Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Waxing: Armpits?

I am still on the fence about getting a brazilian/ bikini wax; but I am also seriously considering if I want to get my armpits waxed.  I HAVE heard that your armpits are the most painful, but what have people's personal results been?  Do you wait the same amount of time to get your armpits waxed as your bikini area?

Thanks for the advice.. I waxing comes  up a lot on this board.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Waxing: Armpits?

• I don't know about the armpits, but since you said you're on the fence about the other waxing... I did just go for my first waxing ever and I did the Brazilian.  While it was definitely painful, it only lasted for as long as she ripped the pieces off.  She told me when to breathe deep when it was going to be a really painful one.  It was so fast and she talked the whole time to distract me.  I had no pain afterwards.  I may just become addicted to waxing if it weren't for the cost involved.  I went to a European Wax Center.  First one was half off for the Brazilian (I think if you do bikini the first one is free).

I did think about the armpits, mine seem to grow within seconds of shaving.  But it does seem like it would be rather painful there.

• I get my armpits waxed at a European Wax Center every two weeks and I absolutely love it. It grows in slower and finer. If you can last the growing it out process for 2 to 3 weeks, its well worth it. The pain is no wear near as terrible as a Brazilian just because two strips its over. Less than 5 min for both arms. Just make sure you get a bunch of sessions before the wedding to get used to it. AND after the first time, Brazilians get easier too!
  • Do it!!  I think initially it stings MORE than the bikini area, but it goes away quickly and it's a really small area.  The second time, i didn't even flinch :)
  • I use an epil lady electric "shaver" that is essentially a personal waxing device minus the wax. It was very painful at first, but now barely hurts at all. Its much cheaper and I can touch up at any time.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I used to get both waxed regularly and a Brazilian was definitely more painful for me. Armpits were no big deal - quick and easy.
    *********************************************************************************

• I used to wax regularly, then I moved and haven't found a place to go. Brazilian was worse than armpits but the Brazilian didn't bother me much either.  Everyone reacts differently.

@photokitty, do you mind sharing which epilady you use? I've been considering that and I'd love a recommendation 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE having my armpits waxed!!  Seriously, it is amazing.  It doesn't hurt - I mean, it does a little, but it's not bad and it is so worth it.  And it lasts a long time, and your hair grows in slow and seems to be more fine.  I love it because my underarms "look" smooth for a long time afterwards -- you know how you always have that faint shadow because the unshaven hair is just underneath the skin, waiting to grow in?  Yeah, none of that.  Do it.  Totally worth it.  European Wax Center, if it is your first visit, it is free!!!
  • I used to wax regularly, then I moved and haven't found a place to go. Brazilian was worse than armpits but the Brazilian didn't bother me much either.  Everyone reacts differently.

@photokitty, do you mind sharing which epilady you use? I've been considering that and I'd love a recommendation 
    Yeah, me too!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Yeah, me too!
    Sorry just saw this...I check when I get home and let you know. It's older, but I haven't felt the need to buy a newer model since it still works. 

TMI ALERT --- I don't use it on my legs, never could get used to that pain. But armpits feel like a little pinch now. I use it on the outer bikini line, nothing too close or personal. If I have a glass of wine first and hold the skin taunt, it's not bad either :-p

Yeah, me too!

Sorry just saw this...I check when I get home and let you know. It's older, but I haven't felt the need to buy a newer model since it still works. 

TMI ALERT --- I don't use it on my legs, never could get used to that pain. But armpits feel like a little pinch now. I use it on the outer bikini line, nothing too close or personal. If I have a glass of wine first and hold the skin taunt, it's not bad either :-p

So mine is a Braun silk epil xelle. It is corded, personally I think rechargeable thighs don't have as much power. They aren't cheap, but mine is more than 5years old, so we'll worth the money. I wouldn't use it wet, I don't think the hair would grip as well. Only use on clean skin, I forgot and used it after applying deodorant and it took forever to clean it.

• I'm getting my underarms waxed for the first time this weekend.  Question: How long do you usually "grow out" your hair before getting waxed?  I know everyone is different, but I'm just curious.  I haven't shaved for over a week and I'm starting to get itchy/uncomfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards