Maine

Bar Harbor vendor scoop

Hi Everyone, My wedding was on Sept 12th at the Bar Harbor Inn. Here is the rundown on how it went. Please email me if you want more specifics -you know we aren't allowed to get too detailed if we are disappointed in a vendor. My photographer was Michele Stapleton and she was wonderful! We do not have our photos yet but she posted some sneak peeks on facebook so we could share them while we wait. She had an assistant so they were able to get multiple views of the ceremony and could get both bride and groom getting ready in AM. Michele was extremely organized and calm -a wonderful presence to have around when nerves are high. The Bar Harbor Inn was great. We wished they comped one night's room like most other area wedding sites do. Nicole the coordinator was very detailed oriented. The food was great and location prefect. DJ: Scott Rappaport from Dana Lavertu -very disappointing. We had originally planned on a band and then decided on a dj. He was the last one available on that date in that area -hmmm. flowers: Cottage Flowers: Laurie Riddell --wonderful. Great to work with, good communication, she took lots of notes and was very creative. Janice Stout: our cake was included with having the wedding at the Inn but it was made by area baker Janice Stout. It tasted great and was beautiful. I will post pics soon.

Re: Bar Harbor vendor scoop

• edited December 2011
    congrats on your wedding! i am getting married at the inn in july.. wicked excited! so if you have any other advice/likes/dislikes, id love to hear them - regarding the inn and flowers. also, is there a reason you chose a cake ouside of the inn? email is eilyak@live.com
  • fieldieloverfieldielover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    super helpful, thanks....I was also offered Scott Rappaport as the last DJ available on the date and thought that didn't sound so appealing, so happy that you shared your experience. 
  • Would really appreciate some help too! Considering for July 2016! Also is it true you can only book the reading room before 4:30? Did you feel like your wedding was too early in the day? 

Help would be great! Email me:

davidmonica.wedding@gmail.com
  • Just a heads up that this post is 5 years old...unfortunately it is unlikely that they are still on TK.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards