Wedding 911

HELP! Anyone used gift amor?

We used gift amor as our wedding deposit registry. The guests pick an e-card & a cash gift goes straight from their account to ours. It's only supposed to take two business days, and its been 8 days. They only list one number...and its busy. We have sent 3 emails to their help address, all un-answered. Only two guests used it, but its still $650....and we have not asked the guests if it has been taken out of their accounts because we don't want to alarm anyone. Help! Has ANYONE used this site?

Re: HELP! Anyone used gift amor?

• We used gift amor as our wedding deposit registry. The guests pick an e-card & a cash gift goes straight from their account to ours. It's only supposed to take two business days, and its been 8 days. They only list one number...and its busy. We have sent 3 emails to their help address, all un-answered. Only two guests used it, but its still $650....and we have not asked the guests if it has been taken out of their accounts because we don't want to alarm anyone. Help! Has ANYONE used this site?
    I'm sorry that this is happening.  I have never heard of that site before.  You should have not used any cash registry site.  If you have simply not registered, your guests would have been giving you cash or checks directly to you.  You would have forgone the middleman and would not have had to pay whatever the service fee gift amor charges.  Immediatley remove yourself from that website.  I would try to contact your guests, so that they could cancel the charge or perhaps dispute it as fraud with their bank or credit card.
  • At this point I would contact the guests, explain you think there is a problem with the charge, and apologize PROFUSELY for the trouble.

Lurkers: this is one of many, many reasons why cash registries are not a good idea.  You're asking your guests to share their financial information with a third party who may or may not be trustworthy.  This is on top of the existing problems that have been thoroughly discussed on the forums.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Just an update. We finally got a hold of the woman running this site that has not been working since May & has not bothered to fix it. Upon research the site is "Safe". She claims that everything is encrypted so she can't see our full bank account numbers, either way I STILL didn't trust her, and changed our bank account (old number/new number). For the record the only 2 guests who used it out of over 100, did not have any money taken from their accounts & have chose to keep an eye on things.

Lesson learned, and now I can pass along the heads up to my girlfriends!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards