Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Chatter

Re: Tuesday Chatter

• Options
    @eilis1228 - how long has your CRM been down???  it seems like forever.
  • Options
    @swazzle Fingers crossed!

@Hummingbird125 That dress is super cute!

@eilis1228 I love that plaid dress!

Today is just another Tuesday. I might make lasagna rolls for the family for dinner if I can get out and buy all of the stuff to make them. But first, I have an appointment with the lady doctor who will hopefully be able to get me on different birth control that doesn't make me emotional all the damn time. But I'll just have to wait and see what happens. 
  • Options
    @Swazzle - all the things crossed for you!

I have nothing really great to add. I woke up for the 2nd morning with ridiculous anxiety that had me puking. I'm so over this. Something has GOT to give, and I really don't want to take medication for it. :::le sigh:::

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - so cute, I love it!!
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 Ahhh you two are so cute! I love that pic!

@CocoBellaF About two weeks now... no ETA for it coming back up either. *sigh* 

@bookishgiraffes Thank you! I love it too! I'm so torn between the two, so it will all depend on fit. Also, what are these lasagna rolls of which you speak? They sound delicious.

• Options
    @eilis1228 I made THIS recipe last week. BF and I thought it turned out really great. But I'm going to try THIS recipe now, just since it seems like it will be just as tasty, and I bit easier to roll up the noodles since there aren't huge slices of tomatoes to work around. 
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

Yikes @Ollie08 - That is pretty intense anxiety.  Hugs.

@Swazzle - Fingers crossed for you!

@Hummingbird125 - CUTE dress!

@Southernpeach89 Awwww, poor puppy.  Canned pumpkin can firm up his stool (our dog won't eat pumpkin though so not sure if it is up to Maddux's tastes)

@TwoDimes - Congrats to your FI!

@CocoBellaF - H just pretends he doesn't hear me when I have to get him up...I swear it is like waking up a teenager.  :)

@Peaseblossom55 - All the good vibes for kitty!

@Beanbot2002 - Hope No-Uh feels better soon...poor little one.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chalk me up in the tired catagory as well.  I'm sick of commuting an hour each way to work, man.  There was a dude on the bus this morning that REEKED of smoke.  I could smell it wherever I sat and I was gagging the entire hour ride. I don't know what is going on but I can smell everything today and it is giving me a headache. 

On the bright side, H and I have a MOVE DAY NEXT WEEK FRIDAY!!!!  I'm excited, can you tell?

• Options
    @minskat30 - Yea I was going to feed him some boiled chicken and rice tonight and see if that helps. I haven't tried pumpkin yet...he will eat just about anything which is why he is in his current state lol
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Yay for FI's job!!!!

@Beanbot2002 - Oh no! Lots of hugs for No-Uh. And when they're so eensy and helpless, I always err on the side of caution. I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

@Minskat30 - It is seriously the worst. Also, YAY for move day!!!!! How exciting. And is there any chance you're PG? My sense of smell was ridiculous during pregnancy. I couldn't even smell beef with my 2nd without wanting to gag. Oh, and long commutes suck. I took a huge pay cut last year to work from home, but I effing love it.

• Options
    @TwoDimes YAY FOR JOB! Our e-pics got rescheduled less than a week before because our photographer's wife was about to pop with twins. She knew she'd be distracted during our photos even if her babies hadn't been born yet, so it was a good idea to reschedule. And we were still really disappointed. So I feel you.

Today, I feel TERRIBLE. I woke up feeling incredibly overtired (not sure why), still sore from cleaning all day on Sunday, and nauseous. So I'm home resting before I go in for experiments, office hours, and couple's therapy. I also need to vote today ... blegh. I don't like the primaries.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Awwww @SouthernPeach89 - poor pup but it does sort of make me laugh when a dog will eat anything and then look at you all sad when his tummy hurts, like you did it to him.  :)  
  • Options
    @Ollie08 - You know, I was wondering the same thing this morning but I'm religious about my BC (and I take it without breaks but-for a few times a year). Might test just to be sure but it is unlikely. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy though.  I hate taking medication so I get your aversion.  Do any home remedies help? 
  • Options

@eilis1228 and @minskat30 thank you!

@lmcooper86 I love the photo!!

Anniversary

• Options
    Seems like EVERYONE is overly tired today! Glad I'm not alone. Let's all leave work and go home for a nap. 

I don't want the chili I brought for lunch today but I'm going to make myself eat it anyway to save money and so I don't eat all the things instead. 

• Options
    @CocoBellaF--Right?!  I'm in OK as well...seriously wishing the weather would just make up its mind already.  Putting together an outfit for Friday will be interesting, since all my cool-weather stuff is still in a box in my storage closet.  I'm just hoping the fall tornado season stays as calm as the spring one did this year

-----------------------------------------

I'm not especially tired today, but I think that's because, while I didn't sleep well last night, I slept long...definitely didn't wake up when my alarm told me to, which is frustrating because I needed to get up and grade some papers before class.  I take medication at night that puts me completely out, and sometimes I just have days like this where, if I don't absolutely have to be anywhere, I won't wake up until I have to.  So now I feel like the day has been totally wasted.  I have two classes to teach, and a bunch of grading to do, so I'm going to try to get some of that done this afternoon/evening.
  • Options
    Ollie08 said:

@Beanbot2002 - Oh no! Lots of hugs for No-Uh. And when they're so eensy and helpless, I always err on the side of caution. I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

@Minskat30 - It is seriously the worst. Also, YAY for move day!!!!! How exciting. And is there any chance you're PG? My sense of smell was ridiculous during pregnancy. I couldn't even smell beef with my 2nd without wanting to gag. Oh, and long commutes suck. I took a huge pay cut last year to work from home, but I effing love it.
    I was thinking this too. @minskat30 I know you mentioned you are religious with your BC, but a friend is currently pregnant with a BC baby. It can happen! 

• Options
    There's so much going on with everyone!!

@swazzle - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!! 

@hummingbird125 - I LOVE that dress. You're going to be way prettier than me in engagement pics, and I'm jealous.

@TwoDimes - YAY for jobs!! 

@beanbot2002 - Today I'm sending hugs for you & No-Uh. <3

@peaseblossom55 - I'm so glad kitty is doing better!! Give her some extra loves :)

@southernpeach89 - Silly pups. When Vi had her throwing up/poops, I gave her boiled chicken & rice in small amounts and she did really well with it. Keep us posted! 

@phira - feel better!!!

Last night, FI & I went and drove around looking for more houses. We had a list of five that we wanted to check out, crossed one off of that (awful neighborhood), and then added four more. Oops :) There are some really awesome ones on the list though, so hopefully we can find the right one for us! 

I'm working at a volleyball match tonight for another college in the area, so I'll be home late. Other than that, nothing too crazy!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    Ollie08 said:

I was thinking this too. @minskat30 I know you mentioned you are religious with your BC, but a friend is currently pregnant with a BC baby. It can happen! 
    Oh man @eilis1228 don't say it!  I never actually met someone that got preggers on the pill (that was also reliable about taking it as directed)!!  I'd be overjoyed but H is not ready yet (I think his head would explode given all the changes in our lives recently).  I'll test tonight just to be certain though.   
  • Options
    In August, I thought I was pregnant, even though I have an IUD and don't get my period anymore. I took two tests a few weeks apart, just to be sure. It turns out that the fatigue was still from my last infusion, the bloating was from eating poorly, and the nausea was from drinking cranberry juice regularly. But I was pretty convinced.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF--Right?!  I'm in OK as well...seriously wishing the weather would just make up its mind already.  Putting together an outfit for Friday will be interesting, since all my cool-weather stuff is still in a box in my storage closet.  I'm just hoping the fall tornado season stays as calm as the spring one did this year

I'm not especially tired today, but I think that's because, while I didn't sleep well last night, I slept long...definitely didn't wake up when my alarm told me to, which is frustrating because I needed to get up and grade some papers before class.  I take medication at night that puts me completely out, and sometimes I just have days like this where, if I don't absolutely have to be anywhere, I won't wake up until I have to.  So now I feel like the day has been totally wasted.  I have two classes to teach, and a bunch of grading to do, so I'm going to try to get some of that done this afternoon/evening.
    another Okie??  I can't believe it!
  • Options
    @minskat30 It freaked me out when she told me! Apparently she had little to no symptoms and didn't find out until she was almost through her first trimester. It's really unlikely you're pregnant, but I would definitely POAS just to be on the safe side. 

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    @Ollie08 - You know, I was wondering the same thing this morning but I'm religious about my BC (and I take it without breaks but-for a few times a year). Might test just to be sure but it is unlikely. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy though.  I hate taking medication so I get your aversion.  Do any home remedies help? 
    I take 5HTP for the depression, but I haven't found anything for the anxiety yet. I've been trying to meditate in the morning to help, and it does help, but not enough. I'll have to call my GP to see what they recommend (besides more medication).

• Options
    Ah, going to double post instead of editing my original post.

FI had his 6-month review today with his boss, and it went really well! He's been panicking that they won't renew his contract in February, and although they never said one way or the other if they would, they had nothing but positive things to say about his work and said they'd be adding to his responsibilities soon. Very promising! Hooray!

Also, we have an update on our CRM issues---looks like they're planning to have everything up and running next week. Apparently it's been down longer than I thought--my coworker said we're in our 4th week of no CRM. I'm looking forward to being able to work again but also dreading the amount of work I'll have to do to catch up...

I'm about 25% through 11/22/63. The chapter I just finished was a little disturbing. Stephen King has some vivid imagery, geez. Also, I like how he keeps referencing Shawshank prison. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, MR. KING!

• Options
    @Goldenpenguin -Thanks I hope he gets better soon. The last time I gave him chicken and rice, he got better but his poop was still pretty soft. I think it's just a matter of getting it out of his system. He just has such a sensitive stomach so I just need to be extra careful about what he eats when he is in areas that he isn't accustomed to.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - Congrats to your FI! I really want to know where you are in the book now!

• Options

another Okie??  I can't believe it!
    Yes ma'am!  We're few and far between on TK, I've realized.  But yep, not born, but raised...been here since I was 2.
  • Options
    I'm so ridiculously late to this thread and I haven't read all of the responses because I'm exhaused and I didn't have my coffee this morning so reading is hard for me today.

@Swazzle - Good luck with the house! I hope you get it!

@Eili1228 - Yay for your FI having a good review!

I'm so bored at work today. I just want to go home and sleep but I've been working from home a lot latly and not getting much done so I felt like I needed to make an appearance today. It's all cloudy and rainy today too which I love but it makes me want to curl up in a blanket with a good book not sit in front of my computer researching competeing health fairs.

BF and I talked about engagement rings again last night because he can't make a decision apparently. I don't think I've narrowed down thing enough for him. But I'm really not picky and would be happy with whatever he picks! I did tell him I like yellow gold over white gold so maybe that will help him pick.
    I am sending ALL the e-ring picking vibes your way!!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @bethsmiles EEEEEEEEEEE okay I'm done.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards