Snarky Brides
Options

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Options
    Aaaaggghhhh. And it doesn't even fit in the frame! Look at the swirl at the bottom! Aaagggghhhh!

I really hate the emphasis on "bitch". Every time I see something with that, I picture a selfish bridezilla who's soon to be a special snowflake posting on TK.
  • Options
    peachy13 said:
    Glass Bottle Garland

what's happening here.... who are these for....
    Ugh ....like UGH.  I am so full of confuse.  Maybe to bottle Lon-Lon Milk and catch fairies if your health is low? (Zelda)

This was my first thought. Grab the chickens to get the bottle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I really like Pinterest... there, I admit it!

Before getting engaged I regularly looked up ideas for decorating my house, new recipes for dinner, and even great ideas for my classroom. Since getting engaged, I've discovered the darker shadier side of Pinterest... aka the vintage/rustic/shabby-chic/burlap. I just don't understand why you'd want burlap on an otherwise lovely buttercream cake. I mean, really!?!?!

As for the use of chalkboards, I love them and am using some. My reasoning is simple. Both FI and I are teachers and use them all the time. They are a part of our identity, and mean more to us that just being a trend.
    mmm burlap shards in my frosting mmm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

As for the use of chalkboards, I love them and am using some. My reasoning is simple. Both FI and I are teachers and use them all the time. They are a part of our identity, and mean more to us that just being a trend.
    I have found some great house cleaning "recipes" and natural remedies on Pinterest.  I have also found some tasty recipes, too. 
  • Options

I have found some great house cleaning "recipes" and natural remedies on Pinterest.  I have also found some tasty recipes, too. 
    Pinterest is good for some things, that's for sure. However, it makes some really bad idea really popular...ex: burlap

• Options
    I found an excellent recipe for chocolate-chip pumpkin loaf on pinterest.  It's wonderful for recipes!

A lot of beauty short cuts are fake.  One that comes to mind is listerine to remove calluses.  It will only result in smurf feet.  

Here's a fun game to play:

Oh shoot, I was hoping the Listerine one was true...

• Options
    Yesss!!! Wedding Koozies!!! this is just funny because it really has our names on it!
    Should I wait until after the reception to throw out, or just leave it on my table for you to clean up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    peachy13 said:
    Yesss!!! Wedding Koozies!!! this is just funny because it really has our names on it!
    Should I wait until after the reception to throw out, or just leave it on my table for you to clean up.

*Stuck in the box*

Could you please wait until after the reception, so that I think you got it?

I'll make sure to ask for my beer in a coozie when I come over for game night, and watch you fumble to act like it must be in the wash because you use it all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peachy13 said:

*Stuck in the box*

Could you please wait until after the reception, so that I think you got it?

I'll make sure to ask for my beer in a coozie when I come over for game night, and watch you fumble to act like it must be in the wash because you use it all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SMH.

SITDB:

While I would appreciate the thought, I woudn't get much use out of any of those....
    I'd feel bad that someone wasted their money so I could have a tumbler with someone else's name and wedding date on it...

• Options
    I hate the stupid sayings.  
    The wedding favors included drink koozies, which read "To Have & To Hold & To Keep Your Beer Cold." The bride and groom also had their own custom koozies. | Photo by Nichole Burnett Photography
    10 thoughtful and easy tips that will make your guests LOVE your wedding - Angel Garcia #6 would be super cute for your summer wedding!
    Wedding Koozies I Do. Me Too. Let's Party. 125 by RookDesignCo, $144.00"Best Day Ever!"  Wedding Sign on SMP. The bride just posted the tutoral on her blog: http://www.katiejaeger.com/2014/06/06/diy-best-day-ever-sign/ See the wedding on SMP: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2013/12/30/diy-oregon-wedding-at-camp-lane/  Laura Nelson Photography
    Also, like PP mentioned, "Eat, drink, and be married".

And, using stupid props for pictures, such as the "&" symbol:

• Options
    vh2014vh2014 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I have to confess... I ordered the tumblers with lids- FOR THE KIDS. :) We only have 4 5 coming to the reception 4 ring bearers and a toddler from out of town. And they don't have our wedding info on them, they were customizable so they have their names on them and some stickers that I thought each kid would like. So they don't make a mess and spill all over the place. Why would people order these for adults? And coffee mugs? We debated even having coffee (we gave in at $1.95 a person... but geesh... its summer... 5 of FI relatives will want it. Those are 5 expensive cups of coffee... ) Agree with the & symbol. Saw one with the bride and grooms name on a chalk board holding it out... I guess in case they needed to identify who was in their wedding pictures later and that they were the ones in the white dress and tux kissing? Edited: TK ate my paragraphs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I admit that I ordered bags for the bridal party but with their names on them (who wants something with my name lol). I got one at the last wedding I stood in and use it as a lunch bag so there is no mistaking which one is mine in the work fridge.

I'm just going to leave these gems here

imageimage
  • Options
    chevelleE said:

Hahaha.  I don't necessarily agree with all of these "don'ts" because like a few of you have already said, not everyone wants to wear a ball gown and get married in a hotel ballroom, etc. 

Although I absolutely LOVE pinterest, I think it does give you a skewed idea of what your wedding will actually be like.  I pinned tons of dresses that I liked... then realized once I went dress shopping that these were $5,000+ dresses that were never going to happen.

Also, I love hearing about what other girls expect for their future proposals and rings... I was so shocked/excited when he proposed to me I didn't even look at the ring!  What matters is that he is asking you to be his wife, not how many carats he can put on your finger.  (That being said, my ring is antique and gorgeous... he did a really good job!)

* Very tired of seeing the same posed photos.  I'm sure wedding photographers are cursing pinterest.

So with you on the posed photos.... maybe I'm crazy, but I really want my wedding photos to be timeless without a lot of fuss (i.e. no special props, no crazy signs) or the worst.. the bridesmaid pic with the dress tucked in their underwear? what. is. that?!
  • Options
    I made bags for the kids with their initial on it- canvas totes for the FGs and Backpacks for the RBs because I wanted a place for them to keep all their stuff together. :)  It isn't their present though and they cost <$5 to make so if they toss them afterwards I'm fine with it. 

The Here Comes the Bride signs... when I was a kid kids used to sing (to the wedding march) "Here Comes the Bride, All Fat and Wide" and that's all I can think of when I see those signs.  If the music were to play as well I am not sure I could contain my laughter.  I've never been to a wedding that I saw them used thankfully so I haven't had to worry about embarrassing myself with my inside joke.  ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just.....NO!

That is some of the worst Photoshop I've ever seen.

Also, I've seen that shirt on Pinterest, and I despise it.
  • Options
    Confession: FI and I got an ampersand we might use in our engagement photos.
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only one who thinks this flower girl dress is completely inappropriate? I cringe to think what the front looks like.

Side view:

Front:

image It resembles a sexy bridal gown, and that's not okay.
  • Options
    Confession: FI and I got an ampersand we might use in our engagement photos.
    I actually think those are really cute. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks this flower girl dress is completely inappropriate? I cringe to think what the front looks like.

Side view:

Front:

image It resembles a sexy bridal gown, and that's not okay.
    Children's bathing suits have more coverage than that up top.  Not ok. She's a child, not a doll.

• Options

Pin states:

"Propose to Bridesmaids with Ring Pop!  Totally happening!  Pictures are a must for the reception table!"

OMG sooooo adorbz!

• Options
    Also, I just got an email from Michaels with the subject line "Milk Bottles are the new Mason Jars".  Dare I click it?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards