Favors

XP: What is the best candy to use for a candy bar?

I posted this question in with another question of mine under the reception board and thought maybe I could receive a couple answers here. When I asked this question, I came across a members dumdum topiary and found more pinterest ideas as well, so I know I will be doing one of those.

Thus, what do most people find is the best candy to use for a candy bar?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: What is the best candy to use for a candy bar?

• Individually wrapped.
    • Generally avoid overly chewy (like caramels or sticky gummy candy - many people aren't fans due to it getting stuck in teeth or having lots of dental work done - softer versions of these that aren't so sticky are ok though).
    • Hard candy isn't going to be that popular in general, though sometimes if there is a nostalgia or more unique factor to it (like strawberry bonbons yes, jolly ranchers no).

Personally, I think nostalgic items work best - things that were popular when you or your parents were kids and things that you aren't going to find at the average corner gas station.

• individually wrapped things for sure!  If they're not individually wrapped (for example, a huge bowl of m&ms) make sure you have a scoop of some kind so people aren't digging hand around in the candy.  
  • Definitely things that are individually wrapped. If I were you, I would try to have a variety of different sorts and flavors of candies. Chocolate bars in a small shape, gummy, etc., etc.

What about having yours and FIs favorite candies? Is there a specialty candy in your area?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Well I'm from Ohio. Columbus area. There's the Anthony Thomas Candy Company in my area. I'm big on anything chocolate and peanut butter. FI is more of the health nut.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See's candy. Best, freshest, awesome delivery, awesome quality. Also, awesome. Huge fan.
  • Oh, do you mean a bar loaded with different candy, or a singular candy bar?
    Still See's. Go quality over quantity. 
  • edited September 2014
    Well I'm from Ohio. Columbus area. There's the Anthony Thomas Candy Company in my area. I'm big on anything chocolate and peanut butter. FI is more of the health nut.
    Too bad Bulk Barn is only in Canada. I'm looking into getting candy in bulk from here: http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/index.html. It looks like the posters above have given some awesome advice about similar places closer to you.

Peanut butter can be great, but make sure none of your guests or +1s are allergic. I have a friend with a horrible peanut allergy - just being in the same room with peanut butter has caused her to have a reaction.

Overall, you can't go wrong with chocolate anything, but have a non-chocolaty option for those guests who don't like chocolate. I can't believe such people exist, hehe! :)

Jelly beans look really pretty in a candy bar (if you're doing a selection of candies) since it's easy to compliment your wedding colors. I love the pastel ones (not sure if that matches your wedding colors at all). They not only photograph well, but are also delicious!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards