Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridesmaid gift....when to give?

When do people traditionally gift their BMs their gifts?  Do you do it in a group setting, when they're all together? (shower, luncheon, etc)?   Do it the day of the wedding? Do it individually...make it more personal?  

Re: Bridesmaid gift....when to give?

• Options
    I have seen it done a few ways. Some people will give out all the gifts together at the rehearsal dinner (if you are having one), or give them individually. If you present them individually, I would give them the day before the wedding so your wedding party doesn't have to worry about carrying around a gift.
  • Options
    I did it the morning of when my girls came by my hotel room.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I gave mine at the rehearsal dinner. 
  • Options
    We're all staying together the night before, so I'll give them their gifts after the rehearsal dinner.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I am planning to do it at my bridal luncheon.  We're having a big rehearsal dinner, and I don't want my girls to feel like they're being put on the spot.  The luncheon will be small and intimate.

• Options
    I received mine at the rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    We all got ready together in my hotel room the day of, so I gave them to them then. Same thing when I was a BM - we were given them while we got ready at the church.
  • Options
    I gave out mine as we were getting ready at the hair salon.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I gave them their gifts the morning after the wedding when we were at brunch.  I meant to do it the morning of when we went to the salon to get our hair done, but I accidentally left the gifts in my overnight bag at the venue.
  • Options
    I remember getting them once at a dinner out with the bride a week or two before the wedding.  Another time I got it at the rehearsal dinner, but it was casual so nobody watched me open it up, so I wasn't put on the spot.  When I was a groomswoman, we opened them at the rehearsal dinner in front of everyone and was totally put on the spot.
  • Options
    I gave mine out at the rehearsal dinner.

Anniversary

• Options
    I've been in 3 weddings and each time gifts were given at the rehearsal party.
  • Options
    Hmmm... I'm planning on having the girls carry very nice hardbound books with a flower in them down the aisle and perhaps a necklace for them each. Should I give at rehearsal or the morning of? The books are in place of the bouquet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We gave ours out at the rehearsal dinner.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm... I'm planning on having the girls carry very nice hardbound books with a flower in them down the aisle and perhaps a necklace for them each. Should I give at rehearsal or the morning of? The books are in place of the bouquet.
    If it's part of their wedding "uniform" it's not a gift, and you should get them an actual gift that is not required at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards