice a day. What else can you do when on the boardwalk and at the beach? I plan to get right back to my exercise this week, and plan to focus a little more on my arms and shoulders. I might check out SimplyShredded.com.
  • Options
    kirby400kirby400 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I'm running about 3-4 miles every other day but last week I added in Jillian MIchaels' Ripped in 30 dvd. I've had a lot of success with her in the past and now that I've been running, the DVD isn't 'quite' as painful.

Since you can't spot train and I don't want to lose a lot of weight, I'm worried my arms aren't going to be that great. (Strapless dress!) My arms and my hips are where I capture any weight so even though I'm at a healthy weight, they are still 'bigger'. Hopefully Jillian can whip 'em into a more toned shape!
  • Options
    @kirby400 - That is how I lost my 30lbs...with Jillian Michael's. I did:
    30 Day Shred every day for 30 days
    No More Trouble Zones for 40 days 4 days a week
    6 Pack in 6 weeks for 6 weeks, 3 days a week, and weight lifting twice a week

For arm toning, do:
    1) Overhead military presses
    2) Tricep cable pulldowns
    3) Push ups
    4) Dips
    5) Dumbbell or Barbell curls

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards