Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chatter

Good morning! I am unreasonably tired today. I was in bed before 10 last night! I think it's because it's SO dark in the morning now. I don't like it! 

There were two other offers on "the house" yesterday. I was so sad when our real estate called and told me. We submitted our 'best and final offer' this morning and the others have the chance to do that today before 5pm and then from there, the seller will make a decision. I feel good about our offer either way, whether he accepts it or he goes with one of the others. We love the house but if it doesn't work out then I guess that means there's something better out there for us. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard. I'm glad that we don't have to wait long for a decision at least. 

Is anyone else looking forward to the Apple event today? I'm excited for a new phone, I'm due for an upgrade on the 18th so I'll most likely be getting whatever is unveiled today. 

Re: Tuesday Chatter

• Today I am off from work due to primary elections. Eventually I will leave the house and vote. I either want to clean/scrub down the house, go to a dress shop, or get ahead on paperwork. Hopefully, I can accomplish one of these today and not be too lazy. 

@swazzle- That's good that you will hear back soon from the realtor. If it doesn't work out, it's so true that another house is out there meant for you guys!
  • @Swazzle - we ordered a Phillips HF3520 to try and help with the sads and feeling tired during the darker months.  it should get in tonight, I really hope it works... even just a little bit!!

I hope you hear good news about the house today.

we had trouble getting out of bed this morning, but thankfully HB'ed some eggs last night so I just packed us a bistro box for breakfast. 

I brought apple cake to work today, heaven help me....  SNACK!!

I have a 4S so I'm way due for an upgrade.  last night H put a new battery in my phone because I had to charge it 3-4x a day.  I might get a 5c after the unveiling, but I also want to see if what they are going have is worth buying...  I've heard it'll be a big sticker shock, so I'll probably go with the 5c.  I don't use all the fancy capabilities on the iPhones, so I don't really need the super techy ones.

• @Swazzle - You already know that all of my parts are crossed for you house! If this one doesn't work out, I'm sure something else will soon though!

I'm in a fantastic mood today. I felt like it was summer before we went upstate for the weekend, and now that we're back I feel like it's fall. It's been cool at night and in the mornings, and I'm LOVING it. I'm hoping for a loooong autumn and not too much snow this winter!

Last night I made some delicious tomato soup for dinner, and theres a ton of it left, so FI and I will probably have more of that tonight. I'm also going to go to the gym right after work and keep up this exercise streak I have going. After that, I have a night full of reality-TV - I have to watch the season finale of Bachelor in Paradise because I missed it last night (DON'T JUDGE!!) and Big Brother. I also have to make an appointment to get my makeup done at Sephora before our E-pictures on the 20th.

I ordered this dress for E-pics yesterday, and I'm really hoping it comes in time and fits right!
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bookmaking-brunch-dress-in-black

I'm going to have a busy day at work today, but I'm going to try to keep my good mood going by listening to music and enjoying some pumpkin coffee. Wish me luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Hummingbird125 - it's starting to feel a little bit like fall here, too.  I hope we actually have a fall instead of going from mid-90s to mid-50s in a week.  not looking good so far...  today is a high of 95 and Friday is a high of 57.  geez, Oklahoma.  I think it'll warm back up a little, but I am not prepared for those kinds of temps on Friday.  I haven't got down any of my warmer stuff, so it'll be layering for me!
  • @swazzle I hope everything works out for the best today for you! 

@Hummingbird125 It has been cool here too! I love it! Maddux and I went to watch H play a bit of tennis last night before his match this weekend and it was sooo comfortable outside.

So I'm happy to say my quiche crust turned out great! It was kind of ugly but it was sooo yummy and I plan to make it multiple times! Last night I didn't watch the finale of BIP but I plan to tonight and see all the drama unfolding.

My parents are watching Maddux today because we have visitors in the office that I have to train during my lunch break. I'm PRAYING that Maddux does not have a diarrhea all over their house. I think he will be ok but ever since this weekend it has been diarrhea from him eating some nasty treats. 

Tonight I'm going to CrossFit and then watching Bachelor in Paradise. H has softball but since his games usually run past 10:00 I'll just stay home with Maddux.
  • @500days - I vote for a lazy day! I'm jealous you don't have to work :)

@CocoBellaF - Thanks!

@Hummingbird125 - I looooove that dress! I hope it's perfect!

@southernpeach89 - Thank you! I hope Maddux's tummy is feeling better today.

• @Swazzle - I sometimes wonder if 'there are other offers on the house' is a line they use to get you to raise your offer.  I know they're not allowed to do that, but I just wonder if it happens.  Hope it works out for you.

@500Days - I vote Dress shop!!!

@Hummingbird125 - Cute dress!!

I'm sleepy today like everybody else seems.  The dogs didn't get me up or anything, just tired.

Today was an 'employee appreciation day' so the managers picked us up in the parking lot in a golf cart and drove us to the front door where a bunch of goodies (donuts and other pastries) awaited us.  So not good for my waist line!!

Tonight I've got nothing planned.  T25, I'm embarrassed to say I'd like to watch the final of Married at first Sight, but that's it.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - H and I were wondering that too. It does seem strange that we first looked at the house about 2 weeks ago and then again on Friday (nobody mentioned that others were looking) and on the same day we submit our offer, they get 3 total!

• I'm leaning towards heading to the dress shop @dignity100 since it appears to be the most fun option for a Tuesday. I think I'm that bride that cannot commit to a dress. Everything else has been a breeze but I'm finding that I'm being reaaally picky about finding the right dress for the right price w/alterations. 
  • I saw your quiche, @southernpeach89.  would you mind sending me the recipe??  did you use coconut milk?  I have some in the fridge I need to get rid of, from when I made coconut red beans and rice.

they are letting me do some PM duties at work!  YESSSSS.  so excited.  I need to get my hands on MS Project so I can start mapping out an estimated schedule for a short-turnaround project we've got to get up... need it up and running in 4 weeks.  my old job would never have let me do this, I am pumped.  since I'm getting into PM and CM things at work, I think it'll really solidify my PMP training I'm doing on the weekends and evenings.

speaking of which, I spent 30 minutes at lunch yesterday and 90 minutes at home last night studying.  the next 10 weeks are going to be nuts... need to get my paws on some good decaf coffee.  I can't have caff coffee all day because it keeps me up at night, and the caffeine makes me have kidney stones... but I work so much better with some coffee!  it's totally mental and ridiculous.
  • I have everything except the almond flour.  I might make it tonight sans crust, just need to go pull some tomatoes from the garden.  thanks!
  • @TwoDimes, congrats to your FI!!!!!

it's a "wake-up" light.  it simulates the sunrise and it can also simulate the sunset.  they use them in places like Alaska, Norway, etc.

LINK

I got mine on Amazon so it was a little cheaper.  it better work, because it cost us some bucks.

this morning I teased H, and when the alarm went off I turned on my bedside lamp and said, IT'S THE SUNRISE WAKE UP FOOL.  I am a morning person, he's not.  he just slammed me with a pillow.  love, it's so sweet.

• @TwoDimes - Congrats on your FI's job!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @swazzle, I'm zonked out today, too - you'd think I'd learn my lesson about Monday Night Football doubleheaders. Nope.

@TwoDimes, congrats to your FI!
  • @TwoDimes - Congrats to your FI!

• @Hummingbird125 - what recipe did you use for your tomato soup?  I just had the Pacific or Imagine brand boxed kind last night.  it was okay.
  • @500Days - I took forever to pick out my dress. I started shopping the first week of January and the receipt on my dress says I picked on Mar 8. I felt I went to a gazillion dress shops.

Anniversary
  • @swazzle everything is crossed I hope they accept your offer

@twodimes congrats on your FI getting a job!

@500days I'm jealous of your day off, make it a lazy day!

I woke up tired today too.  I've been sleeping pretty crappy. I keep waking up from really weird dreams, not scary just weird and then I spend the rest of the night tossing and turning and falling in and out of sleep.  I don't know what is wrong. 

Kitty is home from the vet, her oral surgery went well.  The xrays revealed nothing was wrong, just a little obese, I just have to wait for her urine analysis to come back today. 

Work is annoying me right now, I'm in a cube farm and there is someone near by who is on a conference call on speaker phone, it's so annoying when we are all on top of each other like this and it's so distracting. Just put on your damn headset please...

Anniversary

• I'm stuck in the stupid reply box that eliminates paragraphs no matter how many times you hit 'Enter'. ANYHOW... @swazzle soooooooooo many extra house vibes today! @hummingbird125 I love that dress! @500days...definitely dress shopping. @cocobellaF let me know if that thing works. I will so go out and get one for Bean. I wonder if it's still eating my paragraphs...so No-Uh was up all night with some crazy nasty cough and sneeze that just showed up out of the damn blue. He was fine when we put him down. A few hours later, he just couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. And he had a fever over the weekend. OF COURSE, being the anxiety ridden worry wart that I am, and because the news is all "AHHH enterovirus!" My brain immediately went there. It's probably just a mild cold, but in my mind my baby caught the funk. LOL please someone stop me. We scheduled him a sick visit JUST to be on the safe side since he's a wee one.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Peaseblossom55 - I'm so glad the surgery went well! Healing-vibes to your kitty!

@beanbot2002 - Aww No-Uh! I hope he feels better ASAP. Give him a hug from me!

• @beanbot2002 - hope the little one feels better!!!  glad you are getting him in to be seen, just in case.  I'll let you know about the light. I have HIGH HOPES for it, so it better come through.
  • @Swazzle - Good luck with the offer! I sort of felt like that with the last house we wanted to buy, I was annoyed that they didn't tell us there was an offer in until AFTER we had gone back to see it again. Hopefully it's yours at the end of the day!

@Hummingbird125 - That dress is super cute, I hope it ships quickly :)

@TwoDimes - Congrats to your FI! That's great news! Our e-pics had to be rescheduled because of rain too...but then it barely rained, and I was so annoyed! Better to wait and have good weather and not be stressed about it

-----------------------------------

I'm another sleepy one today, I didn't sleep very well last night and the cat woke me up early today. Not sure why I haven't been sleeping as well lately, I think I'm just stressed about work and some financial stuff and it's messing with my sleep.

Today I have to finish all of yesterday's work, because our server stopped working mid-afternoon and no one could save stuff or access files or anything. I don't think we lost anything, but it's a bit of a pain to have to go through and make sure everything from yesterday is still there.

FI and I decided to go to the baseball game tonight, so that's giving me something to look forward to!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited September 2014
    @cocobellaF - I kind of combined a few different recipes. Here's what I did:

1) chopped a medium white onion, cooked until soft in 4 TBS of butter, added one grated piece of garlic and cooked for another minute.
    2) Dumped that, along with a 28oz can of Italian plum tomatoes into my blender, and pureed.
    3) Poured back into pot, and added 2 small cans (about 12oz?) of tomato juice.
    4) Added a bunch of spices: salt, a LOT of black pepper, chicken seasoning, tumeric, a LOT of basil, oregano.
    5) Added about a 1/2 C sweet red wine
    6) Added about 4 tbs of sugar, add more depending on how acidic soup tastes.
    7) heat on low until hot, turn off heat and add 16oz (I think) of reduced fat sour cream. I added this in about 3 phases, and stirred constantly, so it would blend in smoothly.
    8) Add about 1/4 C fresh chopped parsley, right before serving.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @TwoDimes YAY! I'm so glad your FI got a job!!

@Swazzle All the things crossed for you on this house!!

Today is just another Tuesday for me! I'm working from home and doing laundry and other chores in between work projects. At some point this afternoon I'll pick up our gifts we made for our parents. We took the cutting boards to someone who was supposed to laser engrave a message on the back for us. I really hope they came out well. Last night I had nightmare's that the vendor couldn't do it so instead he engraved a message on the boards apologizing for it not coming out right.

• @swazzle That is so shiesty that they waited until after you put in an offer to tell you two others were also received. Grrrr. I'm crossing all appendages today for you guys! If it doesn't work out, it just means something better is out there, but I still hope everything works out for you today.

@CocoBellaF Oklahoma and Texas are bipolar with their weather forecasts. DFW isn't forecasted to get quite as cold, but it will still be a really interesting week... 100 Monday to 70 Friday. Yay. Hope your weather is not as crazy as it's forecasted to be!

@TwoDimes I would be really bummed too. :( You got all dressed up for the big photoshoot and ended up with no where to go. No bueno. Are they at least being rescheduled for a very soon date?

@southernpeach89 Next time I'm in ATL, I'm going to need some cooking/baking lessons. Every time you post a recipe, I end up drooling at my desk. :-P

@Hummingbird125 That dress is super cute! What setting did you choose for your pics?

Speaking of engagement pics, @lmcooper86, did you guys choose a favorite? Your sneak peek you posted a few weeks ago was so cool! 

@peaseblossom55 I'm so glad the surgery went well yesterday! Hopefully you're able to sleep better tonight.

As for me, I'm also on the tired train this morning. I went to bed just before 10pm, slept like a rock, and still felt exhausted when my alarm went off at 5:30. I ended up sleeping until 7:30... oops. 

Work is still weird with the CRM down. My boss's mom is having knee surgery tomorrow... she was supposed to have it today, and my boss asked me to lead our weekly meeting in her absence, so I'm glad the surgery was postponed so I don't have to do that. 

Yesterday during work I figured out where I want to do engagement photos, which is exciting. (With the CRM down, I can't do much of anything, so there's lots of free time these days). THIS park is a few blocks from my apartment, and we'll do that in casual clothes. Then FI and the photographer want to do the other hour-long session at Half Price Books, and I guess we'll do more formal dress for that one. I'm planning to schedule them the week before Thanksgiving...Half Price Books we'll definitely need to do on a weekday morning when it's not busy. Not sure about the park. We're going to scout it out this weekend to see how busy it is. I ordered two dresses from Modcloth because I didn't know which one I would like more... they're due to arrive today: THIS one and THIS one. Since I'm so short, I wanted to get them with plenty of time for alterations if need be. 

Other than that, not too much going on. I'm hoping for a more productive day at work, but we'll see what the CRM does. 

• @Hummingbird125 - That soup sounds delish, I love making soup to bring for lunch in the winter!

@eilis1228 - We haven't decided which one to print (we were both exhausted and lazy last night and had a 2 hour Masterchef to watch lol) but the photo below is the one we're leaning towards. I only have a couple on my work computer and totally forgot to post the others last night! Also, I LOVE those dresses, they are super cute!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards