Chit Chat

Please throw out that pee stick

A family member announced their pregnancy with a photo of a cutesy tshirt for her H to wear. It was cute

Then a few days later a whole photo shoot is posted announcing it again, with ultrasound and pee stick pics galore. A little too much for me but that seems to be the way things are now

Within a week was a #tbt to the picture of said H in said cutesy tshirt to "when they announced it". Ok you can #tbt to anytime I guess, but a week seemed odd

But today was just too much she posted ANOTHER [posed] picture of her telling her co workers she's pregnant and again she's holding that damn pee stick. You're like 14 weeks pregnant throw that out! Does she carry it around with her? I get it's likely a prop... but still we get it. Your pregnant.

Yea I am overreacting, but I just don't want to see pee sticks anymore especially when you have already posed with one, and now this would be months old.... 

Anniversary

Re: Please throw out that pee stick

• I don't get the posting of pee stick pics either. But the fact that she is carrying it around for photo ops and such? Cray Cray!
  • Ggggaaaahhhhhhggggg
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Call me old fashioned, but is ANYTHING sacred anymore? If you urinated on something, I DO NOT need to see a photo of it. WTF is wrong with a simple- "We are expecting!"
  • I still have mine. However, they are in a ziplock bag, in a drawer in the bathroom, and H is the only one who has, or will ever, see them. I also have posted exactly one status about the baby, and that was when we announced it.

I get being excited, but that's overkill. 
  • Why. Why do you need to keep a stick covered in piss? Of all the damn mementos, especially in a time with so much photo and sonogram sharing, do you need to keep that disgusting thing?

That's right up there with placenta prints and shadow boxing the cord, for me.
  • Ewwwww. Aint nobody needs to see anything that's been peed on. Ever. 

You best prepare - she'll likely be an over sharer this whole pregnancy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh, that's NASTY!

Is this her first kid?  Do you need to hear about this and all its enthusiasm for 6 more months?  

I just pictured her whipping the pee stick out of her purse 3 months from now and showing the mailman.  *Gag*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Why. Why do you need to keep a stick covered in piss? Of all the damn mementos, especially in a time with so much photo and sonogram sharing, do you need to keep that disgusting thing?

this is actually a thing? I don't get it.
  • Forgive my ignorance, but don't the lines disappear after a few hours anyways?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jynxiie said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but don't the lines disappear after a few hours anyways?
    I think it depends on the kind. Mine said "pregnant" and was definitely battery operated so it didn't last more than a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh one of my girls friends did that once. Pee stick as a FB banner. I mean, really? Needless to say, I was absolutely not impressed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This woman is going to live tweet labor and delivery. "#tbt to an hour ago when I was only 4cm dilated!"
    I'm calling it now: she's going to take a picture of her newborn next to the pee stick.
  • sarahufl said:
    Why. Why do you need to keep a stick covered in piss? Of all the damn mementos, especially in a time with so much photo and sonogram sharing, do you need to keep that disgusting thing?

This is a real thing that really people really do and seriously expect framers to handle.
    Which, hahaha, fuck you, I'm not touching your bio-waste. You want to remember being pregnant? You got a BABY to remind you.
  • A family member announced their pregnancy with a photo of a cutesy tshirt for her H to wear. It was cute

Then a few days later a whole photo shoot is posted announcing it again, with ultrasound and pee stick pics galore. A little too much for me but that seems to be the way things are now

Within a week was a #tbt to the picture of said H in said cutesy tshirt to "when they announced it". Ok you can #tbt to anytime I guess, but a week seemed odd

But today was just too much she posted ANOTHER [posed] picture of her telling her co workers she's pregnant and again she's holding that damn pee stick. You're like 14 weeks pregnant throw that out! Does she carry it around with her? I get it's likely a prop... but still we get it. Your pregnant.

Yea I am overreacting, but I just don't want to see pee sticks anymore especially when you have already posed with one, and now this would be months old.... 
    Please tell me she doesn't work in food service. Keeping it is bad, showing it to friends/family is worse, but your COWORKERS? 

I'm so tired of the social media AW trend around pregnancies. It makes me appreciate FI's suggestion. If I get pregnant he wants to get FSS a shirt that say big brother somewhere on it and post one picture of the 3 of us on one of our little day trips like he always does. Only people who pay attention to details will know. 

• sarahufl said:
    Why. Why do you need to keep a stick covered in piss? Of all the damn mementos, especially in a time with so much photo and sonogram sharing, do you need to keep that disgusting thing?

This is a real thing that really people really do and seriously expect framers to handle.
    Which, hahaha, fuck you, I'm not touching your bio-waste. You want to remember being pregnant? You got a BABY to remind you.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.  There must be some kind of law against that shit.
  • sarahufl said:

SITB

WHY. DEAR GOD.
  • Y'all. This is TOTALLY a normal thing. Why are you all squicked out by it? Dude, if I was pregnant that thing would LIVE WITH ME FOREVER.

/sarcasm.

Ew. Trash that shit. I had a hard time even pretending I'd keep it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Just another instance of someone thinking that their being pregnant is the most ZOMG SPESCHUL THING EVER!!!  Yeah, it is to you (the pregnant one) and your H and possibly your family but the rest of us don't really care that much besides a quick "oh congrats!"

• This woman is going to live tweet labor and delivery. "#tbt to an hour ago when I was only 4cm dilated!"
    I'm calling it now: she's going to take a picture of her newborn next to the pee stick.
    Maybe she could use that picture for her product review on the EPT website.  "Guyz, this pregnancy test was sooo accurate... see?!"
  • So this isn't necessarily gross, and I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I get really stabby over people posting their ultrasound pics on Facebook. Again, I'm not sure why I have such an issue with it and maybe I'll feel differently when I get pregnant, but it drives me NUTS.

But to comment on the topic at hand, I would flip tf out if someone put their pee stick near me. Sickos
    Anniversary

• lulu411 said:
    So this isn't necessarily gross, and I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I get really stabby over people posting their ultrasound pics on Facebook. Again, I'm not sure why I have such an issue with it and maybe I'll feel differently when I get pregnant, but it drives me NUTS.

But to comment on the topic at hand, I would flip tf out if someone put their pee stick near me. Sickos
    I agree with this.  I get it, your pregnant and you are excited.  But personally I would prefer to see the baby when it is out of your belly and cleaned up and clothed.  That blob that you are saying is your kid doesn't really do anything for me.

And those 4D ultrasound pics freak me out.

• lulu411 said:
    So this isn't necessarily gross, and I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I get really stabby over people posting their ultrasound pics on Facebook. Again, I'm not sure why I have such an issue with it and maybe I'll feel differently when I get pregnant, but it drives me NUTS.

I agree with this.  I get it, your pregnant and you are excited.  But personally I would prefer to see the baby when it is out of your belly and cleaned up and clothed.  That blob that you are saying is your kid doesn't really do anything for me.

And those 4D ultrasound pics freak me out.
    ME TOO! It looks like an alien!! Or something from a horror movie
    Anniversary

Or she'll post the birthing video on Facebook! Or even better live streaming on Skype! Because EVERYONE is going to be as crazy excited as she is and they will all want to share in that amazingly exciting moment!

• Just another instance of someone thinking that their being pregnant is the most ZOMG SPESCHUL THING EVER!!!  Yeah, it is to you (the pregnant one) and your H and possibly your family but the rest of us don't really care that much besides a quick "oh congrats!"
    THIS

Anniversary
  • My friend just had a baby and literally was the most annoying person on earth.  She just kept saying how she was 3 months pregnant, how can anyone expect her to work or clean. She has a hard enough time bathing herself!  Then, my favourite... her mom told her to stfu and stop acting like a child. Her response: MOM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!! YOUVE NEVER BEEN THROUGH THIS!
    OMG you're joking!  ROFLCOPTER!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My friend just had a baby and literally was the most annoying person on earth.  She just kept saying how she was 3 months pregnant, how can anyone expect her to work or clean. She has a hard enough time bathing herself!  Then, my favourite... her mom told her to stfu and stop acting like a child. Her response: MOM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!! YOUVE NEVER BEEN THROUGH THIS!
    Wow.  I really hate it when women use the "but I am pregnant" excuse.  You are pregnant, not disabled.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards