Honeymoon Discussions

Mini-moon suggestions for Northern California Coast

We have been so focussed on our wedding we haven't planned our honeymoon. All we know is that it needs to be near the beach and within 2 hours drive of San Francisco. What do you suggest? Our Wedding Night will be local. He is much more spartan than me. I want to swim in the ocean or bay. I want housekeeping services. We do not want to pay more than $200/night ( unless there are major honeymoon perks),

Re: Mini-moon suggestions for Northern California Coast

• Monterey/Carmel (but $$$) Bodega Bay, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz/Capitola

I don't know if I could swim in the ocean, pretty cold, even in the summer! 

• Santa Cruz! The drive from SF down Highway 1 is gorgeous, there are a ton of nice, affordable hotels, and the beaches are nice (cold water, but I used to swim in it all the time). Plus, there's the Boardwalk, which is fun for a few hours. If you go in the summer, there are free concerts on the beach on the weekends, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Greenwood Pier Inn in Elk, CA. TINY, funky town by wineries, and overlooking the ocean. The inn is RIGHT on the edge of the cliff that goes down to the ocean. Nice walk down to the beach too.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you! We have wetsuits and were silly enough to swim at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. These are awesome suggestions. I am particularly stoked with specific venues.
  • Pacific Grove, namely Asilomar. It's sort of an unknown gem near Monterey. Get a historic room for the best trip. It's also close to Monterey, Carmel etc for good food and activities. 

www.visitasilomar.com
  • nothing to add... just thanks for the memories of driving down the 1.... beautiful!

definately wanna try Greenwood Pier Inn
  • We are just back and recovering from our Mini-moon. We decided we're going to keep doing them this year. We kept our budget minimal so we could pay for everything in one pay-period. We stayed in a Joie d' Vivre property on our wedding night and took a limo home on our Uber credits. Then we hit the road up & down the coast. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards