Registry and Gift Forum

How many is too many???

I'm sure this question has been asked dozens on times, but, how many different places can you register to? Is there a limit? My friend told me she did 3 (- high, a mid and a low end) I want to give my guests a variety of places, but at the same time, not overwhelm them and make them think we're greedy... So I'm confused about that.... also, My wedding is in maine, are there any other a Maine brides on here that have found places to register besides target, macys, bbb?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many is too many???

• I'm sure this question has been asked dozens on times, but, how many different places can you register to? Is there a limit? My friend told me she did 3 (- high, a mid and a low end) I want to give my guests a variety of places, but at the same time, not overwhelm them and make them think we're greedy... So I'm confused about that.... also, My wedding is in maine, are there any other a Maine brides on here that have found places to register besides target, macys, bbb?

@maiorielloam6 - It would be best to post this question to your local board as well, if you're looking for answers specifically from your area.  As far as number, lots of people have two or three registries, that's not uncommon.  I can't imagine needing more than that, though. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I made two registries. I found that some people absolutely did not shop at certain stores, so two options was a must. Rather than registering at different stores for different budgets, most brides recommend making your registry at each store include low and high end priced items. If I was a guest and found your high end registry first, I might be  nervous to check any of the others. 

As for how many registries, I think over 3 is a little pushy. I would side-eye it as a guest. Each store should have enough items that you would like to make a substantial registry.
  • We had 3--Macy's, Sur la Table, and REI.  We registered for low, mid and high range items at each store.  I can't imagine possibly needing another, we covered all our bases between those three.  (Honestly, we would've been just fine with the first two, but tacked on REI at the end with a few "fun" items; i.e., a tent, sleeping bags that zip together, new rope, etc.)
    Anniversary

• I can't imagine going with more than three registries. I did have a friend who registered at multiple places when he and his wife were getting married though to get all the free stuff you can earn by registering for certain dollar values of some things (like if you register for $x.xx of Calphalon they'll send you a free pan or something). They kept those extra registries hidden though (not searchable on Google) and didn't advertise their existance to anyone. Honestly, it seems like a lot to keep track of and it probably wasn't worth the time they invested.

We registered at three places - Macy's, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma. Those three covered the bases on all of the things we thought we'd like to have.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards