Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cheap sunscreen for welcome bags

Hey!  I'm starting to make a list of items and prices for my welcome bags.  I'm looking for a good price on small sunscreens to include for our guests who may not realize its pool season or really bright/hot outside in Vegas.  Has anyone purchased any at a good deal?  

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cheap sunscreen for welcome bags

• Options
    The only thing I can think of is hitting Costco when it's on sale (if you get their coupon book it will let you know). Seeing as summer is winding down, I don't think it will be on sale at Costco though - however, other stores like Walgreens could end up putting them on sale since summer is ending, don't you think?

I thought maybe the Dollar Tree but you never know how good it works...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking dollar tree, but I am like you... how well will it work?
    Maybe I should check out the travel size bins in Target, Walmart, etc... those may be on sale this time of the year too... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah! The travel sized bins at Target or Walmart, even Walgreens! They're sure to have some! Good luck. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's a thought....what if you contacted the manufacturers of sunscreen and explained what you're doing.  Maybe they may have trial sizes they would give to you.  You'd have to approach it from their standpoint.  What in it for them? Their product in the hands of 50 people who may not have used it before.  Its a great way for them to gain new customers for future use and a cost cutting factor for you
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Keep an eye on sales at CVS. Its common going into fall season for them to do Buy 1 get 1 50% off their brand of products (for a good month it will literally be ALL CVS brand items in the store). Then go for the travel size sunscreens

I just checked their site and the deal is actually going on this week! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone... 

FYI - I emailed Banana Boat just to see what they would do.  This was my response (I think they are pretty much telling me no, they will not give me any free product... LOL):

Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to email us! We are so happy that you are interested in Banana Boat Sun Care products.

We encourage you to sign up for money saving offers on our website at http://bananaboat.com/racing/default.aspx. You can also follow us on Twitter and 'Like' us on Facebook to hear about special offers and promotions.

It was great to receive your email!

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Check to see the company that makes Coppertone products.  They might do something.  They recently did a mail out to homes with a sample.  It was a small sample, only 2 or 3 uses.  It didn't come in a bottle it was a pouch that you rip open.  I also attended an Expecting a New Baby show and they handed out the pouches of Coppertone for babies.

Sorry Banana Boat didn't help out but it's always worth a try, You can't hurt anything by asking.  :-)

Good luck!!!  :-

• Options
    laneygurl6laneygurl6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I think the dollar store sunscreen works great! I can totally say that I used their sunscreen the majority of the summer and I am a fair skinned redhead who lives in Florida by the beaches and go there at least 2-3 times a week for about 2-4 hours and do not get burned at all when using them. I do reapply about every hour and a half though, but I lay out so I hope this helps you with your decision!
  • Options
    @laneygurl6, that's great to know!  thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards