Not Engaged Yet

Ugh Facebook

speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

So I was going to include this on Monday Chatter but figured this deserved a new thread.

I was on facebook looking at photos that family has shared from my sister's wedding and I saw two posts on my newsfeed that I just have to share:

1. Girl-A was planning her wedding and then got pregnant so had a small wedding a few months ago. Had a PPD over the weekend. And had about 20 statuses referring to finally having her perfect day.

2. Girl-B posted a status and tagged about 30 people and said - out of state people this is when my wedding is... if you want to come let me know...

For some reason TK is hating me and not letting me put up images, so will someone please provide to perfect reaction gif :) because I have no words...

Re: Ugh Facebook

• Sounds like  a fun time on your FB feed. As far as pictures - are you selecting the photo url?image

• Yay it's fixed! And now for my reaction:image

LaPeanut1018 -- the entire edit toolbar was missing. Who knows what I did to make that happen. 

bethsmiles - I don't know which part of that is worse: the people requesting everyone they ever met's address or the people who share their address in a public forum.  I have never seen the address requests but I have seen the "I got a new phone and lost all my contacts so send me your number" requests.  It really amazes me how many people are willing to put their phone number (or address) on a public forum. 
  • @speakeasy14 - It's amazing how much personal information people are willing to put on Facebook! I'm totally paranoid (from years of watching way too much Law & Order) and I'm fairly certain if I put my address on Facebook I would be murdered in my sleep!

Because ducks are cute, even when shaking their heads no :)

Also, I have probably 20 engaged/recently married friends on Facebook, and all of their statuses for the past few months have been about wedding planning. 

"Off to go dress shopping for my engagement pictures!"
    Next status a day later: "Just booked our venue!"
    Next one: "Just booked our photographer!"
    Next: "Just found my wedding dress!"
    ....and so on. I am just like: 

And want to do this to them (haven't decided about wearing the panda costume yet though haha) until they are not so wedding obsessed anymore: 

• @bethsmiles I know! It doesn't help that almost all of them do it, so literally every time I log in to Facebook (almost daily), I see at least 2-3 wedding related statuses. I am going to hold myself to 2-3 statuses only during the course of wedding planning, and it will probably be "We're engaged" and something about the wedding on the wedding day. That's it. 

Disclaimer: Not trying to sound BSC here; BF will most likely ask me in the next 10 months since he wants a house in that time frame, and my condition is that we have to be at least engaged (and he is well aware of that). I have been making mental notes of what not to do when the time comes as a result. 

• @AuroraRose41 - Don't worry, you don't sound BSC! I've had the same thoughts! I feel like a "We're engaged post!" and a "Yay! It's my wedding day!" post with maybe one or two others randomly thrown in between there somewhere are more than enough.

• @AuroraRose41 That's why I post next to nothing about my wedding on FB. Nobody cares about my wedding as much as I do, I don't want to create awkward situations with people who won't be invited, and I don't want the people who are invited to be sick of my wedding before they even get there... I had a cousin get married over the summer, and at one point she had a daily countdown and hashtags. I learned a lot from her about what not to post on FB...

and you do not sound BSC at all! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 and @bethsmiles thanks guys! You are the type of brides that I wish I was friends with (on Facebook of course!), and exactly why I am making mental notes for what not to do :)

• All I've posted so far on FB was a "we're engaged" status. Might do something on the wedding day, might not. My Facebook wall is sad - it's updates from my local NWS office, knitting jokes, and reposts from George Takei.
  • Instead of having them leave the info out there for everybody to see......they could have send me a private message or call me so I can . I will be in a similar boat when my boyfriend asks (and I know the ring is coming because he has asked what I like and and dont like) but I have friends and family on facebook that live State and out of State that I will need their addresses, but I will not be asking them to put that stuff for the world to see. 
  • AuroraRose41 not BSC at all! That's exciting! 

I keep debating if I should write a book about all the things not to do when you get married.  If I do, there will be a whole chapter on Facebook. 
  • @speakeasy14 Someone's already beaten you to the punch. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards