October 2014 Weddings

19 Days and FMIL wants to invite more people...

19 days before the wedding and I get a text from FI saying: "Do we have anymore invitations? We forgot to invite some of our family and they are upset about it." SERIOUSLY????? So 3 more invitations are going out today. Luckily, they all live in California and I'm in Texas, so there's a good chance they will not come. I've already finalized my catering, seating chart, favors, etc. If they come, there won't be room.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: 19 Days and FMIL wants to invite more people...

• If there isn't going to be room if they come, then they 100% should not be invited. I would not send the invitations. If they are upset that they weren't invited, there is a chance they would come if they received the invitation and then it would be awkward about everyone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would have been like NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE! Guest list is closed! 
    Anniversary
  • Apparently they are 90 year old sisters of FI's grandpa.... Grandpa has been dead for 25 years. They are not in touch with the family. So, it's really annoying that they are causing drama. 
    FI insists that they won't be coming. Didn't even include RSVP cards because I don't have any left. 
    Anniversary
  • bekt14 said:
    Apparently they are 90 year old sisters of FI's grandpa.... Grandpa has been dead for 25 years. They are not in touch with the family. So, it's really annoying that they are causing drama. 
    FI insists that they won't be coming. Didn't even include RSVP cards because I don't have any left.

STIB:
    Just watch - now they're going to complain that their invite was just an 'after-thought' and they would have come if not for that.

Anniversary
  • Dignity100 I am fully expecting this. I'm way outside of the invitation etiquette rules now- which I'm sure the 90-yr-old biatches will be happy to point out. 
    Anniversary
  • Good luck with that. Sounds like super crazy drama you don't need before the wedding. Keep your chin up. It'll all be ok. Hopefully they won't come and you won't have to deal with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yikes! My FMIL did the opposite. I found out from FSIL a week after invitations went out that I wasn't supposed to send them yet, b/c FMIL wanted to REMOVE a couple of people she'd had a falling out with. Keep in mind, those people had already received Save The Dates - big NO NO to not send invites. FMIL never mentioned anything remotely like that to me...she simply said "I need to review the guest list to make sure I have the right people on there". To me that's a "make sure I didn't forget anyone", not take off friends I don't like anymore!! Oh well...I got a couple of No replies from those invites! :) 
  • Lol. I have to laugh, not at you. But I asked my mom in march for a list. So when I mailed out invites a few weeks ago and she got hers she said oh did u invite this person or that person?? So a week later I mailed out more invites. 2 days ago I mailed another out. Parents, geesh!!! Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards