Wedding 911

Dress panic.

I'm so worried about my dress not fitting.   I currently feel like a giant manatee.
Its a corset back. I should be fine. I know this. But I still feel panicky. It should be in for me to try on in another 2 months.

I think part of it is also that I was only able to try on the "sister" gown, not the actual gown that I ordered :(

HELP!

Re: Dress panic.

• I'm so worried about my dress not fitting.   I currently feel like a giant manatee.
    Its a corset back. I should be fine. I know this. But I still feel panicky. It should be in for me to try on in another 2 months.

I think part of it is also that I was only able to try on the "sister" gown, not the actual gown that I ordered :(

HELP!
    What makes you worried? Is it just because you haven't tried it on? You should be fine, the main issue with dresses is sizing can vary by designer. If you tried on a dress by the same designer and it fit, you should be in good shape. Yes, you may need some alterations, but that is always to be expected with a wedding dress. Plus if it is a corset back, it is much, much more forgiving. 

2 months is a lot of time. If you would like to, maybe focus on healthy eating, 20 min of exercise a day and portion control. Not necessarily to lose weight (and don't do anything silly like try to lose 30 lbs in 6 weeks) but I always find I feel more confident and my clothes fit a bit better when I have been focused on being healthy. 
  • It was the same dress, but a strapless version.  I ordered the version with straps.  Same designer. Bodice and bottom are exactly the same.

I don't know why I'm so worried.  I've been on weight watchers for a long time and doing well, but I have a long term injury that has me sidelined from the gym.  So that's messing with my head.

Thanks. I'm sure it will work out.
  • If it is just the sleeves, you have nothing to worry about- that is easy to tailor in alterations I'm sure you will be beautiful!
  • Thank you. I feel better today...I just have moments of panic. Thanks for the reassurance.
  • Girl, I'm with you.  I've also been sidelined from the gym with an injury.  For months.  Just getting back into it a little bit now.  That feeling sucks-- even if you're watching your food and trying to work in exercise in other ways, it can mess with your head.

Is there any kind of activity you can do-- stretching, walking, yoga, Pilates?  Even if it's not intense cardio or heavy lifting, getting even a little bit active always helps my mindset.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thank you. I feel better today...I just have moments of panic. Thanks for the reassurance.
    I was totally there the other week. I had what was to be my last fitting, and I felt fat in my dress and not happy. It passed though, and I love my dress again. 
  • edited September 2014
    Aww, I'm glad the feeling passed for you!

I'm trying to do a few things while I can - situps, pushups from my knees, free weights / resistance bands with my arms - but I'm facing minor foot surgery in a few weeks and I will have to stop ALL of that again.  Its hard to be motivated when I know this is going to stop me again.  So much for my amazing routine :(

This has been going on since January.  It was supposed to be a few weeks off of it.  9 months later.....sheesh. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails.
  • I have been doing the 30 day shred video and Jillian mentions that if you are stuck with an injury air punches are a great way to do cardio if you can't use your knees or legs in some way.  Back injury would not work with the twisting motion of the punches, but other than that...it'll get your heart rate up.
  • Thank you, I hadn't thought of that.  I will give it a shot!  Easy enough to add to my stretches and crunches, etc.
  • If it helps, I have NEVER looked at a beautiful bride in her dress and thought "Jesus, what a giant manatee."
    We are always much harsher on ourselves than others are. You will be lovely!
  • I've dealt with some sports injuries, and consistently, I've been able to swim during rehab because it's low impact.  Can you put in an hour of laps per day?  You'll feel better if you're taking active steps to tone.
  • I'd love to swim, but I don't have access. 
    Swimming is tough in the big city :(

Thanks, everyone!
  • YMCA?  Day pass at athletic club?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards