Christian Weddings
Options

Need Christan song for Mother/Son Dance

My FMIL is not sure if she wants to do a Mother/Son Dance due to she does not like any of the typical songs. She is very religious and really does not even listen to music of any kind so she herself is unable to give any suggestions.  I was hoping if I could find a nice Christian song they could dance, she is still open to the idea of doing a dance.  Neither my FI nor I listen to listen Christian music so I don’t even know what is out there. Any assist would be greatly appreciated

Re: Need Christan song for Mother/Son Dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a specific song right now, but here is a place you can search -- 

You can search through lyrics by specific lyric, phrases, exact match, etc.  There are a TON of songs on there and you might be a while.  I'll keep looking and I'll re-post if I find something!  I'm sure others will have some good ideas for you.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I can think of a TON of Christian songs for Father/Daughter but there isn't a single one I can think of for Mother/Son.  FI is looking for one, as well, so I'll be intersted in the responses you get.
  • Options
    Oh gosh, I'm with you fpaemp - lots of father/daughter but not a tond of mother/son.  I just went to google.com and typed in "mother/son christian song" and a few sites came up.   You might try that!!  I'm sorry I'm not more help.  :P

Edit:  I just found this one - A Parent's Prayer by Steven Curtis Chapman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMi4b0abidI

Edit #2:  And this one - The Man You've Become by Molly Pasutti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLlUnUICQM&feature=related

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced both mother/son and father/daughter together to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.

"Find Your Wings" is another popular one. It's by Mark Harris.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's one thing we haven't found yet either.  If anybody has any more suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    mark shultz- he's my son 

written about Shult's nephew who had cancer and his mom's prayer, but lyrics are general enough they're applicable for most loving christian mom's for their sons
  • Options
    I have been looking as well. Which brought me to this post. I found a song possibility. It's not "Christian" but its nice. Found it on Pintrest.com/pin/202099102000998705.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards