African American Weddings

Re: sunday wedding

• Sunday weddings are best when the Monday following is a holiday. Otherwise, I say nay.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I had a Sunday morning wedding. That said, it was Memorial Day weekend so most people were off the following Monday. I vote yes. It was well worth the savings for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes it would be labor day weekend and they would be off that Monday.
  • I honestly think a wedding Sunday am or at least starting by 12 would be great especially if that next day everyone is off then you can party well into the evening... i say LETS DO IT.. O and SN at least if you start it by 12 or 1 then definitely Nana and Aunt Bert would have been to 7am services and then they can come to the wedding LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• we decided to do Columbus day weekend in bahamas
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I had a Sunday , day wedding. Best decision ever
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • We are doing a small, Sunday afternoon wedding. :)
  • WE'RE HAVING A SUNDAY WEDDING. I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA
  • can ya'll elaborate on why you liked it? more cost effective, and....what else? ;)
  • Sunday on a holiday weekend? Yes, otherwise I would say no. People to church in the morning and want to get home early in the evening.
  • We had a Sunday brunch wedding:

1) Open bar went from 70 per person to 20 per person because we had only brunch drinks (signature, poinsetta, mimosa, bellini)

2)  Food was cheaper because breakfast food costs half as much as chicken beef n fish. It was also easier to accomodate vegetarians, gluten free , etc

3) Most vendors were willing to give me a few hundred off because they were making money at a time not otherwise heavily booked

4) We got to spend the whole weekend with our guests

5) It eliminated those who werent really down for the cause. People who really really want to will be there on thursday, sunday, or tuesday.  

6) I took a nap and still got a wedding night 
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • M1ssJ said:
    We had a Sunday brunch wedding:

1) Open bar went from 70 per person to 20 per person because we had only brunch drinks (signature, poinsetta, mimosa, bellini)

2)  Food was cheaper because breakfast food costs half as much as chicken beef n fish. It was also easier to accomodate vegetarians, gluten free , etc

3) Most vendors were willing to give me a few hundred off because they were making money at a time not otherwise heavily booked

4) We got to spend the whole weekend with our guests

5) It eliminated those who werent really down for the cause. People who really really want to will be there on thursday, sunday, or tuesday.  

6) I took a nap and still got a wedding night 

Ditto all of this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards