Registry and Gift Forum

Registry as your shower/wedding is creeping up?

Is anyone else as bad as me and keeps looking to see what has been purchased off your registry!? I look everyday! My shower is Sunday, wedding in October. LOL

Re: Registry as your shower/wedding is creeping up?

• I looked several times a day. :/
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • My shower is Saturday, wedding in October.  I look.  A lot. 
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Yeah, I looked every day. I have 0 self control.
  • I looked a ton, I had no self-control about it.  But don't freak yourself out about it.  I had so few items purchased that I was terrified that no one was coming to our shower.  Turns out the majority of people didn't buy from the registry for some reason.  They were all lovely, thoughtful gifts, and though some were not things that we strictly needed, I realized that I probably shouldn't have been so obsessive about checking the registry.
  • I looked a ton, I had no self-control about it.  But don't freak yourself out about it.  I had so few items purchased that I was terrified that no one was coming to our shower.  Turns out the majority of people didn't buy from the registry for some reason.  They were all lovely, thoughtful gifts, and though some were not things that we strictly needed, I realized that I probably shouldn't have been so obsessive about checking the registry.
    This was also my experience and I was stressed out (so unnecessary) that people would go off registry.  They did and I loved them all!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I looked a lot. Now that's a problem!

We're getting married in October and had our shower 2 weeks ago. Things were coming off our registries right and left leading up to the shower. In these last 2 weeks, nothing. We figure that it will pop up again in the two weeks before the wedding.

I've become a pro registry stalker!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was until after the shower. It's sort of like peeking under your parents' bed at Christmas. My first buy was a glass bowl set and I was pumped lol. 
  • I peek at it because we have a LOT of out of town guests coming, and honestly when we went to my brother in law's wedding in my fiance's home state, we had to buy a gift the night before the wedding, and the only thing left was a $150 place setting! Sounds tacky, but I honestly want to make sure there's some silly stuff on there like baking pans or pastry brushes in case someone wants to get a gift and not a gift card, but I don't want there to be only expensive stuff lingering. 
  • Looked ALL the time!  But a lot of my stuff wasn't purchased off the registry, I got a TON of gift cards though.  Also, ended up with gifts that were on the registry but not marked off so I didn't know I was getting them. 
  • Oh definitely!! My wedding isn't even until July but we've already had a gift bought off one of our registries! And now I check all the time lol. My shower isn't for awhile so I don't expect anything else to be bought for the next couple of months, but it's fun to look anyways :) (and a nice escape when I just need a minute away from my work)
  • Our wedding isn't until August and someone has already bought an 8 piece set of our china!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I look a lot - I can't help it! To me, it's exciting to see our registry being utilized (it makes me feel like the wedding is getting closer). I've also had a few people who can't attend my shower next month send a shower gift anyway, which is super sweet, so I used the Thank You Note managers to send thank you notes now (trying to stay on top of it!). 

But yeah, I'm a compulsive registry checker. :o

• I look ALL.THE.TIME I have the macy's app on my phone and check constantly since a few weeks ago when things started to get bought. I am obsessed and super excited about it. Just today 2 more things got bought and I started my Thank You cards!! My shower is in 2 weeks and I am crazy excited! 

• Yes I do that too! Haha. On Amazon it's easy to filter it, but I try not to click on what was actually bought. I just see that X amount were bought.

My wedding is in 49 days, and I keep getting asked by some family members to make another registry, like Target for example. But I've been with my FI 9 years, and we just don't need the basic stuff. Haha.
    I may just create one, and add some of the amazon stuff to it, since some people probably prefer going to a store.
  • I didn't realize people did this. This weekend my sister was very excited that someone bought her $$$ silverware. I thought she had actually received the gift from my mom at her shower last week, but turns out I spoiled that surprise. She just knew "someone" had bought it. Woops.
  • I got so excited the other day because I was on the app for my Crate and Barrel registry and it said one gift had been fulfilled (my wedding isn't til September).  Then I got sad face when I realized the app was just being wonky and nobody has purchased anything yet. 
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards