September 2015 Weddings
Options

September is here ladies. One year to go for us 2015 Gals!!!

Can you believe how fast the year is going by?  It's September and we are all getting ready to start our one year countdowns!

September 5th marks mine.  I am going to mention the one year mark to my FH but his response is likely to be "yeah, yeah, yeah".  He is so not into anything wedding related.  Whatever dude.  LOL!

So what's the most recent wedding related item that you tackled?  I visited with a florist/event designer this weekend.  It was a lot of fun.  I took my Mom and my WP.  We have to go back to continue the meetings as he is very detailed and goes over everything in minute detail.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: September is here ladies. One year to go for us 2015 Gals!!!

• Options
    So exciting!!! We've been engaged over 2 and a half years now, so getting to the one year mark is super exciting.... We've had our venue booked since December, and that has been a huge stress reliever to have locked that down, especially since it'll be Labor Day weekend... We've been looking into photographers and djs, so I think that'll be our next big decision. When do most people look into officiants? Should i be using my time to do that instead? This summer was our 9 year anniversary...so I'm just sooooo excited to be this much closer to the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they're finally "allowed" to plan their wedding now? Every time I talked to vendors or to anyone about trying to plan things I got the same "oh you're early, its so far away" response. Now that I'm nearly a year out (Sept 19) I feel like I'm finally justified in wanting to book and plan things. I have the big stuff done already (venue, photographer, dress, some rentals, FI suit, DJ) but I'm excited to start on the details. And flowers! I've been waiting until this Sept so I'll know what kind of flowers are available and I can actually see them in front of me since they'll be in season. I'm excited for flowers lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2014
    @maiorielloam6 - On the timeline my WP made up for me I am supposed to book an officiant in October. @jenbaer16 - I love working with the florist. It's very exciting to see your ideas come together. My florist does mockups for everything in his showroom. I saw my first table this weekend. It was perfect.

• Options
    Wow...I'm amazed by how much so many of you guys have done.  So far, we have a venue and our church booked.  Sending back the contract tomorrow.  I hope to have the photographer booked and engagement photos taken before the end of the year.  Since I have a year, I hope to find sample sales from where I can get my dress.  

Our date is September 19, 2015!
  • Options
    September 19 will be a year out for us.  The only thing we really did was go to look at a venue...which we want, but haven't booked yet.  Oh, we also asked a friend if he could come from Colorado and play guitar for us.  We've been adding ideas on our Pinterest Board, but nothing more.
  • Options
    jenbaer16 said:
    Does anyone else feel like they're finally "allowed" to plan their wedding now? Every time I talked to vendors or to anyone about trying to plan things I got the same "oh you're early, its so far away" response. Now that I'm nearly a year out (Sept 19) I feel like I'm finally justified in wanting to book and plan things. I have the big stuff done already (venue, photographer, dress, some rentals, FI suit, DJ) but I'm excited to start on the details. And flowers! I've been waiting until this Sept so I'll know what kind of flowers are available and I can actually see them in front of me since they'll be in season. I'm excited for flowers lol. 

Omg yes....soooo annoying... Not so much from vendors as from my friends.... Specifically one, but that's a rant for another day...... I'm so excited for you to pick out your flowers!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenbaer16 said:

Omg yes....soooo annoying... Not so much from vendors as from my friends.... Specifically one, but that's a rant for another day...... I'm so excited for you to pick out your flowers!!!!
    Yeah my MOH is like that. I just want her to be excited about it but I get that no one cares about my wedding as much as I do.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

So excited! Today is one year away!! Both of my MOH's and my mom and mother in law all text me this morning! :) Guess everyone's more than a little eager to take a trip to Mexico!

We don't have much to do right now because the wedding planner at the resort pretty much handles everything and I don't think we really start making any decisions until much closer. We have booked, made our deposit and sent out save the dates. I guess the next step will be looking for my dress but I don't think I am going to start until after the holidays, probably January. Let everyone get out of the stress of the holidays first :)

• Options
    @Latillo - Where in Mexico are you getting married?

• Options

We are getting married at the secrets maroma beach in Playa del carmen @island07b2b !

• Options
    @Latillo - Oh that's going to be gorgeous.  I've never been there or Mexico for that matter but I am a big wedding planning buff and I've seen some gorgeous wedding photos of that spot.  Enjoy.  

• Options
    Oh thank you! I love Mexico but I have never been to Playa del carmen so we're excited :)
  • Options
    jenbaer16 said:
    All of my vendors were the opposite.  They asked for the date and they were like wow you're on top of things good job booking early to make sure you get what you want.  When I booked the venue I was told that apparently Sept. 12 is a very popular weekend.  I have one vendor left to finalize and that's tomorrow everything else is done, just have to do my DIY projects.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Same here, I got my dj/photographer/videographer a couple of weeks ago and they told me it's a good thing I booked early as they were already filling up (though I am having my wedding on Labor Day weekend so I'm sure it books right up)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We've been engaged for 2 1/2 years (we had a baby in this time!) and I waited until last month to really start planning anything, apart from the church and reception venue which were booked in March. Just about every vendor I've spoke to though has said that I've left it really late! Oh well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards