Snarky Brides

Someone invited her rando friend to my bachelorette.

2»

Re: Someone invited her rando friend to my bachelorette.

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Oh, FFS. The party is tomorrow, and I just got this text:
    "Hi! Soooo my friend can't go anymore, do you think I can just ride with you to Rosemont/ i really hate the highway!"

My response; "Of course! But, just so you know, I am going way early to help Billy (host) pick up the drinks, snacks, get checked in and ready at the hotel, etc. You are welcome to come with us, but riding with one of the other girls might be better if you won't be ready to go way in advance"

Her response: "I can come help set up. I also asked one more friend of mine if she can come, since my other friend bailed on me, so she can help set up too... I'm excited to see you!"

NO NO NO. Activate bitch mode.

@MegEn1 I just spoke to the host, and he is now planning on doing this. He is going to text her some alternative, non-highway routes, and then explain that the invitation was only for one person.

• So much GURL BYE to be had with this chick.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    So much GURL BYE to be had with this chick.

I am so done with this. Man of honor, to the rescue!
  • Oh, geez! The other friend is probably thinking "wtf". I always try to look at the silver lining because I am a total Pollyanna, but who knows. You and rando friend could wind up becoming good friends and snark on strange friend together over margaritas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• The only way I can think of what would make this ok is if she had problems. I can't drive at night because of my glaucoma. Maybe she has something like this and is to embarrass to admit it? I doubt it though and I'm sorry!
  • Jesus Christ. It's called a Metra ticket.
  • So how'd it all go, OP?

• Glad to hear it was a blast!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Wow, I've only been to Chicago 5-ish times and I think it's a great city to drive in!

Now Boston, I would have taken a cab :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• while it wouldnt bother me at all if a BM did this (i say the more the merrier lol) i can understand how it would tick others off who have a  super close knit group of friends, happy everything worked out for you though , now lets hope she doesnt do something stupid for the wedding lol. 
  • I'm still just really confused on why a random would even want to go to some strangers bachelorette party....

Happy the party was great!
  • Oh, for crying out loud, yeah.

I mean, 90 sucks, so I'll give her that, but that's why we have Metra, PACE, and the CTA.
    Exactly! Not to mention, there are definitely ways to avoid 90 if you do drive (I usually do, if possible). It's just really bizarre. Especially as she has always stuck me as a very considerate person.
    A bunch of my friends are meeting at our house so FI can drive us all to the L. The thought was no one has to worry about drunk driving (he'll get them home), parallel parking, or dealing with traffic.

Also, in a pinch, that's what cabs are for.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards