Chit Chat

Feeling sad today

Today has been one year since a very good friend of mine and FI's passed away in an automobile accident. We grew up across the road from each other and he was mine and FI's best friend's cousin. He was like a big brother to FI when they played football in high school. This was the first person I was close to that passed away.

I broke down in the car crying yesterday and I keep seeing posts on FB and I can't even think of the words to say. 

I worry about his mom who had to bury her only child. I worry about our best friend who lost his first friend and his cousin. I worry about FI who lost a close friend (that was also one of only 3 times I had seen him cry). I worry about our friend D, who struggles with drug addiction, who was also very close to him and hope this doesn't send him into a binge. I worry about his aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends.

I feel bad to say this, but it is a bittersweet day. Bitter because we all miss B so much and feel he was taken from us too soon. But sweet because we know he is in his eternal home and watching over us. 

There isn't really a point to this post...

Re: Feeling sad today

• Hugs to you and your FI, E!

• I'm really sorry you're going through that.  I have no advice, but here's a virtual hug.  I will keep you and your friend/family in my thoughts and prayers.

• More big hugs to you.  I am so sorry  you lost such a wonderful friend.
  • Sorry for your loss :( Hugs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending hugs!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm sorry that you are sad today! Sending you happy vibes, hugs, and all the wine!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry for your loss, too. 

Do you feel comfortable sending a card to his mom?  I'm sure she'd appreciate the fact that you're thinking of her and her son.

I know it's not much, but I'm so sorry for your loss.  You and FI are in my thoughts.
    Anniversary

• Ohh, honey. *hugs* That first anniversary is the hardest. It doesn't help you today, but I promise it gets easier as time goes on, in a way. 

My best friend died in 2006. That first year was awful, and that first anniversary I actually skipped pretty much my entire life because I was such a wreck. But each year it gets a little easier to take that day and look back on the happy times I had with her, rather than focusing solely on the sad part of having lost her on that day.

I hope that is how it works for you. It's not a fun situation, and my thoughts are going to you and the rest of your friend's loved ones. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Lots of hugs for you and your FI <3
  • (((((Hugs)))))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I'm sorry for your loss, too. 

Do you feel comfortable sending a card to his mom?  I'm sure she'd appreciate the fact that you're thinking of her and her son.
    I sent her one the other day actually! She lives about a mile down the road so I do see her quite often. Thanks for the suggestion.

• hugs

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Ohh, honey. *hugs* That first anniversary is the hardest. It doesn't help you today, but I promise it gets easier as time goes on, in a way. 

My best friend died in 2006. That first year was awful, and that first anniversary I actually skipped pretty much my entire life because I was such a wreck. But each year it gets a little easier to take that day and look back on the happy times I had with her, rather than focusing solely on the sad part of having lost her on that day.

I hope that is how it works for you. It's not a fun situation, and my thoughts are going to you and the rest of your friend's loved ones. 
    Thank you! I think it just hit like a ton of bricks today. I'm sure it will always be sad, but I think with time it will be easier. His mom is my true inspiration. We all know she is hurting but she is the strongest woman we know and I admire her for thsat. 

• I'm so sorry. You get all of the hugs!

• Sorry for your loss and hugs.
  • Y'all are so great, thank you!

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    imageI'm sorry.
  • I'm sorry. Lots of hugs to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards