• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

No children at weddings

13»

Re: No children at weddings

• We made the decision to go kid-free for many reasons. We love kids (including my other halfs daughter who will be in the ceremony and will be heading home to her mothers after a brief period at the reception) but as others said - we weren't sure if this was the environment for several. 

We also broke it down on a more personal level - his nephews are holy terrors - if we were going to be selective about kids - we wouldn't be able to justify to his brother and SIL that they can't bring theirs.

We'd like all of our friends to be able to let lose and enjoy themselves - so we're asking that they take a night off from parenting and focus on enjoying our wedding.

And finally - we have WAY too many growing families in our family and friends! Adding kids to the guest list could easily make a wedding of 100 be a wedding of 150+ - we just don't have the money for it!
    PrettyGirlLost
  • PrettyGirlLostPrettyGirlLost A Land Filled with Unicorns and Cat Hair member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    NYCBruin said:
    Lots of reasons:

1.  Some people just don't like kids.

2.  Some people like kids but enjoy "adult" events.  Personally, I hate when kids are at weddings, I'm always scared I'm going to trip over one of them on the dance floor, that one of them will run into me and I'll spill my drink over them/me and/or they'll overhear me say something inappropriate.  

3.  Budget.  If you don't love kids, cutting them from the guest list is a way to cut down your budget and/or make room for more guests.

ETA this is not at all an exhaustive list, but just the first three thoughts that popped into my head.  
    This is what I was going to say.

Our wedding ceremony will be a 3pm Catholic Mass- not fun for kids, even some adults bitch- and our receptions from 5pm-11pm at a restored mansion which is now a B$B/art gallery- not appropriate for kids.

That being said we are inviting kids, but only children in our immediate families and of members of the WP.  So far two of my WP members have told me they are going to leave their youngest child with a relative and if hte older child is in the WP they are going to have them picked up after dinner so that they can enjoy the rest of the night sans kids.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• We're having an adults only wedding because we want our friends who have children to be able to let loose and enjoy their weekend and not have to worry about how their children are acting. 
  • photokittyphotokitty where I want to be mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    @Ndemick said:

We're having an adults only wedding because we want our friends who have children to be able to let loose and enjoy their weekend and not have to worry about how their children are acting. 

Bumping old threads, like this one that is 10 months old, it's generally frowned upon on the boards. Offer times the people in the conversation aren't around to read your responses.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards