Wedding Etiquette Forum

Asking to bring +1

2»

Re: Asking to bring +1

• kmmssg said:
    Girl, do what YOU want. I don't understand why other brides on this site are telling you what you MUST do! Im sorry, I didnt realize that by responding to a post gives you the authority to make the final decision. Also, who is paying for the wedding and all of the MUST invites? You do whats right for you and your fiance and your budget!
    Posts like this, and especially the bold, make me sad as yet another bride seems to not grasp proper etiquette towards her guests.  What really makes me sad is that this is the only post the OP gave a "love it" to.

That’s because it is my wedding and she is correct I can do ultimately what I want. I came for advice not what I have to do based on etiquette that who knows who made up. It is a suggestion board of common etiquette.  There is no absolute etiquette that everyone has to follow. Sorry some of us aren't made of money and can't let everyone invite guests. So for me My budget and what I can afford is more important than etiquette and offending people. If they are offended then don't come to my wedding. I don't understand why you care what responses I liked or not. I’m doing it for my wedding not yours

• Lhilb630Lhilb630 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I am here for suggestions and see what other people who have encountered this problem have done. Just suggestions. Sorry i guess i put this under the wrong board. .  
  • Lhilb630Lhilb630 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014

Yes that is what I said I posted it under the wrong board and I cannot change it now so, I am sorry. And it is not that I am not applying etiquette my question was already answered but people tend to keep making rude comments about stuff that barely applies to my original question. It said if they didn't have SO when invite was sent out then they do not need to be invited. and that is proper etiquette which i am going to follow.  That is all I wanted from posting this question. Thanks now I'll go back to my "all about me" wedding planning. Thanks for judging. Good bye

• Lhilb630 said:
    I am here for suggestions and see what other people who have encountered this problem have done. Just suggestions. Sorry i guess i put this under the wrong board. .  
    Not the wrong board, the wrong website. 
    Regardless of the board you post on TK, those of us who make up TK community largely champion good etiquette and properly hosting guests. 
    We don't believe it in the "it's MY specie day, I'll do whatever I want" mentality, bc it is no longer just our day when you invite guests.

If you want it "Your Way" on your speshul day - elope, don't invite anyone and hit up Burger King afterwards.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Girl, do what YOU want. I don't understand why other brides on this site are telling you what you MUST do! Im sorry, I didnt realize that by responding to a post gives you the authority to make the final decision. Also, who is paying for the wedding and all of the MUST invites? You do whats right for you and your fiance and your budget!
    Um, because this is an Etiquette board and we are trying to give advice that is based on the correct etiquette.

If there was a It's YOUR Day board or a Do Whatever the Fuck You Feel Like board, then I can see where your advice might be helpful.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• edited August 2014
    Lhilb630 said:
    kmmssg said:
    Girl, do what YOU want. I don't understand why other brides on this site are telling you what you MUST do! Im sorry, I didnt realize that by responding to a post gives you the authority to make the final decision. Also, who is paying for the wedding and all of the MUST invites? You do whats right for you and your fiance and your budget!
    Posts like this, and especially the bold, make me sad as yet another bride seems to not grasp proper etiquette towards her guests.  What really makes me sad is that this is the only post the OP gave a "love it" to.

That’s because it is my wedding and she is correct I can do ultimately what I want. I came for advice not what I have to do based on etiquette that who knows who made up. It is a suggestion board of common etiquette.  There is no absolute etiquette that everyone has to follow. Sorry some of us aren't made of money and can't let everyone invite guests. So for me My budget and what I can afford is more important than etiquette and offending people. If they are offended then don't come to my wedding. I don't understand why you care what responses I liked or not. I’m doing it for my wedding not yours

Lhilb630 said:
    Not the wrong board, the wrong website. 
    Regardless of the board you post on TK, those of us who make up TK community largely champion good etiquette and properly hosting guests. 
    We don't believe it in the "it's MY specie day, I'll do whatever I want" mentality, bc it is no longer just our day when you invite guests.

If you want it "Your Way" on your speshul day - elope, don't invite anyone and hit up Burger King afterwards.
    Yeah what the hell board was she looking to post on?  Again, I don't think we have an It's YOUR Day or a Do Whatever the Fuck You Feel like board.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• OP needs to take this to heart.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What I find most interesting about this thread is that most posters were actually on OP's side saying no people can't being random guests like their friend or brother. And SS still flipped out.
    Exactly this. 

Everyone was telling her "no, of course you don't need to invite random twin brother..." but also "if someone is in a relationship, invite the SO. If you don't know for sure, follow up." And then it spiraled into a ridiculous "It's MY wedding and MY special day, so I'll do whatever I want - F you all for taking the time and energy to respond to my question..." Thanks a lot, OP.
    *********************************************************************************

• It isn't your special day, it is your and your will-be husband's special day. And people are coming to celebrate that relationship with you. Since you are asking everyone to spend their time (and probably money) on celebrating your relationship, the least you can do is acknowledge theirs.

If you cannot afford to host SOs on your budget, scale back your plans. Cut back on decor, do your own makeup and nails, skip the limo if you planned one. No one remembers your centerpieces, everyone will remember if you treated them poorly.
  • What I find most interesting about this thread is that most posters were actually on OP's side saying no people can't being random guests like their friend or brother. And SS still flipped out.
    Yep!  We can't ever flipping win!

You can't rationalize with Tay Cray. . .

• jerkyannejerkyanne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

(ETF: forgot a word)

Every time someone says they are being given "unsolicited" advice after starting a thread is:

• That’s because it is my wedding and she is correct I can do ultimately what I want. I came for advice not what I have to do based on etiquette that who knows who made up. It is a suggestion board of common etiquette.  There is no absolute etiquette that everyone has to follow. Sorry some of us aren't made of money and can't let everyone invite guests. So for me My budget and what I can afford is more important than etiquette and offending people. If they are offended then don't come to my wedding. I don't understand why you care what responses I liked or not. I’m doing it for my wedding not yours

This has got to be one of the most offensive things I've ever read. Wow. ETA: effing quote boxes.
  • Lhilb630 said:

Yes that is what I said I posted it under the wrong board and I cannot change it now so, I am sorry. And it is not that I am not applying etiquette my question was already answered but people tend to keep making rude comments about stuff that barely applies to my original question. It said if they didn't have SO when invite was sent out then they do not need to be invited. and that is proper etiquette which i am going to follow.  That is all I wanted from posting this question. Thanks now I'll go back to my "all about me" wedding planning. Thanks for judging. Good bye

There is no "right board" to post this on, as even though this is the only one actually titled "etiquette," all of them are about correct etiquette.  If you only care about yourself and don't care about proper etiquette, then you not only don't belong on this board but in this forum at all.

And sorry to have to tell you this, but when you post here, you automatically open yourself up to being judged, especially if you claim in so many words that you don't care about proper etiquette.
  • Do whatever you want. Who cares if you offend your friends and family? It's not like you have to see them in real.....oh, wait.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards