Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Cost of Photographer

Hi,
I am trying to budget out my wedding and what is a good price for a  photographer in NJ/NY. I am asking for a full day, two shooters and no prints...just USB with editted photos on it. nothing else. What would be an appropriate price? He is an amazing photographer but I also don't want to go overboard on cost.

Thanks!

Re: Cost of Photographer

• In my area depending on experience and skill, what you're asking for can range from $2,500 to $8K. Only you two can (and your parents if they are paying for the photog) can decide what is an acceptable budget.

Have you tried asking on your local board? I can move this thread there if you'd like input from local ladies on pricing and recs.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I am in NY and that is exactly what I had - 2 shooters, full day, and flash drive with all images (which were edited).    It also included an engagment shoot.  I paid $1,600 and LOOOVED my photographer.  She was on the lower end of quotes I received, only graduating a year ago but did an amazing job.       From there the quotes were closer to $2500 and up, for some of the more established photographers in the area.  
  • Most photographers in the NY/NJ area start at $2500 for the bare minimum.  I have a friend from LI who does this as her side job and I think her starting rate was around that much.  Just shop around! A lot of photographers seem to be moving away from just giving you all of your edited images at the end.  A lot of them post them to a site where you have to purchase them.  So make sure when you find someone that you will have the copyright to the images.  

• jenni1221 said:
    I am in NY and that is exactly what I had - 2 shooters, full day, and flash drive with all images (which were edited).    It also included an engagment shoot.  I paid $1,600 and LOOOVED my photographer.  She was on the lower end of quotes I received, only graduating a year ago but did an amazing job.       From there the quotes were closer to $2500 and up, for some of the more established photographers in the area.  
    Who was your photographer? I'm looking for one for my June 2015 wedding.
  • @misskinababy  Alica King Photography http://www.aliciakingphotography.com/#!/HOME  She also has facebook page.   
  • @jenni1221 Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, when I contacted her, she was already booked. 

Ladeda123 I just booked a photographer. I'm paying $1500 for two shooters all day and all edited images. 
  • My budget was between $3-3,400. I wanted 8 hours of coverage, 2 shooters, and the rights to all my photos (no prints). I live in Maryland (Baltimore area) and contacted photographers in the DC, MD, VA area. Some were up to $4,000 but I found a great photographer for $2,800.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards