Wedding Woes
Options

So over it!

Apparently someone (or everyone) forgot to mention that wedding planning sucks. Or is it just me? I love planning! I have dreamed of this day! But I am so over this shit! I don't want to put on a performance, I don't want to spend $4,000 on food, and I suddenly feel like I don't even know what I really want. I really feel like I am losing my mind. 

Re: So over it!

• Options
    Sounds like you need a break.  Do you have time for non-wedding related stuff this weekend?  Invite some friends over and grill, or get a massage, girls' night out, whatever?
  • Options
    I'd love to take a break, but I feel pressured to pick a date. I've had multiple venues tell me that their Saturdays for 2015 are completely booked! I just wish there was a stronger focus on the marriage, rather than the wedding. I want to plan a wedding that isn't the traditional "performance," but I don't know what that consists of yet. 
  • Options
    Think of parties/events you've been to or hosted in the past that you liked.  Copy those things again.  You don't have to re-invent the wheel here, just end up married and then have a good time.  You don't even have to have a party if you don't want to, but just do something small for those invited to the ceremony.
  • Options
    How about Sundays?  Are they all booked too?  Or Friday nights?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My wedding is in 16 days and I feel like my head is going to explode. We got engaged this past New Year's Eve & this had been the most stressful 9 months of my life. I don't know how I will feel after the wedding, but right now I honestly wish that we had eloped. Every detail of wedding planning has been a nightmare for me. Just now my already married friends are telling me that it's okay. That they all felt the same way...that planning a wedding is not fun at all. It's hard. Really hard and really stressful. So, just do your best to take care of yourself in the process. I think that my biggest mistake was trying to keep all our family happy and somehow I got lost. Don't be afraid to be assertive or you might end up miserable. Just my experience.
  • Options

Remember - funerals are planned in less than a week with most of the same vendors. 

Make a decision and delegate.  Once you've delegated DONE.  $4000 for food isn't that bad - remember what you're getting for the money, if you aren't impressed choose a cheaper option and roll with it.  Again - delegate and DONE.  At the end of the day as long as it was delish that's all that matters.

• Options
    MesmrEwe said:

Remember - funerals are planned in less than a week with most of the same vendors. 

this might be the new decapitated flower girl.
  • Options
    Ha. I never thought about the funeral thing before but she does have a point.
  • Options
    I would seriously love to have a DJ at the next funeral I attend.  As long as they play something upbeat.
  • Options
    I sure tell my mom and sister to wear bridesmaid dress to mine and walk down with bouquets.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I would seriously love to have a DJ at the next funeral I attend.  As long as they play something upbeat.
    You mean you've never been to one like that??? LOL - JK - my point was to just emphasize that all too often we get hung up on "I need this months in advance in order to have ANY thing at the wedding (Flowers, food, cake, etc.), sure, you need to book a top baker months in advance, but you can still order one with a week or so notice from most chain bakery stores.  It's not ideal, but it'll serve the job without stressing out of one's mind.  Same for flowers, I can go to FTD and order flowers to be delivered yet this afternoon, why get in a tizzy.  Same for the dress - you can walk in to most bridal salons and say "I'm here to buy a dress off the rack for an event tomorrow" and be able to find something to get the job done.  Sure you don't get to be near as picky about some things, but that doesn't mean one will go without even though the industry tries to lead you to believe otherwise. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards