May 2015 Weddings

the dress post

13»

Re: the dress post

• ChloeEscChloeEsc member
    First Comment
    edited August 2014
    My favourite silhouettes are definately mermaids or trumpets, and my favourite neckline is a sweetheart

my wedding gown is being designed by Parisian couture designer Nabil Hayari. After taking a look at his showroom masterpieces and latest collection for 2015, i'm excited for him to work his magic on me.

Right now i've only got sketches of my gown, but i'll post some pictures after my first fitting :D
  • Wow!! So many gorgeous dresses in this thread. I went in with the intention of purchasing an a-line, but seemed to get lost in it! I thought it was suppose to flatter virtually all figures, but didn't work for me. Here's what I said yes to!!

• MrsKatieBrownMrsKatieBrown member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I found my dress at Angel Bridal in Islip in February and it should be in this month! It is from their custom line so I don't have a photo of it yet. I'll share a photo when my dress comes in :)

It is an ivory all lace A-line gown with a sweetheart neckline. It also has a corset - which I never thought I would like! I knew I wanted lace from the very beginning and wanted to try on all different silhouettes to figure out what was the most flattering on me. The dress is strapless, but I am planning on having straps added or wearing a bolero.

My aunt is making me a belt similar to this one from fabrics & jewelry that belonged to my grandmothers:

• AmanTrav0106AmanTrav0106 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I'm in love with lace....This is my #1 By Mori Lee
  • Love Maggie Sottero!
  • BrianaJane  That dress is gorgeous!!!
  • edited August 2014
    Deleted because pictures were sideways--see new comment below.

• OK, I"m not sure what happened to my last comment, but the pictures ended up sideways.  I thought I wanted a fitted, drop-waist gown with some bling and a fun skirt.  What I ended up with is below. It's from Impression Bridal.  I LOVE the shape, and the train, and the fact that it's taffeta.  The picture from behind shows the lace jacket that I bought so my shoulders will be covered for the ceremony.

And I really, really, really love my veil.  I also have a blusher that I'll wear for the ceremony.

imageimage
  • edited August 2014
    Sadly I didn't get too many good photos of me in the dress! But here are the ones I have.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the start of this thread :-[.
    Color: Ivory
    Silhouette: Ballgown
    Waist: Natural
    Neckline: Sweetheart with illusion lace (because of the jacket)
    Fabric: Mostly lace with tulle on the bottom.
    Extra details: EXACTLY what I was looking for!

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • BrianaJane your dress is fabulous! So unique!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • MrsKatieBrownMrsKatieBrown member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    stephisawes0me!

Here is mine. I am adding lace straps & swapping out the bling on the belt for colorful fabric flowers (Posted above). Shortly after I chose my dress I started worrying that I had settled on it because I was getting tired of shopping. But now that I revisited it and was able to see what it looks like in my size I feel so happy with my decision. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I got my dress from Angel Bridals on Long Island. It is from their private label and is the softest, most comfortable lace ever :)

• I love all of these dresses
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not a conventional girl, and so I bought my dress a couple months before we got engaged because there was a clearance sale. I just picked one out online, took my measurements, and ordered it. It fits, was super inexpensive, and will satisfy our mothers, so it works for me. I kinda wish there had been more options in my size in the sale, because the one I went with is a little ballerina-princess for my taste, but at the end of the day I'd rather spend the money on other stuff than a dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @amelisha wow that's beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • Haven't found anything yet but have just gone once so far - though looked online a lot.  I really don't want to spend much so having trouble in that department.  Hoping to find something later this fall as maybe places will have closeout type sales? (fingers crossed, haha)
  • I picked up MY ACTUAL dress last week! I was so excited to get it, because even though I've tried on the dress a few times, this one was MINE. It fits wonderfully, I feel beautiful in it, and it's IN MY CLOSET!! 

I'm wearing one of my bridesmaids belts as my something borrowed, so it looks kind of plain here, but the belt kicks it up a notch. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards