Chit Chat

I've been a busy bee *PIP*AW*

KytchynWitcheKytchynWitche member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
I did my make-up trial this morning. It'll probably be the first in a long line of practice runs, seeing as I'm doing it myself (no MUAs in this teeny tiny town of ours).  imageimage

And I've sewn 8 of the 140+ strands of wax paper circles we need for our backdrop. LOTS of work, but they're gonna look great!

So, what's been keeping you all busy?

Edited because I forgot a tag in the title.
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: I've been a busy bee *PIP*AW*

• Looks good!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Very pretty, I like the bold lip!
    I love that backdrop. what  fun, and I can imagine a ton of work!
  • You look gorgeous!

I'm in love with the backdrop. I can't wait to see pictures!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies! You're all so sweet! I'm really lucky that my mom was a cosmetics counter/salon rep in her youth and passed her tricks (and her genes) on to me.

FI and I are totally in love with the backdrop too, and I'm really glad that it's coming across as fun and whimsical.

I originally fell for this, but I could NOT get the cones to work. Then I saw this, and thought why not? I mean, wax paper is really cheap so it wasn't gonna blow my budget if it didn't work - but it DID work, and I am SO excited! The sewing is really quick, the drawing and cutting not so much.

@ohannabelle - I haven't done a storage/transport test yet, but we're going to stay with the FILs next weekend (for my final dress fitting!!!) so I'm gonna take a few strands along and see how they hold up. I think they're gonna be okay though - wax paper is pretty resilient, and a few creases or crinkles won't ruin anything.

@smichek - Good luck with your MUA search! Just remember to breathe. You got this, girl! Also, hell yeah Halloween candy!

Sorry for the post-and-run. FI has me totally addicted to this time-waster called Prison Architect, so between that, DIYing (with Charmed in the background), and cooking a Sunday roast, well... the day kinda got away from me.
  • Love the red lips! Wish I had the coloring to pull that red off. What are you using to cut the wax circles? They are so neat. You will have to share a photo of the final product.

I have been DIY-ing the heck out of stuff lately as I have less and less time. Here are a few I have been working on. Pie stand (FI and I don't care for cake) and a box to hold the candy bar favor bags. Also a sign I made for the reception and behind that our are unity candles. I am on a mercury glass craze lately.
  • You look super pretty! And I love the backdrop you are working on! I've never seen that before. It looks awesome!
  • I love the backdrop idea. I've thought about attempting the cones, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience. 

Can't wait to see a finished pic!
  • Love the red lips! Wish I had the coloring to pull that red off. What are you using to cut the wax circles? They are so neat. You will have to share a photo of the final product. I have been DIY-ing the heck out of stuff lately as I have less and less time. Here are a few I have been working on. Pie stand (FI and I don't care for cake) and a box to hold the candy bar favor bags. Also a sign I made for the reception and behind that our are unity candles. I am on a mercury glass craze lately.
    Thanks! It's just good old fashioned Revlon Red, and it seems to work for almost everyone I know - my sister who is olive toned, my MOH who is fair but cool, my bestie who is medium warm... you just need a good dose of confidence to rock it! :)

We're tracing the circles using a (sturdy) glass for a template, and then FI's cutting them out by hand. I tried with my circle cutter, but the stabilising point thing kept ripping the wax paper. :( FI has really been amazing in helping me with this project.

I'm loving your projects!
    lc07 said:
    You look super pretty! And I love the backdrop you are working on! I've never seen that before. It looks awesome!
    Thanks! I am so glad that both the makeup and the backdrop are getting such positive feedback!

ElcaB said:
    I love the backdrop idea. I've thought about attempting the cones, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience. 

Can't wait to see a finished pic!
    The cones do look AMAZING, but very time and labour intensive, and quite difficult to get them all even. At least, that was my experience. I think the plain circles look just as good, and they're about half the work. I'm an incredibly impatient person, and the circles are really working for me.

We're house- and pet-sitting for the FILs the first 10 days in October, and I can't craft while we're there (cats get into EVERYTHING), so I need to have the backdrop done before we leave because when we get back I have to get the table décor, seating charts, signage etc done.

So look for finished pics at the end of the month!
  • I also must comment the makeup looks great! Love the lip.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards