Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/Vents/UOs/II

2»

Re: Confessions/Vents/UOs/II

• edited September 2014
    @500days -That confession/vent does not make you sound bad at all....that happens to H all the time. His coworker last year had a few students that are on his caseload this year and she basically screwed all their shit up when it came to their IEP so he is having to re do all their IEP this year early on so they won't be behind when their meetings come up. He has his first one this week I believe. 

I think being a Special Ed teacher is one of the most difficult jobs a teacher can have and you guys should be recognized a lot more than you actually are for what you do. 
  • Swazzle said:
    cu97tiger said:
    @peaseblossom55 and @hummingbird125 - if you have any questions about FF or TTC, please don't be afraid to ask me! If there's anything good about this 26+ month TTC journey, it's that I've learned a few things :)

II: When I go to the bathroom, and there are six empty stalls, and someone comes in and chooses one RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Why??

UO: IDGAF about new Apple products. The only Apple product I own is my 3 year old shuffle.

@goldenpenguin - you will look beautiful and your pictures will be awesome. Because I say so.
    There is nothing irrational about this!

It is weird that I think of you @swazzle and am careful about which stall I choose whenever I go to a restroom with stalls....

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger thanks so much for the offer.  I May definitely contact you as we begin our journey, I've been on BCP for 16 years straight so I don't know how my body will adjust after it.  I did read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and wow I learned so much. 

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - good on you for reading TCOYF! So many women just assume they'll go off BCP and have magical 28-day cycles and get pregnant in two months. Now, that does happen for some people, and most people don't have many problems, but as you know, there is SO MUCH MORE that goes into it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger My GYN said to wait to go off the pill until I'm ready to conceive he said I would be more fertile after coming off it.  So ok... but I'm expecting it may take awhile for my cycle to regulate and figure out what is going on and we're not getting any younger either....

Anniversary

• Swazzle said:
    Swazzle said:
    cu97tiger said:
    @peaseblossom55 and @hummingbird125 - if you have any questions about FF or TTC, please don't be afraid to ask me! If there's anything good about this 26+ month TTC journey, it's that I've learned a few things :)

II: When I go to the bathroom, and there are six empty stalls, and someone comes in and chooses one RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Why??

UO: IDGAF about new Apple products. The only Apple product I own is my 3 year old shuffle.

@goldenpenguin - you will look beautiful and your pictures will be awesome. Because I say so.
    There is nothing irrational about this!

It is weird that I think of you @swazzle and am careful about which stall I choose whenever I go to a restroom with stalls....

This added to the fact that people have said they also think of me when it comes to handling fluffy/erratic/misshapen eyebrows means my work here is done.

:-) ugh now that remind me I need an eye brow waxing... thank you!

Anniversary

• @lmcooper86 - I have really long eyebrows, too. I get them waxed once a month but I usually have to trim them myself at home before them. 

When I went for my wax a few weeks ago, she handed me the mirror to check things out when she finished and I spotted a very light-in-color eyebrow hair. I asked her, horrified, "WHAT IS THAT?!" and she plucked it out and I was like, "IS IT BLONDE OR WHITE?" And she very quietly said, "It is white." And then I looked like this:

• Confession: I cannot watch shows/movies/nada re 9/11. Don't want those feels.

Vent: Fuck my sinuses and this cold.

UO: I'm not interested in wedding planning.

This makes me feel like you hate me. :(

*******************************************************************************************

• @cu97tiger My GYN said to wait to go off the pill until I'm ready to conceive he said I would be more fertile after coming off it.  So ok... but I'm expecting it may take awhile for my cycle to regulate and figure out what is going on and we're not getting any younger either....
    (to your doctor) Um, what? I mean, you're more fertile than if you're ON the pill, but nothing I've read says that you're extra fertile after you go off BCP. Most doctors will recommend that you come off BCP and use other methods of birth control so that you can see how your cycle works. Or you could NOT use other BC, but also not expect your cycles to be regular.

• cu97tiger said:
    @cu97tiger My GYN said to wait to go off the pill until I'm ready to conceive he said I would be more fertile after coming off it.  So ok... but I'm expecting it may take awhile for my cycle to regulate and figure out what is going on and we're not getting any younger either....
    (to your doctor) Um, what? I mean, you're more fertile than if you're ON the pill, but nothing I've read says that you're extra fertile after you go off BCP. Most doctors will recommend that you come off BCP and use other methods of birth control so that you can see how your cycle works. Or you could NOT use other BC, but also not expect your cycles to be regular.

@cu97tiger Yea I know I thought that was a bit strange, he said b/c of the type of pill that I'm on the estrogen level is so low I should ovulate and have a regular cycle pretty quickly.  I'm not sure I buy it either so I'll be doing everything possible to figure out my cycle after coming off the pill. I am fully expecting for it to take awhile for my cycle to regulate though.

Anniversary

• @Peasblossom55 - Maybe he is saying that to patients because he doesn't want them to be surprised if they conceive right away and have an "oopps we weren't really ready yet" baby?  I have never heard of that before.

Vent: Floor contractor was supposed to show up yesterday to finish our floors (H and I gave up...they weren't looking right).  He didn't show up, won't answer our calls or texts and now we are left back at square one.  I want to cry.  It doesn't help that H was livid today and blamed me for trying to encourage us to do it ourselves.  That pissed me off, since how the hell are we going to figure out how to do things ourselves unless we try.  So now we are both pissed off and our now one-week deadline to move in (when the movers come) is looking impossible. Why the hell does this happen to us?!? 

• @minskat30 oh no I'm so sorry about the floor contractor. Can you push back the moving day by a few days? Or find a new floor contractor who can do the job asap?

Perhaps that is why he said that I'm not sure. An "oops" baby wouldn't be the worst thing for us though. :-)  I'm taking what he said with a graing of salt anyway.  :-)

Anniversary

• cu97tiger said:
    @cu97tiger My GYN said to wait to go off the pill until I'm ready to conceive he said I would be more fertile after coming off it.  So ok... but I'm expecting it may take awhile for my cycle to regulate and figure out what is going on and we're not getting any younger either....

@cu97tiger Yea I know I thought that was a bit strange, he said b/c of the type of pill that I'm on the estrogen level is so low I should ovulate and have a regular cycle pretty quickly.  I'm not sure I buy it either so I'll be doing everything possible to figure out my cycle after coming off the pill. I am fully expecting for it to take awhile for my cycle to regulate though.
    This reminds me... for all who are thinking of TTC. Your OB is not the expert on getting pregnant. They are the expert on your pregnancy. Subtle difference, but in a case like this, it could be a big one.

Most people would walk away from that appointment thinking 'I'll get my period regularly after I go off the pill and have no trouble conceiving almost immediately.' An RE (reproductive endocrinologist) would phrase it slightly differently 'You should resume having your periods after you go off BCP, though it may take a few months to a year for your cycle to regulate.'

• @minskat30 oh no I'm so sorry about the floor contractor. Can you push back the moving day by a few days? Or find a new floor contractor who can do the job asap?

Perhaps that is why he said that I'm not sure. An "oops" baby wouldn't be the worst thing for us though. :-)  I'm taking what he said with a graing of salt anyway.  :-)

Thanks.  I've got another guy coming in to give us an estimate today but the guy who was supposed to come yesterday was the only reasonable quote we got so I don't have high hopes.  H just wants to say F it and move in with the floors the way they are (sanded, rough and unfinished)...I'm trying to talk sense into him that moving all of our furniture out when we get someone to do the floors eventually will be 50 times more work but right now its like talking to someone plugging their ears going "I can't HEAR you" because he's so pissed.  Ugh.
  • @cu97tiger yea something about what he said didn't seem right about what he said and I've done some research lurked on the bump a bit too.  I'm expecting it to take awhile for my cycle to regulate and figure things out.  I so don't expect to get pregnant right away. 

@minskat30 I'm so sorry, it's hard to rationlize with someone when they are really angry hopefully he calms down soon and you guys can come to a good conclusion.  May be this guy will surprise you with a good quote.  I hope so.

Anniversary

AW! I do not hate you or anyone else that is planning their wedding! I just meant that here I am on a wedding website, and I'm not into wedding stuffs anymore. Seems like a pretty unpopular opinion.
  • Vent/II: We recently had a manager of a huge department leave the company at the same time that the person who took over my old job left. A coworker was trained to do my old job, and I was asked to step in for the complicated aspects. Okay, fine. Well, yesterday my coworker went on a sudden 2-week leave because her daughter went into labor, and now I've been asked to do everything for the old job while still doing my actual job. I'm so irritated at the coworker for leaving so suddenly... I mean, I know her daughter went into labor and that's a big deal, but 1. TWO WEEKS LEAVE?! AHHHH! and 2. it's not like labor is a totally surprising event... a little bit of a heads up would have been much appreciated before she agreed to do my old job, you know? I could have at least planned on doing both jobs and adjusted my schedule accordingly. Blah. I know it's not her fault at all... both the manager and the person who did the job leaving at the same time is what screwed me over, but man! I'm glad the CRM is still down so that my actual job isn't too busy, but it's expected to be back next week, soooooo I'm going to be absolutely swamped. 

AW! I do not hate you or anyone else that is planning their wedding! I just meant that here I am on a wedding website, and I'm not into wedding stuffs anymore. Seems like a pretty unpopular opinion.
    PHEW. Because I want you to see ALL my wedding stuffs. :)

*******************************************************************************************

• eilis1228 said:
    Vent/II: We recently had a manager of a huge department leave the company at the same time that the person who took over my old job left. A coworker was trained to do my old job, and I was asked to step in for the complicated aspects. Okay, fine. Well, yesterday my coworker went on a sudden 2-week leave because her daughter went into labor, and now I've been asked to do everything for the old job while still doing my actual job. I'm so irritated at the coworker for leaving so suddenly... I mean, I know her daughter went into labor and that's a big deal, but 1. TWO WEEKS LEAVE?! AHHHH! and 2. it's not like labor is a totally surprising event... a little bit of a heads up would have been much appreciated before she agreed to do my old job, you know? I could have at least planned on doing both jobs and adjusted my schedule accordingly. Blah. I know it's not her fault at all... both the manager and the person who did the job leaving at the same time is what screwed me over, but man! I'm glad the CRM is still down so that my actual job isn't too busy, but it's expected to be back next week, soooooo I'm going to be absolutely swamped. 

I don't find this irrational at all! Why do you need to SUDDENLY take 2 weeks off because your daughter is having a baby? She's not the one giving birth.

• @lavenderfields13 I'm guessing she's going to stay and help her daughter out a bit, but I don't know her family situation at all. If it's her daughter's first baby, it makes sense that she wants to be there. Regardless though, a little bit of warning would be nice... I mean, she obviously knew when her daughter was due and could have told me she was going to take 2 weeks off when her daughter gave birth... which is still a little excessive in my opinion, but I've never given birth... if/when I do, I may want my mom around for weeks too lol. Thank you for sympathizing with my frustration! I felt like a terrible person being annoyed with my coworker lol.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    @eilis1228 - I would be really annoyed at your co-worker too. She had 9 months to give a heads up that she would need two weeks off around this time. 

Also, nothing sounds more horrible to me than having my mom stick around for two weeks after giving birth.

• My coworker has a 4 year old and just had her second baby, but her husband lives in Florida (she couldn't find a job down there and he couldn't find one up here). So her family's been staying with her to help with the new baby for a little while. I can understand that, and maybe not knowing that she'd need the help until it was close to the due date. But honestly, it seems unusual, you know?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @bethsmiles and @phira Yeah, the whole thing is weird. Our CFO is the interim manager for that department, and he came running into my office yesterday in a panic asking if I could help since my coworker was leaving ASAP for 2 weeks. I don't know if he knew about it but forgot, or if she sprung it on him at the last minute... I'm happy to help and all, I just wish I'd had more notice. This whole day has been weird while I re-train myself, train my department's admin assistant on some of the admin stuff for the old job to help lighten my load, and then also handle issues at the current job. Tons of fun all around. Is it Friday yet?

• edited September 2014
    @eilis1228 - I would be really annoyed at your co-worker too. She had 9 months to give a heads up that she would need two weeks off around this time. 

Also, nothing sounds more horrible to me than having my mom stick around for two weeks after giving birth.

SITB, i had to LOL at this Beth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards