• Options
    Kerigirl9 said:
    Me
    Hair trial and day of style - $200
    Trial botox (to make sure I didn't look ridiculous) - $199
    Botox for wedding - $199
    Teeth whitening - $150
    Makeup trial - $50
    Makeup purchased after I decided I wanted to do my own makeup instead - $200
    Haircut, color and partial foils - $120
    Gel mani and pedi - $65
    Total damage - $1,183

FI
    Haircut - $15

Sheesh
    Guess you'll look a lot better than he!
  • Options
    Kerigirl9 said:
    Me
    Botox for wedding - $199
    Teeth whitening - $150
    Makeup trial - $50
    Gel mani and pedi - $65
    Total damage - $1,183

FI
    Haircut - $15

Sheesh
    Hey, we are date twins!  Botox?? Really?  I'd be terrified.  And you're gonna be so pretty!
  • Options
    You do realize that all of that is optional right?  

Do you really need teeth whitening?  Why not just buy a box of those crest strips, they work great.

And botox?  Is that really a necessity?

You are choosing to do all of these things while your H is choosing not to do excessive grooming.  It is lopsided by choice.

• Options
    It's always lopsided!!!

I have hundreds of dollars worth of product, lotions, masks, make up, etc. and DH has a toothbrush, razor, and deodorant. LOL

• Options

Do you really need teeth whitening?  Why not just buy a box of those crest strips, they work great.

You are choosing to do all of these things while your H is choosing not to do excessive grooming.  It is lopsided by choice.
    Yes, I'm fully aware that it's all optional. Just trying to commiserate with my fellow brides to be.

I'm older than your average bride around here so yes, to feel my absolute best I am getting botox on my forehead as it resembles one of those dogs with the scrunched up faces without it and the crest white strips don't work on my teeth so I needed to go the extra mile, 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kerigirl9 said:
    Me
    Botox for wedding - $199
    Teeth whitening - $150
    Makeup trial - $50
    Gel mani and pedi - $65
    Total damage - $1,183

FI
    Haircut - $15

Sheesh
    Hey, we are date twins!  Botox?? Really?  I'd be terrified.  And you're gonna be so pretty!

Hi date twin!!! 3 weeks from tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kerigirl9 said:

Yes, I'm fully aware that it's all optional. Just trying to commiserate with my fellow brides to be.

I'm older than your average bride around here so yes, to feel my absolute best I am getting botox on my forehead as it resembles one of those dogs with the scrunched up faces without it and the crest white strips don't work on my teeth so I needed to go the extra mile, 
    Sorry, but I wasn't upset that I had to spend more then H in regards to beauty and such for our wedding.  Me spending more on my hair and face and such is pretty much a normal thing because that is just the way it is.

Honestly, unless you typically get botox on a regular basis I really don't get getting it solely for your wedding.

• Options
    Kerigirl9 said:

Sorry, but I wasn't upset that I had to spend more then H in regards to beauty and such for our wedding.  Me spending more on my hair and face and such is pretty much a normal thing because that is just the way it is.

Honestly, unless you typically get botox on a regular basis I really don't get getting it solely for your wedding.
    No need to be sorry. You're entitled to your opinion.

And I'm not upset... just sharing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    My damage is rather high as well. And if I weren't trying to get pregnant now and saving to buy a house all at the same time, I might have splurged on Botox for my forehead as well, which has been a wrinkly mess since my early 20's...and I am an older bride as well. It's all optional. If we wanted to we could get married naked. For many we just see it as an opportunity to splurge on things we normally wouldn't. I enjoyed purchasing higher end makeup for my wedding day look. I already had a Botox pact to do it at 40 with some friends, this would have just pushed it up a year. I doubt Botox is in my future at this point but to each their own.
  • Options
    Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Yes, as a first-time bride in my mid-40s I find that my perspective is different than most. :)

Won't be getting married naked though... dress too pretty! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards