September 2014 Weddings

Outdoor wedding and weather

So we are getting married on a beach in northern Ohio (by Put-In-Bay). I have been freaking out about what the weather might be. 
I just checked Accuweather (which has been pretty spot on), and look....86 Degrees and Sunny! Then check out the next day-- cold and rainy. So GLAD I went with a Saturday wedding because I almost did Sunday. :::wipes sweat from forehead:::

Anyone else having an outdoor wedding and worried about the weather?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor wedding and weather

• We are having our ceremony outdoors, on a big stone patio.  In the event of bad weather, they can tent it for us, which is good.  The only thing that will stop the tent is a hurricane, which has been known to hit area in Fall.  We are in the lower HV of NY, so it would be rare, but it does happen, we got walloped by Sandy, Irene and the big September storm was Floyd in 1999.

Of course every bride envisions a gorgeous, sunny, clear day... but as my dad always says, "you can't count on the weather".  So I'm just going with the flow, and hoping for good weather & definitely no hurricane or tropical storm.  The only thing that I would be bummed about if it was rainy/drizzly would be no outdoor photos, because we are getting married on a golf course.
  • I am also getting married on a beach, and I am kind of watching the weather. So far it looks good (sunny and warm) but I do NOT trust a forecast. I'm ready to go with the flow if we get, a worst-case-scenario-scenario.... but I can't even think about that because it's not going to happen ;) ..... we have an indoor location for the ceremony if needed.
  • I'm getting married at a winery with an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour.  I was VERY worried for a while because the weather channel was calling for 86 and thunderstorms all day.  Today things have changed and now we are 82 and party sunny.  I've decided i'm not going breath a sigh of relief untill I actually see with my own eyes that it'll not rain on my wedding day!!
  • @mountain- Gooooood plan. Mine changed to now "72 and light rain". Eh...I guess rain on your wedding day is a good sign, anyway, so oh well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not even having outdoor elements but am still worried about the weather. We really want outdoor pictures.  If it rains, it's going to be sideways rain (it's never anything but sideways rain) and I don't want my dress wet before going down the aisle. (I have to get ready at a hotel two blocks from the venue.)  If it's humid, I'm going to get sweaty and cranky.  I know it's my wedding day and I should be happy, but being uncomfortable makes me a very unpleasant person to be around. 

The point of a September wedding was to have nice weather. It's supposed to be 90 this coming Thursday.  Grrrr! 

• @thisismynickname - EXACTLY! We also chose September with the weather in mind. We wanted a day that wasn't as hot, or as cold and a lower chance of rain. Ummm...err..WRONG. With this crazy weather pattern going on, anything can happen. :/

Fingers crossed for us all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Our ceremony is at FI's church and the reception is in a boutique hotel about 5 minutes away, but I'm still holding out hope for nice weather! I hope the weather cooperates for you all, as well! Right now we they're forecasting 84 degrees and a 60% chance for thunderstorms. Hopefully the storms will hold off until after 4:30 when everyone is inside for the reception and pics and such are all done!
  • We picked September because it "never rains" and our forecast now says 86 (ew) and thunderstorms (double ewwwww) in Central PA. Sending out little prayers for a slightly cloudy day at 72. Our ceremony is outdoors. Scrambling with venue to work something out now.
  • YES! I'm obsessively checking the weather, more so than I'm checking my registries! We are hoping to have all elements of our wedding outside. We picked late Sept. because you get these amazing cool mornings, temperate afternoons and clear evenings. (We are having brunch wedding and then a party at the house after for anyone who isn't sick of us and wants tacos and margaritas!) But we have a good weather plan and way less people RSVP than we thought so anything will work. It'l be fine because we'll be married!!

• The weather was saying 60 and cloudy for the 20th up here in maine. With the day before and after rainy. But it changed and now it's supposed to be 73 and sunny the whole weekend! So excited. We have a gorgeous inside option but I would love to be outside!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards