Chit Chat
Options

Crying spinoff- did you cry when you were proposed to?

2»

Re: Crying spinoff- did you cry when you were proposed to?

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    @JCbride2015‌ He was. He had already moved from VA to TX to move in with me, we had discussed marriage and had been shopping for rings for months, and I was having a hard time finding "the one." He got tired of waiting on me to find a ring so that we could be "officially engaged." Haha!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @wrigleyville Same here!! First words out of my mouth were "are you serious?!" and then "no, really, are you serious?!" We had definitely talked about it and I knew it was coming in the next 6-12 months but didn't expect it right at that moment at all so it totally took me by surprise. 

• Options
    No, I was misty eyed though.  He did tear up.
  • Options
    I cried like a baby.  He totally caught me off guard while we were on vacation in Mexico.  I don't even remember what he said to me, or even saying the words, "Will you marry me?" I don't even remember saying yes! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I read the title of this three times as, "Did you cry when you were SUPPOSED to?"--and I was very confused. :)

I didn't cry until later that evening. I was somewhat in shock (it was a surprise--I thought it might be coming, but didn't know for sure) and just incredibly happy. We were hiking, got to the top of the trail and sat down for a minute. He pulled out a letter he wanted to read to me, and started reading a LONG Bible passage. It was incredibly sweet, and I thought I knew where he was going, but I wasn't positive, so my mind was totally going in circles. I'm glad he wrote it out, because I heard very few of his words until he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. :)
  • Options
    Cried my little eys out. The pictures are pretty bad.
  • Options
    Once he grabbed my hands and started talking about us, I knew what was coming. It was the ugliest cry EVER. Then, I saw the ring. I just bawled because it was more than I could have ever imagined. Thankfully, this all happened on our back covered patio, so noone saw it!

• Options

Once he grabbed my hands and started talking about us, I knew what was coming. It was the ugliest cry EVER. Then, I saw the ring. I just bawled because it was more than I could have ever imagined. Thankfully, this all happened on our back covered patio, so noone saw it!

Same! We were alone at home.

Prior to this, my fantasy proposal was in a restaurant, complete with all the patrons cheering and congratulating us. I'm REALLY happy that I didn't have the pleasure if grossly embarrassing myself in public! One if the comforting things Fi says when I'm emotional is "it's just us, it's ok." And he said that a LOT that night in response to my apologies for my emotional state! :D
  • Options
    I didn't cry because I had this gnawing feeling that he would propose that night and he did! I was all smiles though. Plus we were on a romantic cruise-dinner and he just whispered in my ear, no ring or anything. There were people around and I wouldn't want to cry then. He proposed exactly how I had pictured it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bawled!! We joke that I didn't actually say yes because all I could do was cover my mouth and nod! I had a feeling it was coming that weekend and he still caught me by surprise. It was a long time coming and a very surreal experience. We went out for dinner afterwards and I couldn't believe it. I alternated between staring at my ring, giving him a goofy smile, and kissing him all night. I still can't quite believe I get to marry him! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't cry. I'm not a morning person and he woke up very early by shoving a box in my face. He never actually asked "will you marry me" or whatever, so I didn't even realize he actually proposed. I thought he was just showing me what he purchased and planned on proposing with at a future time. So I just rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

I'm such a dick.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I was actually in such shock that I didn't cry until about an hour later when we called my parents. 
  • Options
    I cried like a fool! We were outside on a little bridge over a river. It was 20° out and snowing. Thankfully because of the storm, there was nobody else around. (It's a Christmas-themed town, and it was December 14th, so it normally would have been a madhouse.) My tears froze to my face!

• Options
    Nope.  I was too busy standing there with my jaw on the floor in complete shock.

I did tear up a bit when I called my girlfriend though.

• Options
    Nope.

We ordered it online. His idea of a proposal was deciding when to open the box. It took a few months. He also did it when we were both exhausted after his family's long, late Christmas Eve celebration knowing that we had to get up early the next morning for our family's Christmas. He tossed me the box to open then we fell asleep.

Not at all romantic but happy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I ran away from FI when he proposed....

At least it was just into another room of our apartment. Then I came back after the shock wore off (he was still on his knee!) and started bawling like a baby. When I said yes FI stood up and hugged me and said, "I love you so much you crazy, crazy woman". Haha!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nope. I don't cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm pissed. I screamed instead, I was like in so much shock :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Yes I cried.  I just couldn't believe it was finally happening and it was my dream ring too!

Anniversary

• Options

Totally cried. He knew I would. No surprise there.

What's funny is that he proposed in private (my family was in the house) and when we told the rest of the family, my mom wanted a reenactment for photos and I cried during that too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    I surprisingly didn't. I cry over everything lol I think I think I was too shocked to cry. I did ask him if he was serious, which is now a joking point every time we tell someone the story. But in my defense I never expected an actual proposal. He is not romantic at all and we've been together so long I figured when the time came he'd just say ok lets go get rings.
    Instead he surprised me and proposed in the kitchen of our new house the day we bought it
  • Options
    I cry a lot during movies, TV shows, and books but in real life, I don't very often. Like I have to be really mad, tired, sad, or EXTREMELY happy before I cry. 

When FI proposed I was in shock I just looked at him and was like, "Really?" And he said yeah and hugged me. I was speechless and it took a few minutes to soak in. then I did cry because I was so happy and overwhelmed with joy. FI says that's the only time I haven't had something to say. 

I'm also really glad it was private. We walked down to the bridge over the creek at his parents' house because we always go on walks down there. It was perfect and intimate. 

• Options
    I honestly don't remember.  DH proposed on a Ferris Wheel (the kind with closed capsules) at the Houston Rodeo carnival after seeing Kid Rock.  I'm not sure where he hid the ring box inside those tight jeans....

I was looking out over the carnival and when I turned around, he was down on one knee.  I remember he said my whole name (all four names), just because he was very proud he remembered them all.

That's it - that's all I remember.  It was delightful and happy and I'm sure I cried but I can't say for certain.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Didn't cry. I was in complete shock and had not expected it at all. I think by the time my brain caught up to what was happening the 'cry' part had passed. I do get all misty eyed when I picture us looking at each other as I walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    Yes, a bit.  He's softened up my hard edges over the almost 2 years we've been together.  LOL 

• Options
    I didn't cry-  mostly because I was in COMPLETE shock. I knew it was coming - we talked about it a lot, went shopping for rings, etc- but it took him awhile to actually DO IT.

I was visiting my parents in Florida and he flew from New York to just show up at their house unannounced, holding a ring. I was literally speechless.

I also (oddly) didn't shed a single tear at our wedding, although he cried the entire time,
  • Options
    Nope, partly because we'd gone ring shopping together so it wasn't a complete surprise, and partly because I'm fairly stoic. My mom calls it the "British stiff upper lip." I think my stoicness comes and goes with hormones though. If I'd been PMS-ing when he proposed I probably would have cried. I get weepy randomly and inconsistently (some weddings and not others, some sappy movies and not others...)

• Options
    I asked if he was fucking kidding.

Then laughed, cried, cry-laughed. Did a happy dance, cried more.

Put the ring on the wrong finger.  Switched it.  Laugh cried more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards