April 2015 Weddings

Wedding party!

How many and such?

We are having 3 and 3 then our flower girl.

My sister is my MOH, then my cousin and FI's oldest sister as BM.

FI has his best friend throughout childhood as best man, one of his Army buddies as a GM and he hasn't decided the last and no ringbearer yet.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding party!

• We have no ringbearer either. Most likely won't have one at all since I'm not sure who we'd ask (no children in our families, really.)

Our party is huge. I have 9 girls, FI has 7 boys. 2 flowergirls. I have a lot of family and close friends - so I feel lucky - but it's a LOT. It's been really fun, though. Everyone is getting along really well!

Currently just thinking of how to have everyone down the aisle at this point, haha. FI's mom mentioned that the best man usually stands beside the groom, so he doesn't go down the aisle...and FI has 2 BMs. There's plenty of time to think and in the end it doesn't really matter but if anyone has ideas I'd love to hear :)!
  • We have no ringbearer either. Most likely won't have one at all since I'm not sure who we'd ask (no children in our families, really.)

Our party is huge. I have 9 girls, FI has 7 boys. 2 flowergirls. I have a lot of family and close friends - so I feel lucky - but it's a LOT. It's been really fun, though. Everyone is getting along really well!

Currently just thinking of how to have everyone down the aisle at this point, haha. FI's mom mentioned that the best man usually stands beside the groom, so he doesn't go down the aisle...and FI has 2 BMs. There's plenty of time to think and in the end it doesn't really matter but if anyone has ideas I'd love to hear :)!
    I've seen some of the GM walk 2 girls down at the same time, one on each side that might be an idea
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have 3 on each side. No flower girl or ringbearer. I wish we would have only gone with 2. I don't know how you are doing 9. I only have 3 and they don't get along (well 2 of them do). :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hmgiffor I was worried...but 4 are family, who are already close and 5 are close friends who already know each other. The friends I have in my life now are all like-minded, kind people - easy to get along with. I definitely was "friends" with people a few years who might have ended up as BMs had I gotten married then and totally wouldn't of gotten along with each other. I dropped those people after a while. So tired of playing mediator or hearing gossip about another person. Don't need it.

Not sure what your situation is, but that's at least how mine worked out! I'm hoping yours will work out somehow...sometimes weddings bring out the worst in people unfortunately :(
  • We initially started with just 1 each, just because of less fuss, but FI has 2 brothers & then I wanted to add another friend so we're settled at 3 each. No more than that for us! We'll have a ring bearer just because my wedding band is his great grandmothers & his band is the one his parents got married with. I want the rings to have a recognized moment since they're very special. AND because organization runs thick in my crazy - We'll have a flower girl to even things out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just one of each. My BFF is my MOH and FI's brother is his BM.
  • We're having 3 BM and GM and a flower girl and ring bearer. My three sisters are my BM, and FI is having my BIL (sister's H) as his BM, and his cousin and brother as GM. Our flower girl is my niece and our ring bearer is FI's nephew.
  • I'm having a maid and matron of honor. We've known each other since Kindergarten and I couldn't choose between them for the top spot! FI's best man is his former coworker and neighbor who is the reason that we got together. His groomsman is a friend from high school. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is a little crazy. My FI's sister is my MOH (my best friend passed away from cancer 2 yrs ago-she is an honorary MOH), my three oldest nieces are BMs (all will be 16), 4 younger nieces are JBMs, 3 youngest nieces will be flower girls, we will have 3 ring bearers/bible bearer, FI's college friend will be best man, his two brothers and close friend will be GM, my other nephew will be a JGM. There is one more newphew how is getting married next month. He will probably be a GM. Undecided yet only because my SIL says he is pretty easygoing and wouldn't care either way if he is/isn't part of our wedding.
  • I have 4 BMs (including my sister who is my MOH) and FI will have 3 groomsmen. No ringbearer and I'm still undecided about letting my daughter be the flower girl. I wanted her to walk down the aisle with me but I also want my dad to walk me down too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We have 3 & 3 and 3 little girls. We wanted to keep it small to avoid potential drama that arises from having just too many people involved. Sadly I did have to "fire" my fiance's younger sister from being my bridesmaid and replaced her about a month ago. She was causing drama and really started acting as though she was the Bride....couldn't deal with that SO unfortunately she had to go. 
  • FI has 5 guys, I have 6 girls, and 2 ring bearers- FI's nephew and our dog. However, our dog HATES the nephew so this may not work out. I'd rather have our dog stay at home than be in the wedding and get terrorized by the kid. 
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards