Georgia-Savannah

Beach wedding on a small budget

Hi. I'm starting to plan a beach wedding for October or November 2015. I'm open to any suggestions for venues, caterers, photographers, DJs....you name it, I need it. We live about 10 hours from Tybee and are not familiar with the area (although we are planning to visit this October).We'll have about 70 people and are on a small budget. Thanks!

Re: Beach wedding on a small budget

• Do you mind if I ask what your budget is? I've had some people say small budget and say $2000 when others say small budget and mean $10,000.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd like to keep it under $7000 but I'm not sure that's possible. I've done some searching but was hoping that someone might know of a vendor that I missed.
  • That's gonna cut it really tight but it can be done. There is a great vendor on Tybee that does all the planning, owns the chairs and all rental and does the flowers. She has low rates because she doesn't up charge for everything. Look up Coastal Creative Events.
    For venues, look into the Old Cafeteria. It's large enough for your party and has a kitchen. It's owned by the city. They also have all the tables and chairs there. Check the city of Tybee website for rates. It's only a few hundred dollars for the whole day. The beach has a permit fee of $25 for a ceremony. You could easily use the cafeteria as a rain back up.
    I'd consider making a play list on an ipod and getting a friend to take care of it instead of a dj. If not, look into Savannah Steve or The Midnight Rocker.
    For photography, look at BluOwl photography or Stacy Martinez Photography.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards