Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chatter

Re: Thursday Chatter

• @lmcooper86 -ENGAGEMENT PICTURES!!! Post them or it didn't happen!

@Peaseblossom55 - A food steamer sounds wonderful especially since you can do multiple types of food at once! I feel like that would save a lot of time cooking dinner.

@Ollie08 -I don't know if I'm just now noticing this but I love your new gif on your timeline. It's cracking me up haha.

@minskat30 -I'm sorry your're feeling bleh...I've been feeling like that too lately. I just feel like our money is flying away at all these different things and I can't save enough for us to buy a house next Summer...H says we will be fine but I seriously don't feel like that. It's like constant spending is happening.

• @bookishgiraffes -Thank you, I think he is adorable too lol. I'm obsessed with him.
  • @southernpeach89 it was really cool I set it and cleaned up the kitchen and did some things around the house while it cooked. I won't complain about that.  I love being able to multi-task.

Anniversary

• @swazzle That's one of the reasons I stopped buying the fancy PB. I always managed to get the oil EVERYWHERE, and I got annoyed having to stir it every time. It's so good and so much healthier, but you have to work for it lol

@southernpeach89 PUPPY WITH A BOW TIE!!! He is so freakin' cute. And you're gorgeous!

@livleighton You are so pretty! Love your hair!

@lmcooper86 Ahhh I can't wait to see engagement pics! That's so exciting!

@LaPeanut1018 I love Costco trips. Back when FI and I first started dating and were unemployed just out of college, we went on many a Costco date. The hot dogs and pizza are so good and so cheap. Om nom nom. Have fun tonight!

@peaseblossom55 and @Ollie08 Stuff like this makes me excited to register. Definitely going to look into a steamer for us too. Too cool! 

Today is pretty busy at work. I've been answering emails from yesterday all morning (we worked a half day yesterday as a staff appreciation thing), and I'm also helping out a different department where I previously worked... the two major people in that particular department quit on the same day, so I've been pulled in to help while the company searches for replacements. I haven't worked that job in over a year, so I'm having to retrain myself on a lot of things. It will be an interesting month or two... 

Also, our CRM is still down. There's a huge critical problem that completely hinders any sales, so I'm unable to do the majority of my job. They're hoping to have everything up and running again next week, but until then I feel a little useless at work. 

FI worked until about 9:30 last night, and I think he said he's working late again tonight. I has a sad. Last night I took a bubble bath and read more of 11/22/63, and I guess I'll do more of the same tonight. It's kind of fun one night to have me time, but two nights in a row is a bit much. I think he's taking off early tomorrow though, so it will be nice to see him when I get home from work.

I'm looking forward to this weekend... no plans tomorrow night other than an awkward conversation with a friend about her girlfriend. Saturday FI and I are going to clean the apartment and finish getting everything unpacked, and then we're going out to dinner with his parents to celebrate his dad's 72nd birthday. His dad opted for a really nice steakhouse, so dinner is going to be delicious. On Sunday we have tentative plans to visit our friends at their new house, which is out by a lake. I need to confirm with them today, but I hope we're able to go out there. Should be a lot of fun. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 - It's new! I found it yesterday when I was reading an article online. It cracked me up and I thought it was perfect for my signature! :-)

• @southernpeach89 - My engagement is not valid yet!

@eilis1228 - It's basically taking all of my willpower to not drive over to his office and bang on the windows until he posts them.

Full disclose, I am having a BSC moment about these pictures. I was fine to wait patiently for FOUR WEEKS because he had 17 weddings to photograph, and I know that he will prioritize our wedding pictures next spring over someone else's e.pics, but knowing that we are getting them today or tomorrow has zapped any patience I have left.

@Peaseblossom55 - I feel like that would be one of the best things about it, you can set up dinner to start cooking and then take care of other stuff without having to go back to the kitchen to stir somethnig or turn on another pot or anything like that. I just found out that BBB in Canada sells that model but it's $300. I am going to keep looking, but I am determined to get it now, it sounds awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 wow that is expensive.  Do you have a registry with BBB or will you set one up? It may be a good item to add on, that was how I got mine. 

Anniversary

• I have a relatively cheap steamer.  I think...lol, it was an off registry gift.  I am now going to google to see how expensive it is...ok on amazon it is EITHER $25 or $50 lol.

We haven't used it yet but I am SO excited to steam some shrimp in there. 

@southernpeach89 and @ollie08 I think our generation (the smart ones maybe?) are a little more budget obsessed than the previous generations.  I can't tell you how much I was freaking out because I didn't have a "real" job after buying our house.  I'm feeling better now that I'm going to have a regular income (actually I'm PSYCHED about that part) and H and I are like "yea so we are going to save a set amount each month" etc. We've also talked about how my retirement savings are behind where they should be and how we will overcome that.  It's kinda ridiculous how much we sound like old people, but I know it's for the best :) 

@ollie08 (again) we need to get this g2g happening - serial killers would never go to FPU :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Sigh H just called our cat Darling who has been going outside the litter box just came back from the vet.  She has a broken tooth next week she is going in to get it fixed and will have to be put under.  They also did blood work so we will wait for that to come back and while she is under next week for the tooth she will get an x-ray done to make sure there are no other issues.  Le sigh I hope there are no bigger issues going on with her, may be her going outside the litter box was her way of saying hey something is wrong with me help.

I can't wait to have kids that will talk and tell me what is wrong with them.....

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - Yeah, it's a bit steep. We don't have a BBB registry, since they have mostly the same stuff at The Bay, and there are way more Bay stores in Canada. We've also done a Crate and Barrel registry for some more modern stuff. I don't really want to have 3 registries going, so I may just keep an eye out for sales, or splurge and buy it if we get cash gifts at the wedding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @goldenpenguin yay!!!

@lmcooper86 I can understand not wanting 3 registries.  I am not familar with The Bay but do they have a similar type of steamer you can register for?

Anniversary

• This thread is a savior today.

I'm basically on bed rest, thanks to my kidney deciding it was a good time to get a big ol' infection. My fever keeps spiking really high, last night it hit 103.7, so I think tonight will be another trip to the er unless these antibiotics start working. I'm whining, I apologize. Bed rest sucks, BF is taking care of housework and me after he comes home from 8 hour days in 90° work and I feel so bad.

Stupid kidney.
  • I just ordered a Phillips HF3520 Sunrise Lamp... can not WAIT to try this sucker out. fall/winter just kills me, and I'm already starting to see a difference since summer is ending. anyone ever use one before?
  • @Blue & White‌ I'm hoping it does! I've been on antibiotics since Tuesday, but I think the crazy fever is just making things more sore. I look like the Hunchback of Dutchess County, who also hasn't showered since Tuesday.
  • @megso16 GEEZ get better soon! Honestly, IV antibiotics might be your best bet.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @megso16 oh don't worry, showering is totally overrated :)  PLUS YOU ONLY MISSED ONE DAY, you'll be fine :)  do you have a history of kidney infections?  I don't really know much about them except that my friend who had a kidney transplant has to be hospitalized for them cause ya know, only one kidney...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Swazzle - I have a cat that potties outside the litter box, it's infuriating!!!!!  She poops in the basement corner and pees next to one of the litter boxes in the basement.  Thankfully it's all in the basement, but it's still the grossest thing ever. I have no idea what I'm going to do when FI and I get a new house because she will not be invited to move in with us.  I cannot do an enclosed litterbox with her because my other cat stalked her when she was in the box (part of why I think she avoids the litterbox now); I've tried a litter called 'cat attract' and it didn't work either.

@southerpeach89 - AWWWWW   Maddux is cute

@Imcooper86 - I don't think there are any benefits to being allergic to PB - seriously no reese's cups - oh wait that's a benefit, more reese's cups for me!!!

@Hummingbird125 - Wow, maybe it's time to find a new hair salon?

@LivLeighton - You're so pretty!!

@GoldenPenguin - EXCITING!!!

@Blue - Enjoy your last day!!

-----------------

I've been off all week and I've barely gotten anything done!  I got an oil change and did some laundry and got the floor cleaned of all the Nessie-fur upstairs (I could build an army of Newfoundlands with the fur she leaves behind).  I have SO much clutter that I was hoping to address and I don't think I've ever dusted my house (well that's how my house looks) - I'm not motivated and I'm disappointed in myself for that.

Tomorrow I have my first dress fitting!!!  I'm supposed to meet up with a friend after that, hoping to go to Sephora to pick out a lip color and a wedding fragrance.

WR stuff:  I'm not sure where I've updated and where I haven't.  My parents still are not planning on coming, I feel I need to write them a letter and just let them know how I feel.  It was only $70 to keep them added to my guest list, so I'm keeping them on there so they can make a last minute decision to come.  Our budget for our venue came in lower than I expected so I added more to our photography package (basically I added photography to our Dessert Party).  I talked to MOH, her dress has not arrived yet, hopefully it'll come in soon and she'll just need minor alterations.  FI mentioned he doesn't know what to get me as a wedding gift (he knows I got him something) but there's nothing I want... I did find out Bob Dylan tickets go on sale tomorrow and part of me just wants to tell him about that but I'm not sure I want to go, it's on a work night and if I was picking an 'event' I'd like for it to be something he'd enjoy too.

Anniversary
  • @eilis1228 -Me nights are always fun! I'm having one tonight since H will be working late. I hate it though when he is gone for more than a couple days...it gets lonely fast.

@Blue&White -I'm banking on H's teacher retirement lol. Apparently he can retire at 55 and receive enough to support us both each year after that soooo I already told him that I'm retiring with him no matter what I'm doing lol.

@GoldenPenguin -YAYYAYAYAYAYAY!

@megso16 -I hope you feel better soon!
  • @Dignity100 -An army of Newfoundlands would be amazing lol!
  • @Dignity100 sooooo you're saying there are two extra seats at your wedding possibly...BUT IT'S ON A TUESDAY I HAVE SCHOOL!  Otherwise I'd totally crash :)  Deep down I hope your parents just suck it up and crash, but I just don't feel that happening which is totally lame.

@southernpeach89 I haven't even figured out my teacher benefits yet so I really hope I figure some of that out one of these days.  BUT FOR NOW, I just need to make my classroom awesome and inviting and all those other good things :)  But mainly a sanctuary for learning, cause duh...it's math class
  • @Blue & White I am so excited for you and this new job. Yay!

@megso16 Feel better!

Anniversary

• @GoldenPenguin - YAY!!!

@Peaseblossom55 - The Bay is a Canadian department store, very similar to Macy's. They have one steamer, but it's looks really big and bulky, it's THIS one; I might go look at it in person, but I feel like it would take up a lot of storage space which would be a pain. And the setting options on the one that you got look WAY better!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty :(

@Dignity100 - Yes, all the Reese's cups for you! My sister and I used do a lot of candy trading at Halloween lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @phira I'm starting to think the same thing. This is the first time I've ever had one where they didn't jump right to IV antibiotics. 

@Blue&White hahah, true. but one day when your fever is this high means too much sweat. but, I don't want to try and shower with no one home because I've been super dizzy. Yeah, I do unfortunately. I had my first UTI at a year old and have had lots and kidney infections since. I've got reflux in my left kidney, so my system never fully voids. They're really not fun things at all. If you've ever had a UTI, it's UTI pain (fire crotch, constant urge to pee like you haven't peed in 4 days, etc.) but added on is a constantly throbbing kidney, which basically feels like someone is squeezing your kidney like it owes them money. It's enough to make a nun start swearing. 
  • @megso16 maybe your BF could get you some of the old people waterless shower cleaner stuff :)  It's in the "convalescence" aisle at walgreens, aka the old people aisle.  After my butt surgery (which you may have missed, lol) I had some that I had to clean my butt with after ya know, pooping...?  Anyway, it smells good and supposedly you can use it everywhere even in your hair.  OR if you go to the hospital, they have awesome people there that can help make you less smelly if need be ;)

I hope you get better soon!!  Kidney infections sound like NO FUN - my dad's aunt was a nun, so imagining her swearing is just kinda comical :)  She was awesome (and I was a nun one Halloween with a REAL NUN outfit!) - she was a nun in the Bronx and worked at a hospital.  Yep, she was pretty badass.
  • @Blue&White oh! I should check that out. I'd love to just shower, I'm hoping I can, but if not - game on. Butt surgery sounds terrible! Baby wipes have been my friends hahaha. Oh, that rules! She does sound like a total badass. I'm sufficiently jealous.
  • @blue You and I, together, can RULE THE WORLD OF BUTT ILLNESS.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira you know it!  Butt illnesses are stupid.  But how many other people have had butt surgery?!

• @ollie08 (again) we need to get this g2g happening - serial killers would never go to FPU :)
    lol True story… Also, yes when I'm done getting married and what not, we HAVE to remedy this situation. Also, confession: I was at the beach 2 times this past week. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards