October 2014 Weddings

Gifts arriving

I sent out my invites yesterday. However, I have already received three gifts! I was thrown for a loop because I wasn't expecting them yet. These were all from people who have gotten STD's (that abbreviation makes me lol), but it was a surprise. One was from a 2nd cousin who is elderly and sent a beautiful vase. I didn't register for the vase (I have a quite a few from an inheritance), but it's very pretty and came in the most beautiful wrapping paper I had ever seen. 

The question is, when do I send a thank you card? She sent her regrets, so my thought is soon. I've started making a list so I know who got me what. It's all happening so soon!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts arriving

• I would wait until after the wedding.  You could probably make the thank you note now, have it ready to go out right away.  If you're leaving for your honeymoon right after the wedding you can ask a family member or one of the bridal party member's to mail them out the day after the wedding.

Anniversary
  • I disagree with @Dignity100. Send the thank you note now and acknowledge the gift, otherwise she's going to wonder whether or not you received it up until after the wedding. It's important to promptly acknowledge gifts upon receipt. Plus this will mean one less thank you note you have to worry about post-wedding when you have about a million others on your plate. ;)

• I agree with @LaPeanut1018 Send your thankyous asap.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I looked it up - it looks like the 'old time' etiquette was to wait until after the wedding, but now-a-days the etiquette is to send the 'thank you' now.

Anniversary
  • "old time" E was to wait to open everything after the wedding too. But, nowadays, people expect responses more quickly, and want to know their gift arrived. I've already gotten gifts as well, I have a spreadsheet set up with who sent it, what it was, and whether or not the TY has been sent yet. I got the TYs out within a couple days of getting the gifts.
  • Thanks. I'll start shopping for some cute thank you notes :) I didn't expect to have to do this yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sending Thank Yous now and using after the wedding as well. If you aren't dead-set on having Thank You cards that match your invitations, etc. go check out Target. I found so many cute designs, in packs of 50 for $9.99 and $11.99. Love when cute things don't break the bank!
  • We've gotten 2 gifts from our registry. One I know was for the shower the other was a wedding gift. I sent both thanks you's right away. I also bought nice thank you cards for prior from Target. I am going to order thank you's that match our invitations closer to the wedding and use those for after the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards