Attire & Accessories Forum

Is it possible to get a dress this late

Hi, so I'm most likely getting married in December. I would like to know if it's even remotely possible to get a dress in my size (I'm a 16 dress size) by then? 

Re: Is it possible to get a dress this late

• You might have to pay rush shipping. Or what I would probably do it find a dress you like at a chain store, try it on in store and find it from a used website. Save money & get it faster =win/win. 
  • I was a bridesmaid in two weddings this year - both brides needed plus size dresses - and both had great success buying their dresses later than I was comfortable with! LOL. One got her dress at David's Bridal and the other at Group USA (http://www.camillelavie.com). Good luck!
  • Yes, it is.  David's Bridal can sometimes get the dresses in only a few weeks (I would double check, though) and if you buy an off the rack or used gown you would have it right away.  For example, there is a bridal salon in the GTA that I went to when looking for gowns that only sold off the rack gowns; maybe a store like that would be a good place to look?
  • Try Alfred Angelo, too.
  • Davids bridal, for sure. A few other designers have select dresses that are available in a couple weeks.

These alfred Angelo dresses are ready in about 10 weeks, but often come sooner.
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/easyrush

• You can also look at shops that sell off the rack. They're usually retired sample dresses, but many are in perfect condition. They usually take a few weeks to clean (from the shops I've spoken with) but that's about all. You'll probably want a couple of months for alterations.
  • I bought from David's Bridal, and took it home with me that day.  I'm a 14.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I got my dress same day from The Glamour Closet in Los Angeles. They have have samples in various sizes. Other large cities have similar stores.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Group USA carries Camile LaVie dresses and sells them off the rack. I bought my dress there, and carried it out of the store with me that day.
  • It's definitely possible to get a dress in time, but if it needs extensive alterations, that could be cutting it close. I second the suggestions for David's Bridal and local salons that sell off the rack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Absolutely it is.  The salons I went to had an "As Is" rack.  They arent defective, they are brides that ordered dresses and the wedding fell through or they decided on another dress, so they can't send it back.  All sorts of sizes are in there!

I bought mine off the rack and it's fabulous.  I'm sure you'll find something wonderful :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• off the rack you can even get off the rack at a bridal salon.

since you are a size 16 call around and see what bridal stores carry larger size samples 14s and up in bridal everything is smaller so you might want to look at size 20 dresses ( at davids they run true to size so you would be a 16 possible 18) ask who has off the rack discontinued dresses you can purchase most places do or try a salon that only sells sample sizes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards