Getting in Shape

HELP. I just had a baby and my wedding is in 100 days!!!

HELP ME!!! What can I do?? Have I completely lost my mind? 
Any tricks and tips?

Re: HELP. I just had a baby and my wedding is in 100 days!!!

• HELP ME!!! What can I do?? Have I completely lost my mind? 
    Any tricks and tips?

SIB:
    You're going to want to put on a nice outfit, do your hair and say some vows to your fiance in front of an officiant.  Done, you'll be married!

Unless you somehow didn't realize you were pregnant until the moment you went into labor, in which case you should call TLC, I imagine you knew that timing between the child's arrival and the wedding.  This is NOT something to stress about.  Exercise, eat healthy, and spend time with your baby.  Everything else will fall into place.
  • kaos16 said:
    HELP ME!!! What can I do?? Have I completely lost my mind? 
    Any tricks and tips?

SIB:
    You're going to want to put on a nice outfit, do your hair and say some vows to your fiance in front of an officiant.  Done, you'll be married!

Unless you somehow didn't realize you were pregnant until the moment you went into labor, in which case you should call TLC, I imagine you knew that timing between the child's arrival and the wedding.  This is NOT something to stress about.  Exercise, eat healthy, and spend time with your baby.  Everything else will fall into place.
    We didn't engaged until a few weeks ago and want to be married by the end of the year. If I already knew we would be getting 7 months after having a baby I probably would have not agreed to the date. lol
  • Use Myfitnesspal to figure out how many calories you need a day in order to reach your goal weight.  Take into consideration that if you work out and log the workouts, your caloric intake will increase to make up for the calories burned during the workout.  Its important to eat those burned calories otherwise your body will store fat.

That being said, in terms of workouts, try walking.  Take the baby out for a walk everyday.  If you have the ability to go to a gym, do that.  There are also plenty of DVDs you can purchase to workout at home.  Pinterest is also a great source of workout ideas and the pins usually show how to do the exercise.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohmrs2014 said:
    Use Myfitnesspal to figure out how many calories you need a day in order to reach your goal weight.  Take into consideration that if you work out and log the workouts, your caloric intake will increase to make up for the calories burned during the workout.  Its important to eat those burned calories otherwise your body will store fat.

That being said, in terms of workouts, try walking.  Take the baby out for a walk everyday.  If you have the ability to go to a gym, do that.  There are also plenty of DVDs you can purchase to workout at home.  Pinterest is also a great source of workout ideas and the pins usually show how to do the exercise.  
    Thank you.
    So I have to eat the increase in calories the app gives me?
  • It will automatically do it for once you plug in your calories burned from the workout.  I have a Polar FT4.  It comes with a heart rate monitor that tells me how many calories I burned during my workout.  I find that to be the most accurate in determining my calories burned.
    Anniversary

• @finallyhismrs I am in myfitness pal.  My username is mpaone24.  
    Anniversary

• edited October 2014
    Eat healthy, lots of fruit, veggies, protein etc. Drink a lot of water and if you are breastfeeding that will automatically take off the baby weight a lot quicker! I would invest in a good jogging stroller and "don't jog yet as I am assuming your baby is under 6 months" but go on brisk walks with your baby, if the stroller accepts the infant car seat "or you can sometimes buy adapters for your specific car seat" your baby will be more supported at their young age. Get into the routine of taking a walk everyday that way you are working out and still able to fit it into your day while caring for your little one. There are also many mommy and baby workout classes at local gyms and community centers you could look into. My soon to be sister -in -law swears breastfeeding and walking are the best ways to loose the baby weight!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Eat healthy, lots of fruit, veggies, protein etc. Drink a lot of water and if you are breastfeeding that will automatically take off the baby weight a lot quicker! I would invest in a good jogging stroller and "don't jog yet as I am assuming your baby is under 6 months" but go on brisk walks with your baby, if the stroller accepts the infant car seat "or you can sometimes buy adapters for your specific car seat" your baby will be more supported at their young age. Get into the routine of taking a walk everyday that way you are working out and still able to fit it into your day while caring for your little one. There are also many mommy and baby workout classes at local gyms and community centers you could look into. My soon to be sister -in -law swears breastfeeding and walking are the best ways to loose the baby weight!

Breastfeeding is NOT a quick fix to loosing weight. It might help some women, some of the time. But it also causes a lot of women to retain water and bloat, so dont count on breast feeding alone.

Honestly, I wouldnt expect to get your pre baby body back in 100 days. It is just not realistic. Have you been cleared by your doctor to workout? Eat small, healthy (fruit and veggie heavy) meals several times a day. And drink a ton of water.

It takes 9 months to put all the weight on and it takes 9 months to take it off. Any other mindset is setting yourself up for failure.

Buy a beautiful dress, get your hair done and get married. Dont worry about anything else.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with @Katwag!  I just had a baby 120 days ago, and I'm just starting to fit into SOME of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  ALSO, I had to prep a house for sale, am breastfeeding, and my daughter has food allergies so I have to keep to a strict diet. That being said, I still eat anything in site that my daughter is NOT allergic to.  Breastfeeding is demanding and tiring! Worry more about spending these first 100 days with your LO.  You'll be happy you did :-)

• Sorry sweetie, but it's usually a long process. It took you 9 months to gain all the weight, it needs to come off slow. Also if you are breastfeeding you need to take in a little more calories. Whatever you do, don't decrease your cal intake, that may hurt your supply, loosing too much weight too soon can hurt your supply. BF made me really hungry, which is also normal. Just take it day by day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards