Attire & Accessories Forum

Anyone Have Round Solitaire with Princess Cut or Emerald Cut Wedding Band?

I've been looking at different wedding bands, I have a round cut solitaire ring.
Does anyone out there have a similar style (round solitaire does not matter what size) with a wedding band that has princess cut or emerald cut stones? I see so many with round cut stones in the wedding band and was wondering what else people have done.  Thanks in advance for pictures :)

Re: Anyone Have Round Solitaire with Princess Cut or Emerald Cut Wedding Band?

• caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    You're ring looks exactly like mine! Granted, I hope this is helping with what you asked but this band is somewhat similar to what I have chosen:

Edit: insert hyperlink/photo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2014
    I have a round solitaire as well. My fiance was adamant about getting the setting as close to the Tiffany setting as he could. My band is knifed (hard to see, I know). I like it, but my diamond tends to sometimes twirl on my finger because it's top-heavy. My band has the round diamonds. I tried on everything and the round really suited my e-ring.
  • I have a round solitaire with round diamonds around the band for my ering. Similar to @caitlinmca's band. My wedding band is the same as the band on my e-ring.
    *********************************************************************************

• ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I had went with an insert.  DH has since changed the setting on my solitaire ering because the prongs for some reason were interfering with the insert so it wasn't sitting right once I had everything sized.  I attached a few photos.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're ring looks exactly like mine! Granted, I hope this is helping with what you asked but this band is somewhat similar to what I have chosen:

Edit: insert hyperlink/photo.
    I also have the same ring.  I went with square stones on the wedding band (which I get to wear in 2 days!!!!) because I didn't like the channel cut, I wanted it to look like a band of diamonds.

Also... can't tell from the pictures but the quality of my diamonds is also different.  My e-ring is an investment quality diamond with amazing cut and clarity and sparkles like I've never seen.  (FI picked it on his own, I would have been happy with CZ as long as we were getting married LOL)  My wedding band is not the same quality but they are smaller diamonds and you really don't notice. My e ring was a "brand name" and they tried to talk us into the same brand for the wedding band.  I saw no point in it.  We could spend way less and I actually loved it more. 

I guess my point is... try it on together and decide what YOU like and what YOU think you will like at your 50 year wedding anniversary.  :) That's why I love our round solitares, I think they will be timeless and I don't want to "trade up" ever... I'm a sap and a sucker for the sentimental side of it all. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a pic to show of them together since I still have until October to wear my band, but yes, I have a round solitaire with some small side round diamonds...see pic, hard to explain.  I tried on bands that match the small round diamonds in my e-ring, but I didn't like how thin the wedding bands were that "matched" because I know I will want to wear my band alone a lot.  I wanted something more substantial as far as thickness.  So, I chose a channel set band of alternating emerald and princess cut diamonds, and I think they look damn good together.  I attached a pic of the type of band I chose.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards